SiouxSports.com Forum

UND MH Sweaters ‘19-‘20

UND-MH-Fan

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

jersey.jpg

I like this concept, but would like to see the home version with FIGHTING on the top part of the roundel and HAWKS on the bottom part of it.  The away versions would have NORTH and DAKOTA there in those respective spots.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, streetsahead said:

Yeah I remember seeing these.  These would take some getting used to but they would be a clean look.

While you're at it, let's see what it would look like using the Wild template (green jersey, wide white stripe with logo).

new attempt, road jersey

Stars.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, streetsahead said:

That could actually work.  I think part of the problem with it as a crest in the middle is that is wider than it is long and it just looks kinda weird.  Having it part of a horizontal stripe would fix that somewhat.  Or perhaps it could be put in a circle or something.

Circle logo on hockey jerseys is something that certainly isn't new.  Definitely done in the NHL with the Wild and Blues.  Several college teams have or currently use that type of logo as well.....including the UND womens hockey team.

r.jpg

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Circle logo on hockey jerseys is something that certainly isn't new.  Definitely done in the NHL with the Wild and Blues.  Several college teams have or currently use that type of logo as well.....including the UND womens hockey team.

r.jpg

The Canisius Golden Griffins...I could swear I've heard of them somewhere...

tumblr_mrgj1apNNP1sok1hbo1_400.gif

Oh yea.  It's all coming back to me now...

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

zero chance the hockey team has a hawk on their chest as long as mcgarry is paying the bills...she wouldn't even allow it on the floor of the betty much less the men's hockey sweater...zeroooo chance

I wouldn't say zero chance. KEM and the Ralph have zero control of what is on the jerseys of the teams that play in their buildings.  The UND Athletic Department decides that. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I wouldn't say zero chance. KEM and the Ralph have zero control of what is on the jerseys of the teams that play in their buildings.  The UND Athletic Department decides that. 

Yeah but she can threaten to cry to the press and never donate again.  

I think something like this could work with the just the logo and no text.

Ottawa Heritage Classic jerseys are pure, snowy class ...

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.rk1D3p8cfq4yrgq1ouVq5AHaHa%26pid%3DApi&f=1

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

u serious....jones, chaves, brew, kennedy, and pryor all wanted a hawk at mid court of the betty...guess who didn't want one?  We didn't get a hawk at midcourt.

10 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

u serious....jones, chaves, brew, kennedy, and pryor all wanted a hawk at mid court of the betty...guess who didn't want one?  We didn't get a hawk at midcourt.

A hawk on the court in their building is different than a Hawk on a jersey. But since Berry has the final say we will get the usual bland North Dakota with the Hawk on the shoulders.

1 minute ago, darell1976 said:

A hawk on the court in their building is different than a Hawk on a jersey. But since Berry has the final say we will get the usual bland North Dakota with the Hawk on the shoulders.

according to siouxperfan7 the athletic dept has the final say...you say it's brad berry?  i say it's kristy mcgarry englestad

8 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

according to siouxperfan7 the athletic dept has the final say...you say it's brad berry?  i say it's kristy mcgarry englestad

The Sicatoka

• The Sicatoka
  • Moderators
  •  
  • 23,359 posts

My guess is the changes will be subtle and nuanced from the 2018-19 jerseys: North Dakota on the front; hawk on the shoulder; maybe re-striped (as some say) like Dallas. That's it. 

Why do I say that? Brad Berry has final call on the jersey. He's never said "Hawks"; he was forced into the "on the shoulder hawk". You won't see further movement toward it. 

That's my prediction. Make me wrong, Brad. 

2 hours ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Put this on the shoulders and use this jersey.

blob.png

hawks.jpg.f5bc41f3cd1e2fd2d3d0392609c39e44.jpg

That would be some awfully fine text on those shoulders.  And if the logo is on the front, it's a bit redundant to put it on the shoulders, too.  

Reminds me of the Patriots.  Apparently the logo on the helmet isn't enough to help you know what team he's on, Brady needs Elvis Presley the Patriot on each of his shoulders too:

5 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

That would be some awfully fine text on those shoulders.  And if the logo is on the front, it's a bit redundant to put it on the shoulders, too.  

Reminds me of the Patriots.  Apparently the logo on the helmet isn't enough to help you know what team he's on, Brady needs Elvis Presley the Patriot on each of his shoulders too:

Hockey teams need to quit it with laces on the neck. It’s getting old. I can’t f’n take it.

6 minutes ago, UND-MH-Fan said:

Hockey teams need to quit it with laces on the neck. It’s getting old. I can’t f’n take it.

Unless it's an old-style jersey, then it's ok.  Trying to take the new-fangled Adidas material, add in that horrible collar, and try to make it appear "retro" just doesn't work.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Brad Berry is part of the Athletic Department.  I can only assume that most AD's work with their coaches when deciding what jerseys their players will be wearing.  Berry doesn't have the final say, but he was likely asked about the new jersey design (If they are even changing it).  

The REA, KEM, and the Engelstad Foundation have ZERO control over the jerseys.  

7 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Yeah but she can threaten to cry to the press and never donate again.  

I think something like this could work with the just the logo and no text.

Ottawa Heritage Classic jerseys are pure, snowy class ...

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.rk1D3p8cfq4yrgq1ouVq5AHaHa%26pid%3DApi&f=1

I get misty-eyed looking at that cream-colored Senators jersey.