SiouxSports.com Forum

USD welcome back to the Alerus

SENDSIOUX

6 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

sd4ever

"That is pretty much to be expected from the arrogant inhabitants of The Great Waste! I would give a lot to have the Yotes knock the snot out of them Saturday. UND has lucked out too many times against The Good Guys!

Go SD!"

Read more: http://usdcoyotesports.proboards.com/thread/1785/university-north-dakota?page=1#ixzz4KAtptknU

Ha... 

60-29-5 all-time for UND. 53-24-3 in NCC play for UND.  21 wins in last 25 for UND, 3-1 UND in FCS, oh and the yotes haven't won in GF since '85 (12 straight wins at home for UND).  According to UND game notes & media guide. 

That's damn lucky... Must have a horseshoe up our a$$ or something.... ;)

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=58640&SPID=6399&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211169107&DB_OEM_ID=13500

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Can you tell the guy on that board that thinks they will score 45 on us, that I'd like to bet my house on that.....as long as he has a comparable house to offer up.  They are not scoring 45 on us, no way. 

That is Delusional  Even the all world QB from MSU couldn't score 45 on us last year.  lol

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Can you tell the guy on that board that thinks they will score 45 on us, that I'd like to bet my house on that.....as long as he has a comparable house to offer up.  They are not scoring 45 on us, no way. 

Lol 45 points....holy sh&@ my side hurts!!!  If bubba spots them 28 then maybe 

1 hour ago, UND-1 said:

Like I said before, every year.  

One of their posters said this game used to decide the NCC championship!   Wut?   Only one team was winning NCC championships in the 90s and 2000s.  (Although I did see they contended twice in 2000s..my bad)

Well in a way it did because every year USD would lose 4 conference games (SU, SDSU, Omaha and UND). 

• Upvote 1

Regardless of talent, record, coach or conference this game is always competive and close and I'm expecting the same this weekend.   They will not drop 40 points or have more then 150 yards rushing. As I noted earlier their run d is giving up 294.0 ypg at 7.1 ave.   Unds offense should have a field day, sustaining long drives and dominate the T.O.P.  Early prediction stat line for usd: 42 carries 123 yards 1 td and 220 yards and 1- 2tds through the air  17-27 points 

17 hours ago, PATRIOT said:

Can't wait to see the Gameday atmosphere at the Alerus!

I'll be in the game worn #16

image.jpeg

Frickers Sports Bar in Bowling Green?  It wasn't too bad in there.  A Bowling Green fan said normally they don't have that much representation from the other team.  It was a good showing.  Mason Bennet had 40 people there himself.  Reyes had 20 or so family and friends there.  Chris Carter had family there, too.  It was fun talking with those families. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

The USD quarterback is the type of player that can carry a team.  He's really good.  We need to make him miserable and his team will follow that lead, being miserable.  I have a lot of concern about a player like that.  

I know I've already had a few posts about it but he's the player on their team that really worries me. Kind of like Zach Miller from UNO....

On 9/13/2016 at 2:59 PM, geaux_sioux said:

They're kind of like us on offense except their QB is bigger faster and stronger than Studs but can't throw as well. Oh, and no all american RB.

There you go.  USD QB is bigger, faster, stronger than Studsrud.  His highlight throws were good........

USD's QB is a former Gopher commit. I know we talk about minimizing FBS transfers and such, but taking a few FBS drop-downs from local teams (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, etc.) probably is not a bad idea. I understand the importance of player development, but if you can acquire Big 10 level talent, it may be worth a shot.

I found this post interesting.  Damn near cancelled my room in GF for sat and give my tickets away.  then I read the last sentence and felt like I can change the trip to GF for the game.:D

Sep 13, 2016 at 9:06pm

Post by Yotes on Sep 13, 2016 at 9:06pm

Comparing common opponents from 2015 and this 2016 Weber State team paints a favorable picture for USD:

USD 52 vs Drake 0 - UND 21 vs Drake 18
USD 24 at NDSU 21 - UND 9 at NDSU 34 (a game in which UND had 4 yards of rushing and 57 yards passing)
USD 27 at UC Davis 17 - UND 31 vs UC Davis 24
USD 52 vs Weber State 49 - UND 24 at Weber State 25

While the transitive property doesn't exactly apply to football it's hard to ignore how much better USD has fared against these recent common opponents.

Not sure how much value this holds as we transcend eras, but UND has won 12 straight games against USD in Grand Forks. Last time USD won there was in 1985. We also are a couple coaches removed from our last game with UND as the last matchup was in 2011 during Meierkort's last season. So yeah, it's been a little while since these teams have faced each other.

Read more: http://usdcoyotesports.proboards.com/thread/1782/weber-state#ixzz4KMA4RD9S

3 hours ago, Kab said:

So kfgo has the radio contract for football

why are they covering the bison game in the morning and then Joel is flying back to cover the Sioux game

its pregame from iowa

why not the Sioux pregame only

They are an affiliate station group on the network.  They can carry the game, do additional programming as they choose. Like they do with their Tailgating Show and Rewind Show, but they are also a Fargo station and have listeners from both sides and they probably will try cater to all listeners.(that's just smart business)  If you've listened to that station group lately it's like 85% UND coverage and 15% NDSU.  Actually, I've been somewhat surprised how"all in" they have been for being just an affiliate station in Fargo,   It's a credit to them how they have really upped their coverage of UND since being awarded an affiliate coverage.  As a person that listens a lot, I've been pretty impressed and appreciative so far.

• Upvote 3