SiouxSports.com Forum

Goaltender

PhillySioux

Who's in the pipes through Boston?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who's in the pipes through Boston?

• Brandt
    • Parise
    • Rotation
    • Doesn't Matter

I disagree. Brandt plays (starts) from here on out. Parise sees time only if Brandt significantly falters. Brandt needs to play vs. Holy Cross for the simple reason of getting him focused for the rest of the tournament. My opinion is that Jake struggled vs. the Gophers because he had to watch the AA game.

I disagree. Brandt plays (starts) from here on out. Parise sees time only if Brandt significantly falters. Brandt needs to play vs. Holy Cross for the simple reason of getting him focused for the rest of the tournament. My opinion is that Jake struggled vs. the Gophers because he had to watch the AA game.

I agree Brandt plays out the string. It's four games only.

You have to stick with one goaltender at this point of the year and roll with him all the way to the championship!

Brandt is my choice!

I would normally agree, but the reason why I said JPar vs Holy Cross was for the sole purpose of giving JPar valuable tourney experience for when Brandt graduates. I do realize that Brandt is only a junior and there is always next season, but with Lammy coming in, who knows.

Oh well. I'm not Blais so, just my opinion.

Listened to final CC coaches show on the radio tonight and they rehashed Final 5 and previewed upcoming regional. CC radio announcer commented on how all 5 of Minnesota's goals were up high. Said he was walking back to the hotel with Lucia and he asked him what was up with that. Mullet Boy responded that "Brandt flops all over the place". Both then proceeded to say that UND has great forwards but "you never know with their goaltending".

The funny part was when they were talking about next year, they were saying how happy they were with their goaltending and only UND had two goalies with better GA.

It still surprises me that UND goalies get no respect. Maybe a NC will change that ;)

I would normally agree, but the reason why I said JPar vs Holy Cross was for the sole purpose of giving JPar valuable tourney experience for when Brandt graduates. I do realize that Brandt is only a junior and there is always next season, but with Lammy coming in, who knows.

Oh well. I'm not Blais so, just my opinion.

I don't think you want to play Parise so that he's ready for next year. It's about this year (we may not go next year) and one goalie needs to play all the way through. However, I do believe that Parise got some good experience playing in the Final Five.

Who knows? I don't even think Blais knows at this point. My guess would be he'll see how they play in practice and then decide.

The safe choice would probably be to go with Brandt but J Parise has played well and looks just as good as Brandt in games. Whoever Blais decides to go with it wouldn't be the end of our season if Brandt or J Parise let in 3 goals in the opening of a game because you have the other goalie to come in and the fire power to put up 5 or 6 goals a game if need be.

I think its Jpar on Friday. Brandt on Saturday.

Reasons:

* Jpar is good stopping the first shot and HC won't get any (many) rebounds.

* Brandt stoned Denver the last time we played them. Would like

him to be fresh on Saturday.

I agree with this. JPar in the first game. Brandt in the second and subsequent games if he plays well.

On Brandt, I thought he spent way too much time on the ice during the Gopher game. He made some nice saves, but it seemed to me that he dropped to the ice too soon and allowed the Gophers to skate around him for an easy angle goal a few times. The "wrap around" game winner was a super-softy too.

Of course, turning the puck over deep in our zone is just friggin' wrong. You can't win games against strong opponants doing that crap.

Listened to final CC coaches show on the radio tonight and they rehashed Final 5 and previewed upcoming regional. CC radio announcer commented on how all 5 of Minnesota's goals were up high. Said he was walking back to the hotel with Lucia and he asked him what was up with that. Mullet Boy responded that "Brandt flops all over the place". Both then proceeded to say that UND has great forwards but "you never know with their goaltending."

Either something was lost in translation or their was a bit of group insanity going on there, because none of MN's goals were your classic top-shelf goal.

1. Irmen - Back-door PP - put in the open net. Nochance for JB.

2. Waibel rebound - skate around prone Brandt and slide in open net.

3. Vanek - skate giveaway around diving Brandt and basically into open net.

4. Riddle - 5-hole rebound.

5. Potulny - wrap-around (5-hole).

Farce,

Wasn't it JPar who basically stole the point from Denver in the Saturday game at REA? My recollection is that Denver turned it on in the third when the Sioux finally got complacent after kicking Pioneer butt all year long, and JPar made a bunch of huge saves.

If the JB from last year's playoffs and this years UMD road series is available, I choose him for UND's goaltender.

Listened to final CC coaches show on the radio tonight and they rehashed Final 5 and previewed upcoming regional.  CC radio announcer commented on how all 5 of Minnesota's goals were up high.  Said he was walking back to the hotel with Lucia and he asked him what was up with that.  Mullet Boy responded that "Brandt flops all over the place".

All five goals up high? Was that person watching the same game I was?

Let's see:

Goal 1 - Irmen scores on PP on cross ice pass from Guyer, slides puck in on the ice.

Goal 2 - Waibel walks around sprawling Brandt and scores; puck stays on the ice.

Goal 3 - Vanek walks around sprawling Brandt and scores; puck stays on the ice.

Goal 5 - Potulny steps from behind the net and banks in shot off Brandt's pad; puck stays on the ice.

Agreed that Brandt has a tendency to flop, but to comment about how all five goals were scored up high is ridiculous.

Edit: sorry, jk beat me to the punch!

After accurately predicting the goaltending line up for the WCHA, I thought I better try it again.

I'd say its Brandt all the way, unless its the 3rd period and the game is 7-1. Then we'll see Jordan.

I would have guessed the Alaska game score correctly if UND hadn't missed the empty net twice at the end of the 3rd period.

After accurately predicting the goaltending line up for the WCHA, I thought I better try it again.

I'd say its Brandt all the way, unless its the 3rd period and the game is 7-1. Then we'll see Jordan.

I would have guessed the Alaska game score correctly if UND hadn't missed the empty net twice at the end of the 3rd period.

Me too...if the Sioux had scored three more goals and UAA one less. :lol:

Farce,

Wasn't it JPar who basically stole the point from Denver in the Saturday game at REA? My recollection is that Denver turned it on in the third when the Sioux finally got complacent after kicking Pioneer butt all year long, and JPar made a bunch of huge saves.

If the JB from last year's playoffs and this years UMD road series is available, I choose him for UND's goaltender.

OOPS!

There's two things about getting old that I hate. One is my memory is going, and ... and ... I forgot the other.

Jordan played both games vs. DU at the Ralph in January, and stole the Saturday point with excellent 'tending.

That said, I still think its Jordan Friday and Jake Saturday.

Here's a Sioux fan that would like to see Parise in the net against HC and then if he plays well put him in against Miami or Denver (if he plays well the Sioux shouldn't lose). Then I'm thinking in the frozen four put Brandt in there against Duluth or Minnesota, and he'll win that game, and stand on his head in the championship game 3-2 win over Maine. :lol: