SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - University of Northern Colorado Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

12 minutes ago, Feff said:

This logic is flawed to me. You keep your foot on the gas until there's almost no chance the other team can come back. 

Bad wording on my part.  What I meant by “seeing if the conservative play calling makes it way back” is that I suspect conservative play calling will be what Rudy will do.   I want their foot on the throttle. 

1 minute ago, Longtime fan said:

Bad wording on my part.  What I meant by “seeing if the conservative play calling makes it way back” is that I suspect conservative play calling will be what Rudy will do.   I want their foot in the throttle. 

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't mean your logic was flawed. I knew what you meant. I was talking the offensive philosophy Rudolph has shown in "get up a few touchdowns, clamp down on your playbook." You and I are on the same page regarding the throttle.

• Upvote 1

Just now, UND-FB-FAN said:

Exactly. This is the issue.

Put #33 in the I formation and run downhill ... NOT A TOSS OR A THROW

I have a son who played center.... many marks on his back over the years. From junior high thru college ball he did not ever miss a quarterback sneak.... never! That is a valuable thing for a team.... notvjust center and QB....

3 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Exactly.  Dumb play call.

I honestly didn't have a problem with the call. UNC is overloading the run on 3rd and short as evidenced by Brady not picking up the first on 3rd and 1. Wanzek was wide open and would have been an easy catch had the ball gotten out there. Ketteringham just has a bad habit of not stepping into that throw. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Feff said:

I honestly didn't have a problem with the call. UNC is overloading the run on 3rd and short as evidenced by Brady not picking up the first on 3rd and 1. Wanzek was wide open and would have been an easy catch had the ball gotten out there. Ketteringham just has a bad habit of not stepping into that throw. 

UNC has played a very soft zone coverage. I'd exploit that, I was the UND coaching staff. No offense to UNC, but they're not very good. 

3 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Not a fan of Kett? I thought he’s done a pretty good job for the most part. Missed an easy throw to Wanzek last drive but other than that seems to have done fine. 

50/50...seen some nice things but these are r-fresh/soph bad passes...not a guy that is 4 or 5 years removed from high school.

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

50/50...seen some nice things but these are r-fresh/soph bad passes...not a guy that is 4 or 5 years removed from high school.

That’s fair. I wouldn’t mind seeing what Brock can do but I think there’s a reason why he’s 3rd on the depth chart. But I would rather see him than Zimm.