SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday vs Da Griz

geaux_sioux

3 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Brad would prob start next week if studs is out again.  These coaches are stubborn as hell. 

If that happens I'm going to start a "Fire" thread, because that would be ridiculous to start Hiedlebaugh over Z again, although it happened once and it shouldn't have. 

1 minute ago, Sioux94 said:

If that happens I'm going to start a "Fire" thread, because that would be ridiculous to start Hiedlebaugh over Z again, although it happened once and it shouldn't have. 

I might do it IF H even plays QB again.

2 minutes ago, shep said:

And I'm not so grouchy watching games.

Yep exactly, and I still have hope we can win 2 more games this year actually.  Also I'm hoping that if we get a couple of guys back, we can somehow pull off a surprise against EWU......that would really irk them if we beat them this year. 

• Like 1

Heidelbaugh is a classic example of the DIs screwing a kid over for marketing.  

He led Rugby to a state basketball title against a heavily favored Four Winds team.  Shot the ball from all over the floor.  Could have had s solid DII career with a scholarship.

UND needs to convince donors and legislators that ND kids can still play here, so the convince Heidelbaugh to toss his basketball career for a walk on shot.  He's there only for window dressing.  It's bull, and we all know it.

Some of it is on him, or whomever convinced him what UND was selling wad legit.  But UND doesn't go get two more options at QB if they are committed.  They wrecked a kids career.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rynomania said:

Heidelbaugh is a classic example of the DIs screwing a kid over for marketing.  

He led Rugby to a state basketball title against a heavily favored Four Winds team.  Shot the ball from all over the floor.  Could have had s solid DII career with a scholarship.

UND needs to convince donors and legislators that ND kids can still play here, so the convince Heidelbaugh to toss his basketball career for a walk on shot.  He's there only for window dressing.  It's bull, and we all know it.

Some of it is on him, or whomever convinced him what UND was selling wad legit.  But UND doesn't go get two more options at QB if they are committed.  They wrecked a kids career.

Bold statement that he would be second string QB to prove ND kids can hack it when one just went #2 overall in the draft.

If you're a relative of his, sounds like it, I would suggest he sucks it up and switches positions because he's a great athlete and can contribute elsewhere. He just can't throw. Esley Thorton from Bismark did this with great success at NDSU. Too bad they ruined his career by bringing in other QBs.

• Like 3

I like to use three unarguable statements when refuting points on message boards.

1) Brad Heidelbaugh is no Carson Wentz, and we all knew that.

2)  Success at 1A Rugby is not success at 3A Century, and we all knew that.

3)  ND kids were drafted before Wentz, and that didn't stop schools from making promises it had no intention of keeping, and we all know that.

And not kin here, either.  Just an observer that loves watching good kids get the shaft when Faith Dooley is the most successful ND athlete playing at UND.

1 minute ago, Rynomania said:

I like to use three unarguable statements when refuting points on message boards.

3)  ND kids were drafted before Wentz, and that didn't stop schools from making promises it had no intention of keeping, and we all know that.

And not kin here, either.  Just an observer that loves watching good kids get the shaft when Faith Dooley is the most successful ND athlete playing at UND.

Tell me again how this opportunity is getting the shaft? All I see are excuses from your last two posts. He should move to TE or LB and contribute. Or quit, since his career is ruined apparently. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Tell me again how this opportunity is getting the shaft? All I see are excuses from your last two posts. He should move to TE or LB and contribute. Or quit, since his career is ruined apparently. 

And I don't see how he got shafted. He's getting a FAR greater shot than his skill set deserves. Nothing negative about that.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, shep said:

And I don't see how he got shafted. He's getting a FAR greater shot than his skill set deserves. Nothing negative about that.

He is not a college QB, I think that is evident in his two games this season.  Lets get him to a different position and see if he can be a college football player.

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

He is not a college QB, I think that is evident in his two games this season.  Lets get him to a different position and see if he can be a college football player at another position.

Like Jake Hanson, QB from Grafton. Athletes from ND (and elsewhere) should be brought in to play football not just a position.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Rynomania said:

Are the coaches making him stay here?  He choose the scholarship and can walk away from it at anytime.  They gave him an opportunity he obviously wanted

1 minute ago, homer said:

Are the coaches making him stay here?  He choose the scholarship and can walk away from it at anytime.  They gave him an opportunity he obviously wanted

Poor guy. One of the unfortunate schmucks who make up the <1% of the population that are on a D1 football roster. 

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Montana exposed our coaches.

As did SD, Montana State, and UC Davis, on both sides of the ball.  The defense has a little bit of an excuse, but the offense not so much.  I am worried what our offense will look like in the hands of someone who doesn't know the difference between heidlebaugh and Zimmerman when we don't have 3 stud RBs

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

exactly...miller nelson and schloss wont

Except Miller said on Twitter just today that the #2 and 3 best QBs on the roster are ineligible until next year (RS and transfer.)

But regarding depth currently eligible, I agree that it's bad. I'm sure that's why they brought in Z. You should know what you have in Brad before this point. He may have earned backup position in Fall camp, but this is real life now.

5 minutes ago, SiouxTupa said:

Except Miller said on Twitter just today that the #2 and 3 best QBs on the roster are ineligible until next year (RS and transfer.)

until i hear any of those three ask rudy or bubba...what the hell were you thinking starting brad....i'll keep waiting