SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 NHL Draft JUNE 24/25 - All NODAK edition

AZSIOUX

The NHL Draft is set for June 24/25 In Buffalo for current, incoming and commited und recruits/players.

JOST interview 

Jost had a few und mentions today. He and Mattson are at the combine this weekend. They did testing today. Interviews yesterday I believe. If missed anyone please add.

For sure draft picks 

Tyson Jost (F) St Albert Alberta CA - top 15, top 10-12 lately in mock drafts/rankings 

Mitchell Mattson (F) Grand Rapids MN - 2-4th rounder possibly 

Possible draft picks 

Matt Kiersted (D) Elk River MN

Peter Thome (G) Minneapolis MN

Collin Adams (F) Brighton MI

Ludvig Hoff (F) Oslo Norway 

Nicholas Jones (F) Edmonton Alberta CA

Christian Evers (D) Waukee IA

Rhett Gardner (F) Moose Jaw Sask CA current player 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Doesn't Colorado like the college route?

I'm not real knowledgeable about it, but I believe Mike Chambers of the Denver post has had articles on their lack of college players compared to other nhl teams. 

Found it:  http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/15/nhl-draft-do-the-avs-have-a-bias-against-ncaa-development-model/ 

27 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Does Vancouver getting a defenseman instead of Dubois put pressure on Brock?  or an opportunity for Drake?

Huh? Drake? He signed with the oilers. Brock and Tyson will tear up the nchc 

congrats to Tyson wow top 10! 

1 hour ago, farce poobah said:

As long as its draft night, a nice historical view:

http://collegehockeyinc.com/pages/first-round-nhl-draft-picks

Most surprising to me is that DU has only 3 first round draft picks.   I'd have expected a lot more. 

Second most surprising is that SCSU has none.   But that might change tonight.

Haha and after posting this, a Denver commit gets drafted 23rd overall.

1 hour ago, farce poobah said:

Second most surprising is that SCSU has none.   But that might change tonight.

From the SCSU website:

SCSU recruit Dennis Cholowski was drafted by Detroit #20 in the first round. He is the first Husky to be selected in the first round of the NHL draft.

13 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Haha and after posting this, a Denver commit gets drafted 23rd overall.

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

From the SCSU website:

SCSU recruit Dennis Cholowski was drafted by Detroit #20 in the first round. He is the first Husky to be selected in the first round of the NHL draft.

Now UMD bags their 3rd-ever first rounder. (Riley Tufte, Mr Hockey MN this year.)

Pretty good night for the NCHC.  Assuming, that is, that the clubs that picked guys give them time to develop in college.

2 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

So Wisconsin ends up having 2 players selected in the first round in current player Luke Kunin and now incoming player Trent Frederic at #29. Of course it was Boston going off the board with the pick.

No Badger first-rounders since 2008.   Then Wisconsin changes coaches and has two.  Hmmm. 

• Upvote 1

“Right now I see myself playing one or two years at North Dakota. My ultimate goal, the reason I went to school was to develop as a player and ultimately get to the NHL and win a Stanley Cup. That’s the main reason I chose North Dakota is because they put players in the NHL and that’s my goal. If I work on a few details in my game and get bigger and stronger, I figure one or two years.”

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/24/tyson-jost-colorado-avalanche-2016-nhl-draft/