SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

7 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Only in Fargo will the logo appear, as the Fighting Sioux forever crowd (including the REA) can celebrate their denial of the new logo/name, it's pretty bad on the REA's Facebook page. Lots of logo bashing on there even though the next banner raised will have the Hawks logo on it no matter how much they bitch and moan.

Settle down Siouxfornever.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Actually, the REA did a little bit of equine CPR yesterday and brought the old nag back to life.  Tweeting those pictures not only sans logo but with the interlocking ND right overhead was a deliberate poke in UND's eye and elicited an entirely predictable response from fans on both sides.

What I want to know is, where are the grown ups in all of this?

This^^^^^^

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

That's pretty much how the Fighting Sioux Forever, anti Hawk crowd acts when they see that little bird somewhere in their presicous cathedral of the REA. They !@#$ themselves when the jerseys came out, think what happens when UND takes control of the building. They will torch the place if they see a Hawk on the side of the REA. 

I finally figured you out! You are my mother inlaw!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, streetsahead said:

I finally gave in and picked up this 1/4 zip at the Sioux Shop the other day along with this sweatshirt for my wife.  If the players can wear it, so can we.  Go Hawks.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Top one:  NOPE.

Bottom one:  Ditch the UND and make it NORTH DAKOTA or just make the hawk ND bigger.  Oh, and the N and D need to be OUTLINED IN WHITE!

3 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Are we destined to do this forever? (Dark Knight ref) 

Thanks Kelley. 

He'll form a committee to pose that question to another committee...........................................................

4 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Actually, the REA did a little bit of equine CPR yesterday and brought the old nag back to life.  Tweeting those pictures not only sans logo but with the interlocking ND right overhead was a deliberate poke in UND's eye and elicited an entirely predictable response from fans on both sides.

What I want to know is, where are the grown ups in all of this?

Many of the posts on the REA Facebook page from the offseason are pics of UND players in the Sioux jersey from 5+ years ago.  The are perpetuating the problem.  I am not saying that we have to completely forget everything about UND being the Fighting Sioux (Kind of impossible if you walk into the Ralph).  But by posting pictures players in the old logo, they are going against what the University is trying to do with their brand campaign to promoth the Fighting Hawks name and logo.  UND does not own the Ralph, and the Ralph doesn't have to do everything UND says.  But they still need to work together to do what is best for UND hockey and the University in general.  And promoting the Fighting Hawks logo is a great way to do that.  

• Like 2
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Many of the posts on the REA Facebook page from the offseason are pics of UND players in the Sioux jersey from 5+ years ago.  The are perpetuating the problem.  I am not saying that we have to completely forget everything about UND being the Fighting Sioux (Kind of impossible if you walk into the Ralph).  But by posting pictures players in the old logo, they are going against what the University is trying to do with their brand campaign to promoth the Fighting Hawks name and logo.  UND does not own the Ralph, and the Ralph doesn't have to do everything UND says.  But they still need to work together to do what is best for UND hockey and the University in general.  And promoting the Fighting Hawks logo is a great way to do that.  

See Alerus Center

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, northernraider said:

"Starting in 2012, with the nickname controversy we are all too familiar with, that became a part of a national conversation of racial nicknames."

I guess you can't really blame current UND students for not knowing when all this controversy started.  Heck, when the NCAA "hostile and abusive" list came out, current UND students were barely in grade school!!  Unfortunately, the history of the entire controversy has been drawn out so long (even from just since 2005) that most have forgotten the details.  

• Upvote 1

2012?
2012 started the controversy?
No, August 5, 2005 (NCAA action).
No, December 2000 (Ralph's letter).
No, 1993 (different jerseys under Baker).
No, circa 1987 (Ralph controversies).
No, circa 1973 (homecoming parade float).

Dear UND students of today: 
There is a 21st century today because there was a 20th century before it. ;):)  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

2012?
2012 started the controversy?
No, August 5, 2005 (NCAA action).
No, December 2000 (Ralph's letter).
No, 1993 (different jerseys under Baker).
No, circa 1987 (Ralph controversies).
No, circa 1973 (homecoming parade float).

Dear UND students of today: 
There is a 21st century today because there was a 20th century before it. ;):)  

Tell us about the 1973 parade float...never heard about that one.

The rebrand... well I am seeing more and more UND signs down here in the Twin Cities, so I think its money well spend so far (with their new Leaders in Action slogan)

The whining about new golf carts is comical, I mean what is UND going to do, not touch the money?  

The whole "UND can't spend any money to advertise (non-logo related) and stuff to actually improve the university" needs to stop.  Its getting old. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Tell us about the 1973 parade float...never heard about that one.

< vague recollections of things read long ago > 

Wasn't there a float in a parade in that era that was deemed derogatory toward Native American women?