SiouxSports.com Forum

The Name-'em Game: 2019-20 Edition

The Sicatoka

OK, so it's the off-season, ... a-a-a-a-a-gain. :(
Here's a re-re-blast from the past to pass the time. ???

The game: 
Name the new players on, *and* name any early departures from, the official hockey roster for 2019-20. 

Scoring: 

For every new player you name correctly you gain a point. 
For every new player you claim will come in but that isn't on the roster you lose a point. 
For every new player that comes in that you don't predict you lose a point. 

For every early departure you predict correctly you get a point.
For every early departure you claim but they stay you lose a point. 
For every early departure you don't predict but that happens you lose a point. 

Entries: 

Due before the first early departure happens or official release of the roster this fall (whichever happens first). 
Final scoring when fall camp roster is released. 

3 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

He will be practicing with the team so not sure. I hoping that was my ace in the hole. lol.

I also think Berry got caught with a short roster this year and he will make sure he has coverage because of injuries.

Yeah, not until midseason, though. I'll wait for Sic's ruling, but since it notes new players for the 19-20 roster and not just the START of the year, I think he should count.

21 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Yeah, not until midseason, though. I'll wait for Sic's ruling, but since it notes new players for the 19-20 roster and not just the START of the year, I think he should count.

Where did you get the mid season info? He has to sit out a year and 7 games. To my knowledge he’ll be here the whole year. 

18 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Where did you get the mid season info? He has to sit out a year and 7 games. To my knowledge he’ll be here the whole year. 

I could very well have messed that up hahaha.

Little help! Anyone? Anyone ACTUALLY know what they're talking about around this? Haha. 

20 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I could very well have messed that up hahaha.

Little help! Anyone? Anyone ACTUALLY know what they're talking about around this? Haha. 

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/4473754-und-gets-commitment-former-whl-player-murphy-stratton

here is his commitment article. I’m pretty sure he has to be on campus to serve that 41 game suspension. 

I saw him play on Friday, he’s an intriguing player. 

42 minutes ago, franchise said:

Are you hoping? Or can you really see a couple guys leaving?

I can see players who have limited points/playing time either leaving on their own or being slightly pushed. I think Berry will have lots of pressure to improve the program from lots of sources.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/4473754-und-gets-commitment-former-whl-player-murphy-stratton

here is his commitment article. I’m pretty sure he has to be on campus to serve that 41 game suspension. 

I saw him play on Friday, he’s an intriguing player. 

Yup. I remember this, now lol. So, he's coming in this year, but can't play until 20-21.

9 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Can we clarify this? Are we counting Stratton? He's going to come in at the halfway point, but isn't eligible.

Since I made the games and the rules: Stratton can neither help nor harm anyone's score in this game. 

• Upvote 1

I'm seeing a lot of the same names predicted for Outgoing...Yon, Johnson, Reiger, Bowen

I get Reiger a little because our D corps is pretty solid; he may be looking for a situation where he can get some playing time.  Bowen is supposed to be one of our energy guys but he always seems to end up in the damn box.  Johnson is supposed to be a D man so I have a hard time judging him as a forward.  Yon is a 4th liner but we seem to have a lot of those guys already so who knows?  I just hope B-Rad realizes that some changes need to be made.  Go Sioux!