SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 - 2020 UND hockey

SiouxFan100

3 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Skipping 

I do not expect a complete turnaround next year. I am hoping that in two years we will have a chance to return to the frozen four.

With not much leaving outside of graduation (I think Colton stays) and assuming we have some good to average progression from all players, we could easily see a jump next year with the type of forward group we have coming in. 

18 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

With not much leaving outside of graduation (I think Colton stays) and assuming we have some good to average progression from all players, we could easily see a jump next year with the type of forward group we have coming in. 

Hey, @stoneySIOUXno positive attitudes allowed here. :) 

I think next years group will score more goals. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

have you seen any signs of this phenomenon in the forward ranks?

2 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

have you seen any signs of this phenomenon in the forward ranks?

I think Kawaguchi has become more consistent this year.  Just need him to put a few more pucks in the net.  I wish Mismash would have been as consistent in his intensity like Kawaguchi has.  I also think Adams has been more consistent in his energy level the second half.  With the threat of them not seeing as much ice time with the rookies we have coming in next year, I’m hoping they’ll up their game more.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, tnt said:

I think Kawaguchi has become more consistent this year.  Just need him to put a few more pucks in the net.  I wish Mismash would have been as consistent in his intensity like Kawaguchi has.  I also think Adams has been more consistent in his energy level the second half.  With the threat of them not seeing as much ice time with the rookies we have coming in next year, I’m hoping they’ll up their game more.

I agree, is the level of development high enough...  3 players out of what 12..  well minus the freshies if you are looking year to year.  Hoff, Jan are the glaring.  Now that said every player has evolved defensively but offensively?  The focus on defense is glaring in my humble opinion...  How to correct it, beats the heck out of me, but I will be here patiently waiting to cheer.

11 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I should have qualified the question with a "recently" qualifier

This particular forward group? Gooch for sure. Who else were we expecting to take a large leap?

Regardless, my point is that it's implied that thr staff and/or Bubbs isn't making the player better. But, that ignores his entire career.

With that, yes. I expect next year's forward group to be very much improved.

I feel like inserting a couple skilled, more dynamic centers in the top 6 would help increase production.... 

Like looking at who would potentially be our top 6: Guch, Mismash, Adams of the returnees, and I feel like mixing them in with some of the skilled incoming freshmen could be promising. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

My question is really can we turn it around in one year? I doubt it. Was hoping that we would be successful in two years

The first year in the new Ralph we struggled badly, but we turned it around the next year.  Of course we had Zach Parise to thank for a lot of that.  I’m hoping the whole freshman class chips in to help for a quick turnaround.  Our defense has kept us in every game, we just need a few timely goals, and hopefully some of those come from an improved power play. (Can it get worse?)

5 minutes ago, tnt said:

The first year in the new Ralph we struggled badly, but we turned it around the next year.  Of course we had Zach Parise to thank for a lot of that.  I’m hoping the whole freshman class chips in to help for a quick turnaround.  Our defense has kept us in every game, we just need a few timely goals, and hopefully some of those come from an improved power play. (Can it get worse?)

I am admitting not an expert 

do wehave a parise coming in next year?

Just now, SiouxFan100 said:

What are your thoughts about next year 

no smack intended 

can things be turned around next year?

I honestly don’t think we’re that far off right now. Goaltending is good. Defense is decent to good. There are some pieces there. Just need to produce a little more offense. And I think the incoming class can help with that. Like I said in an earlier post, infusing more skill at the center position will help. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I am admitting not an expert 

do wehave a parise coming in next year?

No, but if they get production from a few of the talented freshmen, and see Weatherby and Hain step it up a little, they could change the outcome of a lot of games.  If the power play is as bad next year, changes are in order.