SiouxSports.com Forum

Goaltender

PhillySioux

Who's in the pipes through Boston?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who's in the pipes through Boston?

• Brandt
    • Parise
    • Rotation
    • Doesn't Matter

After accurately predicting the goaltending line up for the WCHA, I thought I better try it again.

I'd say its Brandt all the way, unless its the 3rd period and the game is 7-1. Then we'll see Jordan.

I would have guessed the Alaska game score correctly if UND hadn't missed the empty net twice at the end of the 3rd period.

Ok, what facts do you have to suggest that Brandt should play on Friday? Just wondering. Brandt Flopped all over the ice on Saturday and Brandt would be the last person I want to see in Net flopping all over the ice like a musky our of water. On the other hand Jordan except for the need less check in the corner played great. Come on Folks. I am betting Jordan plays on Friday.

I would normally agree, but the reason why I said JPar vs Holy Cross was for the sole purpose of giving JPar valuable tourney experience for when Brandt graduates.

Just food for thought. After winning last year's NC, Weber said that playing behind Hauser the year before prepared him for 2003. In my view, you ride your number 1 goalie to the promised land. I think the only exception is if he is just really playing lousy. Brandt made most of the stops he was supposed to last weekend. If I recall correctly, most of the goals came from around the crease. The goal by Vanek is nothing to feel bad about. Goal scorers score big goals in big games...like Bochenski did against Briggs.

First, yes the goals scored were on the ice, not up high. Second, Brandt went down earlier than usual against MN earlier this year and that worked out well. Stick with Brandt, he got us the points to be WCHA champs and floundered behind sloppy defense to lose the Broadmoor, he will not flounder again. Give him the chance to take us all the way. I would like to see him go the distance, starting on Friday so he can maybe get into a rhythm, but seeing JPar to keep him fresh wouldn't surprise me either.

I would agree that no matter who starts, if we lose, that goalie will get blamed, but that is one of the downsides to being the goalie.

QUOTE (NDFAN @ Mar 24 2004, 01:44 PM)

After accurately predicting the goaltending line up for the WCHA, I thought I better try it again.

I'd say its Brandt all the way, unless its the 3rd period and the game is 7-1. Then we'll see Jordan.

I would have guessed the Alaska game score correctly if UND hadn't missed the empty net twice at the end of the 3rd period.

Ok, what facts do you have to suggest that Brandt should play on Friday? Just wondering. Brandt Flopped all over the ice on Saturday and Brandt would be the last person I want to see in Net flopping all over the ice like a musky our of water. On the other hand Jordan except for the need less check in the corner played great. Come on Folks. I am betting Jordan plays on Friday.

You could be right! I was just offering my opinion. I don't dislike JPar. I think Jake is sharper in the net on Saturday night after playing Friday. Just my opinion.

Only THE DEAN knows !!!!!!!!! :lol:

I also think that could change a few times before the puck drops on Friday. I think the key game is not Friday but the Saturday game. If UND plays it game on Friday the rest will fall into place. I like Hales attitude. Ryan is looking at this as we have four more game and he doesn't want to go out on a loss. I like that kind of Leadership.

Colorado Springs paper today reports that JPar gets the start tonight.

Cover story on what a nice guy Zach Parise is and an article on Sioux goaltenders. Denver article focused on Denver's seniors, Holy Cross on historic season making the tourney for the first time, and Miami on a kid who lost his father in January that has become the inspiration for the team.

Colorado Springs paper today reports that JPar gets the start tonight.

Cover story on what a nice guy Zach Parise is and an article on Sioux goaltenders. Denver article focused on Denver's seniors, Holy Cross on historic season making the tourney for the first time, and Miami on a kid who lost his father in January that has become the inspiration for the team.

Jordon with the shutout his second of the season.

"North Dakota coach Dean Blais indicated Parise would start on Saturday."

I must have missed that on the post game interview while listening to the radio. Wait, must have come up during the medai interview with the NCAA/media, since Blaiser didn't get on the radio. We all know that can change before game time.

JPAR all the way to Boston. I think if he continues to play like he did yesterday the role is his to lose. We need a goaltender we can rally around and go all the way. Brandt does has a tendency to flop and Minnesota exploited it last weekend. With his shacky performance Blias went to JPAR. He played a solid game and gave up only a few rebounds. He save from point blank where he kept his feet, came out a little, and made the kick save to the corner was incredible. I belive when jake is on his game he is a better goaltender but i do believe that JPAR is by far a more consistent goaltender. Also when you talk about playoff runs you talk about the goalie that makes the unexpected save and jumpstarts the team, JPAR your my man.

In GF JPar did a great job, and saved our bacon on Saturday night. He has nights where he's better and worse, but considering how he played against AA in the FF and against HC yesterday my friend and I thought it might be tough not to play him again tonite.