SiouxSports.com Forum

Coach Jones?

darell1976

... Well at some point, doesn't it fall on the coach to motivate his players to give their best effort.......

^^^ this^^^

... This past season we brought in 4 transfers and only 3 true freshman. It really says something when you don't have enough built up depth to not have to rely on transfers to play a large role ...

^^^ and this ^^^

How good a recruiter is Jones when his recruits refuse to follow his coaching? Mussman v1.2 anyone?

But it needs to start at the top. UND has a PC agenda pushing President and an ineffective AD. Say what you want about Bresciani and Taylor, they have/had a much deeper commitment to the success of the Bison getting into the nation spotlight. FCS Championships, March Madness appearances and even ESPN Game Day, games on ESPN's main network, Fox Sports 1 have put Fargo University into the spotlight more than UND's consecutive Frozen Four appearances (even if they had won one). Change needs to start at the top.

• Upvote 1

Shay.

I was high on Shay before last year, but his presence didn't help.  Last year we seemed to have regressed.

There were two absolutely atrocious games this year:  against UTPA in Salt Lake and NDSU.  A mediocre DI team should have won both.  It would be interesting to know which asst coach did the planning for what game.  They normally rotate, so one had Drake, one had Minnesota, and one had NDSU.  I would bet the same asst coach had both UTPA and NDSU.

UND has a PC agenda pushing President and an ineffective AD. Say what you want about Bresciani and Taylor, they have/had a much deeper commitment to the success of the Bison getting into the nation spotlight. FCS Championships, March Madness appearances and even ESPN Game Day, games on ESPN's main network, Fox Sports 1 have put Fargo University into the spotlight more than UND's consecutive Frozen Four appearances (even if they had won one). Change needs to start at the top.

Great post. I've had enough of official party propaganda about how great UND athletics is right now compared to NDSU.

I was high on Shay before last year, but his presence didn't help. Last year we seemed to have regressed.

There were two absolutely atrocious games this year: against UTPA in Salt Lake and NDSU. A mediocre DI team should have won both. It would be interesting to know which asst coach did the planning for what game. They normally rotate, so one had Drake, one had Minnesota, and one had NDSU. I would bet the same asst coach had both UTPA and NDSU.

Means he did the SDSU one as well. Players need to execute, but coaches need to make adjustments and make sure the team follows the plan.

Last night I would have pulled the starters after 2 minutes and tongue lashed them until the first media timeout to let the message sink in.

Rather have shay than other 2 as interm but neither one should be long term

This thread is the cyber version of the knuckleheads in the barbershop in Hoosiers. So out of bounds. Low class crap full of faceless self -aggrandizing jackasses. Recruits, committed recruits, and parents of recruits, etc unfortunately read this. If you truly cared about the program you would take this off of here and move it back into the barbershop. Awful.

• Upvote 3

This thread is the cyber version of the knuckleheads in the barbershop in Hoosiers. So out of bounds. Low class crap full of faceless self -aggrandizing jackasses. Recruits, committed recruits, and parents of recruits, etc unfortunately read this. If you truly cared about the program you would take this off of here and move it back into the barbershop. Awful.

To be fair, potential recruits and their parents unfortunately also probably saw the last two games on TV. I wonder if it got any of them excited about playing here......

• Upvote 2

They also see on tv how bad this program plays. Hearing fans wanting a change can be a plus in a recruit, just ask Bubba's recruits.

• Upvote 1

They also see on tv how bad this program plays. Hearing fans wanting a change can be a plus in a recruit, just ask Bubba's recruits.

I know people on this site like to pump up Bubba's recruiting, but most if not all of the Minnesota commitments he has gotten so far he either beat out D2's for the kid or UND was his only offer. Not saying they won't be good players, but they weren't heavily recruited.