SiouxSports.com Forum

PRE-FALL 2 DEEP

Midwestern Hawk

15 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

image.png.2c17cd252c2e66e4d92dbafd0ff71e73.png

Any surprises here?  Any guys missing that did well in the spring?  I am surprised Jaxson Turner is not on here.  Seemed to be making progress in spring at OLB.  Moved to safety and not on 2-deep.  Wouldn't he have been on 2 deep at OLB instead of Jake X2.

Elijah Grady not listed on depth chart?

4 hours ago, petey23 said:

Elijah Grady not listed on depth chart?

Here's the confirmation...https://millersports.areavoices.com/2017/08/02/unds-grady-no-longer-on-roster/

As far as I'm concerned...next man up!  It's not fair to the other guys that bust their tails day in and day out to give second or third chances to someone not fully committed to the program.  I hope Elijah can get things straightened out in his life going forward.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UND08 said:

Here's the confirmation...https://millersports.areavoices.com/2017/08/02/unds-grady-no-longer-on-roster/

As far as I'm concerned...next man up!  It's not fair to the other guys that bust their tails day in and day out to give second or third chances to someone not fully committed to the program.  I hope Elijah can get things straightened out in his life going forward.

I wonder how frustrating it will be this winter, when he is sitting in New Town, and could be in Frisco.

Good luck to him.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Siouxperfan7 said:

Is it unfortunate Grady isn't on the team this year?  Yes.  Did we win last year without him?  Yes.  Can we win without him again this year?  I don't see why not!!

My thoughts exactly.  Those who thought he'd slide right in and start at RT this year were drinking some powerful koolaid.  College sports aren't for everyone...and I'd rather see the spot go to someone who is 100% bought in.

• Upvote 1

Better to have a guy less talented 100% committed to the program.  best of luck to him.  There are certain decisions in life that affect you for the rest of your life.  I'm afraid this might be one for him.  Not a lot of people have the talent to get a free education while playing football.

I wonder if Bubba would have allowed him to come back if not for SDSU and E. Washington extending an offer to him.  I feel if it was just Minot St. offering him he would have left it alone.