SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 attendance

F'n Hawks

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

Sometimes it's okay to sacrifice the almighty dollar in favor of giving good seats for the students to watch their own team. Without the students there would be no team.

Our seats are next to band and students at the Ralph...........................I wouldn't want it any different.

• Upvote 2

On 10/17/2018 at 9:09 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

As previously state, students today just don't care as much about attending sporting events.  they can get endless amount of live sporting events on their phones.  Why take the time and effort to go all the way to the Alerus Center.  Fortunately there are people ready and willing to take their place if they don't want to use their prime seats at the Alerus.  

(Sidenote:  Hockey isn't safe either.  Students having trouble filling their section as well.  I wouldn't be surprised to see sections 108 and 109 turn into Champions Club Season tickets and just move all the students to the upper bowl.)

Decreasing and/or moving student sections is something more and more Universities are going to have to decide on moving forward.  Kind of hard to loo at a half full student section and not think how many of those seats could be sold to the general public.

Am I the only one that thinks the student section has evolved to where it is overrated as far as impact and game environment - even at the hockey games? At football they only cheer when it is third down - if they are prompted by the announcer, most leave by the third quarter. At hockey there are random Let's go Sioux cheers and the cheers that are been around for 50 year "Who's he he sucks" and "Sieve". and the band. When I watch road games it seems their are teams who have students who are cheering much more often than our student section - it's like ours don't know or don't want to know what to do so they check their Snapchat constantly. I understand this is probably the wave of the future and we need to just get used to it. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

Am I the only one that thinks the student section has evolved to where it is overrated as far as impact and game environment - even at the hockey games? At football they only cheer when it is third down - if they are prompted by the announcer, most leave by the third quarter. At hockey there are random Let's go Sioux cheers and the cheers that are been around for 50 year "Who's he he sucks" and "Sieve". and the band. When I watch road games it seems their are teams who have students who are cheering much more often than our student section - it's like ours don't know or don't want to know what to do so they check their Snapchat constantly. I understand this is probably the wave of the future and we need to just get used to it. 

With a wave of students like this showing up each year, will this cause a demise to college sports?

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

The Kelley administration neutered the hockey student section. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

No.  As a former student who spend many a FB and M Hockey games in the student section, I felt the same way.  UND's student section SHOULD be the level of a Cameron Crazy... but its not.  

Any mention of the otherwise gets them pissed off.  They should be way better then they are.   

Should be organized better, should be more creative, but its not. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Football student section has about 200 hardcore fans that appreciate a football game on the 50 yard line. 

At the hockey game last night, student section was totally lame.  I will sum up their lameness.

1. They correct the announcer when he says Hawks, most yell Sioux.  (Millennials do have a hard time with reality) (Best to get the hot chocolate and coloring books out in the grieving rooms, time to move on)

2. Students tell the other players they suck sh-t when announced, which could be the dumbest thing you have ever heard.  One of those players, Shane McMahon for Mankato, a Fargo Force player 2 years ago, spent some time at my house.  I witnessed him several times eating real food and drinking drinks.  No sh-t was sucked, and I did have dog sh-t in the yard.  I saw Shane after the game, he took a photo with my kids.  I tried smelling his breath for evidence of sh-t sucking, none detected.

3. They tell the opposing goalie he is a sieve for letting in a goal.  (How original)

4. They wipe their hands back and forth, lean right and left during "In Heaven Their is No Beer" (Wow!!)  I like the song, but the sway along gets a 2 out of 10.

5.  Overall intensity.....not good.  3 out of 10.

6.  Student soberness, not good, way too sober!!  Thanks administration!!

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Football student section has about 200 hardcore fans that appreciate a football game on the 50 yard line. 

At the hockey game last night, student section was totally lame.  I will sum up their lameness.

1. They correct the announcer when he says Hawks, most yell Sioux.  (Millennials do have a hard time with reality) (Best to get the hot chocolate and coloring books out in the grieving rooms, time to move on)

2. Students tell the other players they suck sh-t when announced, which could be the dumbest thing you have ever heard.  One of those players, Shane McMahon for Mankato, a Fargo Force player 2 years ago, spent some time at my house.  I witnessed him several times eating real food and drinking drinks.  No sh-t was sucked, and I did have dog sh-t in the yard.  I saw Shane after the game, he took a photo with my kids.  I tried smelling his breath for evidence of sh-t sucking, none detected.

3. They tell the opposing goalie he is a sieve for letting in a goal.  (How original)

4. They wipe their hands back and forth, lean right and left during "In Heaven Their is No Beer" (Wow!!)  I like the song, but the sway along gets a 2 out of 10.

5.  Overall intensity.....not good.  3 out of 10.

6.  Student soberness, not good, way too sober!!  Thanks administration!!

Did you get football on the suite monitor

4 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Athletic department needs to give 1,000 percent effort promoting this game with hockey out of town. Hope to see some creativity throughout the week from the marketing team 

Unfortunately I'm guessing the vast majority of the AD, foundation, and school admin will be in Vegas. Gonna need the city to make a push on the fb game. 

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Unfortunately I'm guessing the vast majority of the AD, foundation, and school admin will be in Vegas. Gonna need the city to make a push on the fb game. 

I'm giving my 10 tickets to fans that will be at the Weber State Game, may turn some of them into season tickets holders.

• Upvote 2