SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

SiouxVolley

Hopefully this great play keeps up! My wife and I are adjusting our Montana trip (hotels booked since March) in order to see a game this year. Instead of leaving after the football game and starting back for Utah on Saturday evening, we will be getting a room Saturday night in Missoula in order to attend the volleyball game (I didn’t expect to see a live game this year, if ever). I have attended every UND volleyball game played at UVU and Weber State since 2009 and I am going to sorely miss attending volleyball games (and all other sports) after this year.

17 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

What ever dollar amount it takes to keep Pryor around is well worth it. Coaching and recruiting great teams. He is the kind of coach we can't afford to lose. Gotta love packed volleyball games!!!!

More like how much to keep Faison around. He lost one good volleyball coach and quickly replaced him with another good volleyball coach. Guy knows how to pick winners.

5 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I enjoyed the demeanor of the handful of high-up NDSU athletic department folks who were standing in the SE corner of the BESC. They did not appear to be enjoying themselves. I do want to point out that Matt Larsen wasn't in that group, he was behind the north bench. Saw him in the ticket line, he looked to be impressed with the turnout. Seems like a very nice guy.

Never understood why NDSU doesn't at least play some games in their new BSA instead of that old gym.  Maybe the attendance will force them to get competitive in recruiting - after all two of our stars are from Imperial Cass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cpa_guy said:

Hopefully this great play keeps up! My wife and I are adjusting our Montana trip (hotels booked since March) in order to see a game this year. Instead of leaving after the football game and starting back for Utah on Saturday evening, we will be getting a room Saturday night in Missoula in order to attend the volleyball game (I didn’t expect to see a live game this year, if ever). I have attended every UND volleyball game played at UVU and Weber State since 2009 and I am going to sorely miss attending volleyball games (and all other sports) after this year.

This team should roll through the Big Sky.  You will significantly increase Montana vball attendance, as they hardly draw flies.  Montana St draws for vball though.

3 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

This team should roll through the Big Sky.  You will significantly increase Montana vball attendance, as they hardly draw flies.  Montana St draws for vball though.

Thinking about going to Montana State on Friday night as well (we had a great time at the football game last year). The only issue would be that my wife went back to work for the first time in 16 years last week and she isn't sure if she should request to take off early on that Friday.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

But not how to fire losers.

You'd be hard pressed to find a college fan base who isn't upset that their AD hasn't fired one of their "loser" coaches by now.

But he did fire a loser coach, whom he never hired. And now UND sits atop four conference championships, a Big Sky record.

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

But not how to fire losers.

Most coaches would move on after this year but Pryor may be an exception.  He seems to like the area and school and sees so much potential in the Betty.  Big 10 and Big12 schools have so much advantages, but Creighton is close on their heels and Pryor seems to be on their heels.  A midwestern location is not a negative for the sport, as there are a lot of tall athletic gals.  The east and the South have a much harder time.

Vail, Brueggemn, Fraase and Matson seem to provide a secure core for next year.  But we need a tall middle or two down the road.

On 9/6/2017 at 9:47 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

I wonder if it had been at the Ralph if it could have gotten to or close to 4K... (not suggesting it but its kinda of a fun question to ponder).  Anywho my first impression was they look the part of a team that could have a very special season.  The scary part is that they haven't hit their ceiling yet.  

Still have to clean up the tournament at home and see how they stack up in Green Bay, then the rugged part of the conference schedule begins.  

With ticket prices only at $6 for adults, the Ralph probably couldn't make a profit when it has to lay down a floor.  Basketball maybe can because the prices are more than double that.  

37 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Most coaches would move on after this year but Pryor may be an exception.  He seems to like the area and school and sees so much potential in the Betty.  Big 10 and Big12 schools have so much advantages, but Creighton is close on their heels and Pryor seems to be on their heels.  A midwestern location is not a negative for the sport, as there are a lot of tall athletic gals.  The east and the South have a much harder time.

Vail, Brueggemn, Fraase and Matson seem to provide a secure core for next year.  But we need a tall middle or two down the road.

Plus they have recruited very well in both North Dakota and in Minnesota. Especially in MN

8 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

While that would be great, I get an uneasy feeling every time I go to a volleyball game and walk by his Ford Bronco that still has Texas plates.

9 hours ago, Dustin said:

While that would be great, I get an uneasy feeling every time I go to a volleyball game and walk by his Ford Bronco that still has Texas plates.

Have worked with a lot of former Texas residents and many of them had displayed their old Texas plates prominently.  But if he doesn't have new ND plates that's an entirely different story.

Off topic, but is there a way to get notifications before UND games on mobile (what are they called push button notifications where they'll pop up on the front screen?) 

I wasnt even aware of the UND vs NDSU game til it was too late. 

There's a lot of basketball and volleyball games that I'd casually watch throughout the season but miss cause I'm just not die-hard about catching.

Does the UND app allow that?

7 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Watching the match tonight on Pluto TV on my Apple TV. Looks like they organize the channels by school. So there is a UND channel. Quality is great. 

IMG_1849.JPG

Yeah except for it doesn't even load for me on certain apps. Watch Big Sky works perfectly so it is not my equipment or network.