SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: F'N Hawks vs Bobcats

geaux_sioux

Not sure whether to blame lack of effort on guys being dog tired on defense, but boy are there a couple guys who will stick out in film tomorrow.....

Don't hate me, but #9 isn't the future at QB.  Put some weight on the kid and make him a LB like NDSU did with Thornton. 

With Reyes gone, we hardly have an upperclassmen left on defense.  Will get better but will take time.  Just too inexperienced and too small.  Offensively it's nothing different than we always see and will continue to see under Rudolph.  We just don't have the defense right now to bail him out for every three and out throughout the first half.  47 yards of offense until 4 minutes left in the first half doesn't help an injury decimated defense.  

It's crazy how horrible the run defense is right now.  It was the strength of the defense under Bubba up until this season.  The defensive line which was supposed to be a strength is an absolute weakness right now.  I see a high pad level and most of them just flat getting pushed around.   Granted some of the problem is stunting right out of position on quite a few plays.  If the run defense doesn't get fixed I have trouble seeing UND winning another game this year.  The LB's are a problem as well but they are undersized and are getting the UND DL jammed right into them a lot of the time.  MSU beat the crap out of us up front today.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Not sure whether to blame lack of effort on guys being dog tired on defense, but boy are there a couple guys who will stick out in film tomorrow.....

Don't hate me, but #9 isn't the future at QB.  Put some weight on the kid and make him a LB like NDSU did with Thornton. 

Put in Zimmerman, if he's not ready, just play Studsrud and wait for the guys who will be eligible next year. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hans8891 said:

With Reyes gone, we hardly have an upperclassmen left on defense.  Will get better but will take time.  Just too inexperienced and too small.  Offensively it's nothing different than we always see and will continue to see under Rudolph.  We just don't have the defense right now to bail him out for every three and out throughout the first half.  47 yards of offense until 4 minutes left in the first half doesn't help an injury decimated defense.  

Really, UND tried to pass today but the OL sucked and the WR's can't consistently catch the ball.  

1 minute ago, F'n Hawks said:

This game was lost because the defense couldn't find a way to get off the field, plain and simple. Offense looked good in first two possessions but was hurt in the first half with drops and poor clock management

I couple poor called hurt as well, the first TD should have counted. 

1 minute ago, F'n Hawks said:

This game was lost because the defense couldn't find a way to get off the field, plain and simple. Offense looked good in first two possessions but was hurt in the first half with drops and poor clock management

This!!! I think the offense could have picked if up, given the chance.

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Ketteringham then Boltmann, book it

3 minutes ago, AJS said:

To give the OL a little pass, they started 4 underclassman, including 2 Freshman. 

As a former Offensive Lineman they don't get a pass.  The one sack when neither the RT or RG even moved when the ball was snapped.  I get they will have some growing pains but getting driven back off the ball isn't acceptable. 

• Upvote 1

Allow me to vent a little bit first:

• Section 217 is once again a big, fat party zone. The Alerus Center should sell some alcohol down there for the last three home games because there will be a lot of celebrating down there.
  • Teams are running on us at will.
  • An 0-3 team comes into our house and looks like the 1985 Chicago Bears.

Now, for a little perspective:

• We are forced into playing guys that usually don't play unless we are nursing a 40-0 lead. That leads to what we saw today.
  • Bubba has three full recruiting classes under his belt. When you start out with next to nothing, that isn't much. The lack of depth is showing this year, as the injuries pile up.
  • Last year's team won some exciting games, but also avoided the number of injuries this team has been hit with.
  • I still believe in this coaching regime and I still believe that our best days are ahead of us.
  • Looking forward to Homecoming.

GO FIGHTING HAWKS!!! BUCK THE FISON!!!

• Upvote 1