SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 - 2020 UND hockey

SiouxFan100

On 2/9/2019 at 8:49 PM, SiouxFan100 said:

My question is really can we turn it around in one year? I doubt it. Was hoping that we would be successful in two years

I actually think pretty easily. We know the Canisius weekend sunk this team this year, without it, they'd be in the field currently. That is with possibly the lowest scoring forward unit any of us can remember. 

Why do I think it can be an easy turnaround? (1) Dominant defensive group - I too think Poolman stays, with him they will have 5 guys I trust in any situation (Peski is a solid #6 dman) -- Include most likely two solid Freshman recruits and you have a ridiculously deep / talented group. (2) Goaltending - Experience with both guys playing in all situations (except playoffs) 3) Forward group can't be worse. You have a home run freshman class four highly ranked prospects. Still have guys on this team that have a pretty high ceiling (think current sophomore class), hopefully a guy like Weatherby steps up. This team should be able to average another goal a game and defensively, their numbers which are solid won't go up. 

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
On 2/9/2019 at 9:37 PM, SiouxFan100 said:

Believe me

i am a big fan of UND sports 

a disappointed fan for recent times

looking for a realistic time frame for when we can get back to normal success for our programs

thanks for your input 

Talk on here of incoming talent. Also remember UND tends to have early departures.
Next year our offense gets better, our PP just barely better, but thinking it takes the 2020-2021 season to get us back on track?