SiouxSports.com Forum

Beer

SiouxFan100

On 2/9/2019 at 9:54 PM, SiouxFan100 said:

Any thoughts of bud light  posting calorie information on packaging?

Makes this big guy think twice about what I am drinking. Especially when you  have multiple drinks per occasion 

Put a straw in your can, you'll get more air bubbles with the beer, less filling.

10 hours ago, Goon said:

I don't know if I could drink a full can of that without puking. :) 

I could only afford ole mill in college. Grew to like it. Even started drinking some hamms again - found some cheap hamms light and actually I liked it

you all know the old hamms commercials. Great song

short is I kinda like all types of beer

12 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I could only afford ole mill in college. Grew to like it. Even started drinking some hamms again - found some cheap hamms light and actually I liked it

From the land of sky blue waters, Hamms was big in MN and ND in the 60's

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

• Upvote 1

On 2/11/2019 at 11:10 AM, Goon said:

I haven't drank that beer in at least two years. I actually cut way back on the drinking all together. I've switched to whisky and rum. 

What kind of whiskey are you into, Goon? I’ve been looking for someone to do a little Happy Harry’s shopping for me. In exchange I could bring back some store picks from this region on my annual trek to chase ditch parrots. 

2 minutes ago, UNDfaninMICH said:

What kind of whiskey are you into, Goon? I’ve been looking for someone to do a little Happy Harry’s shopping for me. In exchange I could bring back some store picks from this region on my annual trek to chase ditch parrots. 

I like Jack and Jimmy. Last month,  I stayed at my buddies house if Fargo after a Force game and he had whole bunch of different brands of Whisky.  

On 2/11/2019 at 10:10 AM, Goon said:

I haven't drank that beer in at least two years. I actually cut way back on the drinking all together. I've switched to whisky and rum. 

Fair warning... ever admitting to drinking that beer comes with a lifetime of ridicule, questioning of manhood, and  shame... mostly just shame. 

2 hours ago, sioux rube said:

I’m a Crown guy. Enjoying one on the rocks right now. Cheers 

I don't drink much anymore. I should probably apply to get my amateur status back.

I have a friend who used to finance car lots and boat dealerships and he had a connection who worked for one of the duty free places up at the border and he would let us know when he would be up that way. His friend would get him "breakage" or "damaged" items as they had an allowance for that. Used to get 40 oz bottles of Grey Goose for $10 and 3 liter bottles of Crown for $35. Takes awhile to get to the bottom of one of those. I tell my friends anytime they come over just bring mix.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GeauxSioux said:

I drink a couple of beers a year (maybe). But when I have a beer, I don’t want something that is watered down to the point that it lost the taste of beer. There is a local one that I like. 

Pensacola Bay Brewery Lighthouse Porter

Cheers!

Reading this reminded me of an honor I had received.  Went looking and, along with my other important douments, found the below.

On April 1st 1991 received my Official Membership Card as the Honorary Chairman of the Beer Drinkers of America.  Not sure which beer company honored me/however Stan Mussial name is on the card.  The award was well deserved and was no fluke.

If I knew how would copy the card/and send..

Recommend Miller Genuine Draft