SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to Summit/MVFC

UND92,96

4 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I'm just curious; why do you believe the Big Sky Conference to be better than the MVFC for UND? 

I just like it better.  I like the road trips better.  I think unique isn't the worst thing in the world. 

I've said it before, people in Fargo don't care about the MVFC, they care about Jackrabbits, coyotes, and panthers. I just don't think there isn't any reason we cant do the same with Montana, MSU, &EWU. Add in a MVFC OOC game, and I'm more than happy.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bincitysioux said:

So can someone translate the timeline for me?  It says Big Sky would honor football schedules through 2019, but we would not be eligible for conference titles.  Does that mean we could potentially not be allowed to receive the auto bid for two years?

Sounds like the work Bubba has done will be down the toilet.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, ericpnelson said:

I like it better.  I like the road trips better.  I think unique isnt the worst thing in the world. 

I've said it before, peopletc I  Fargo don't care about the MVFC, they care about Jackrabbits, coyotes, and panthers. I just don't think there isn't any reason we cant do the same with Montana, MSU, &EWU. Add in a MVFC OOC game, and I'm more than happy.

This.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, FargoBison said:

I don't think ADs are negotiating with conference commissioners at the level Faison is unless it is basically a done deal. Your dream is dead SV....come on down to the Slummit. Where you will enjoy better basketball, more regional opponents, play games people in the region will actually care about and will get to play in a conference tournament in a packed beautiful arena right down the interstate. I know all that must sound horrible but you will have to deal with it.

No doubt the Slummit would offer us.  But the MVFC doesn't want 11 schools and NDSU doesn't want to play us.

This move by Faison will prove that the MVFC won't play ball with us.  The MVFC has to accept us or else the Slummit bid is rejected.  Or else football must be homeless.  The only saving grace will be a realigned WAC with the Montanas and Idaho.  That is the intent of Faison texts.

Just wait and see.

6 minutes ago, ericpnelson said:

I like it better.  I like the road trips better.  I think unique isnt the worst thing in the world. 

I've said it before, peopletc I  Fargo don't care about the MVFC, they care about Jackrabbits, coyotes, and panthers. I just don't think there isn't any reason we cant do the same with Montana, MSU, &EWU. Add in a MVFC OOC game, and I'm more than happy.

For folks like me who live in North Dakota, I like the practicality of trips to Fargo, Brookings, Vermillion, and Sioux Falls. I think this will resonate with fans and build better attendance and fan interest for local fans in Grand Forks. It's tough to get a lot of people from GF out to Missoula, Bozeman, and Cheney on a regular basis. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Sounds like the work Bubba has done will be down the toilet.

That's ridiculous. Bubba likely gave this recommendation. He's a fan of the MVFC and the regional schools. If UND can't compete with MVFC teams, they'll never advance in the postseason anyways. To be the best, you have to beat the best. UND football will be better for this. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, UND-FB-FAN said:

C'mon now, be nice.

I can try but I don't get why people are upset. This conference combo is an ideal fit, your school will save money and in the process join a better league. The Big Sky is a nice football league but I don't see the appeal for other sports. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

For folks like me who live in North Dakota, I like the practicality of trips to Fargo, Brookings, Vermillion, and Sioux Falls. I think this will resonate with fans and better build attendance and fan interest for local fans in Grand Forks. It's tough to get a lot of people from GF out to Missoula, Bozeman, and Cheney on a regular basis. 

That's fair.  I hear stated it as my preference. I still live in ND, btw if you count Williston as ND, haha. I think the distance between Bozeman and Brookings is the same for me, I would just rather go to Bozeman

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

No doubt the Slummit would offer us.  But the MVFC doesn't want 11 schools and NDSU doesn't want to play us.

This move by Faison will prove that the MVFC won't play ball with us.  The MVFC has to accept us or else the Slummit bid is rejected.  The only saving grace will be a realigned WAC with the Montanas and Idaho

Just wait and see.

I always thought the MVFC wouldn't budge but that stuff from Patty V seems like I was wrong and they are willing to play ball with UND. 

I know this is probably early on, and we are working with very little info, but they wouldn't effectively force the football program to play as an independent for two seasons right?

If the Big Sky will honor the schedule, it wouldn't be truly independent.  But it would stink to not have a chance at the auto-bid and to hang a banner for two seasons.

1 minute ago, mksioux said:

If the Big Sky will honor the schedule, it wouldn't be truly independent.  But it would stink to not have a chance at the auto-bid and to hang a banner for two seasons.

Honoring the Schedule is great of course, but no access to the auto bid would be seriously detrimental IMO.........

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

AD's don't negotiate conference changes.  Presidents do.  The Commissioners don't make any decisions.  Presidents do.

This is a BS article and a ploy to make a WAC change.

AD's don't go rogue and go deep into conversations with other conferences or buy-out clauses with their current conference without the sign-off of the President.

• Upvote 2

Honoring the Schedule is great of course, but no access to the auto bid would be seriously detrimental IMO.........

Perhaps, but if UND wins enough games that they would have otherwise been eligible for the auto-bid, they'd probably be selected as an at-large team. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

The auto bid is pretty trivial in my opinion. Just look at last year's SUU team; they won the BSC and received the auto bid and yet played on the road in the 1st round of the playoffs. On the other hand, the 2015 Portland State team didn't win the conference yet they were seeded, received a bye, and a home playoff game. Making the playoffs is more about putting together a good winning resume than it is about winning the conference. Having the preexisting conference schedule would be a very significant component of the conference realignment in that is prevents the largest hurdle of a true independent: scheduling. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

AD's don't negotiate conference changes.  Presidents do.  The Commissioners don't make any decisions.  Presidents do.

This is a BS article and a ploy to make a WAC change.

And what makes you think Kennedy didn't give Faison the job of negotiating the conference change? Kennedy probably figures Faison is better equipped to negotiate such a move because he has been around longer and knows most of the people involved. Good Presidents delegate tasks to people better equipped to tackle them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

This move by Faison will prove that the MVFC won't play ball with us.  The MVFC has to accept us or else the Slummit bid is rejected.  Or else football must be homeless.  The only saving grace will be a realigned WAC with the Montanas and Idaho.  That is the intent of Faison texts.

Just wait and see.

:lol::lol: