SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Quinnipiac - NCAA national championship edition

AZSIOUX

43 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Simple math sequences say UND will win, but it will be close.

6-2 over Northeastern

5-2 over Michigan 

4-2 over Denver

So the score shall be 3-2 over Quinnipiac

Quinnipiac scores also get closer as they go along

4-0 over Harvard +4

4-1 over Lowell +3

3-2 over BC +1

The trend is for Q to be at 0 or -1 for the championship game.

3-2 UND in ot

The math checks out... I'll allow it

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Fedorov said:

This is a huge game due to living in CT now.  If I could describe the hype out here, it would be...crickets.  :silly:

Fellow CT guy, and 1,000,000,00% agree hahaha everyones too focused on UConn women winning the 'ship.....as if that was a surprise??? 

Grand Forks>Hamden. 

• Upvote 1

I think they wore the blacks a couple times early this season during the super long road series.

As for replacing LJ, I think it'll be Wilkie or Wolanin.  Yes, St clair is a senior and provides a ton of energy when he's in the line up.  I really like what he brings to the table. But he also only played two or three games after coming back from injury.  Even if he is completely healthy, he's had minimal game time in the past 12 months.  It'd be different if he'd been in the line up since getting cleared to play.

1 hour ago, Fedorov said:

This is a huge game due to living in CT now.  If I could describe the hype out here, it would be...crickets.  :silly:

Snapchat has a national frozen four section....it basically looked like riots on the q campus last night.

• Upvote 1

I can't think of classy way that Melrose or Bucci say how a UND player working his way past Sam Anas...
(Bucci and Melrose with their past with pronunciation, a la Ca-jewel-ia, don't think for a second they won't pronounce Anas like you want them too)
....like what do they say? Caggiula forces his way past Anas? Stetcher tricks Anas? Poganski muscles his way through Anas? C'mon.....that's a protest waiting to happen

13 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

We played pretty poorly with the game tied last night.... until about 56 seconds left :)

First period both teams look pretty rough. First 7 minutes of the second we came out on fire. Then I felt like we were a completely different team from the time we went up 2-0 to a little bit after Denver tied it up. That was the most I had seen our guys chip the puck off the glass and ice the puck all season. 

• Upvote 1

After rewatching the QU vs BC game one thing I noticed was that garteig comes out and challenges a lot. Now I know that can be a good thing for a goalie to do to get "big" in the net but it looked like to me he almost comes out to far and leaves the back door wide open.  Did anyone else think that? 

3 hours ago, TrueSioux2000 said:

I can't think of classy way that Melrose or Bucci say how a UND player working his way past Sam Anas...
(Bucci and Melrose with their past with pronunciation, a la Ca-jewel-ia, don't think for a second they won't pronounce Anas like you want them too)
....like what do they say? Caggiula forces his way past Anas? Stetcher tricks Anas? Poganski muscles his way through Anas? C'mon.....that's a protest waiting to happen

I'm personally hoping for..."losing in the title game is hard for anas to take"

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, burd said:

I've been a Sioux hockey fan (a hockey fan in general) for a long, long time, and perhaps because of my age I don't get too bent out of shape by these games.  But I had a short, strange dream that woke me up this morning.  It wasn't about hockey or UND or about anything, really--just a thing.   An eightball.  A black eightball. 

I had a dream I was rolling dice and rolled a 6 and a 2. 6+2=8 haha jk

My daughter and I hung out downtown yesterday taking in the local flavor and then went to the autograph session. What struck me was how loose most of the guys were......especially Cam. If he plays like he did Thursday the drought comes to an end.

#Camcan

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Up in Tampa. By pool with a coffee and the local paper. High of 80 on the way. A crack at a Natty tonight. Gonna be a great day for the University of North Dakota.

"Can't wait"!

"Hey NorthDakotaHockey, hold my beer and Sioux jersey and watch THIS!"

tumblr_m1om90viMl1qdlh1io1_400.gif

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, burd said:

I've been a Sioux hockey fan (a hockey fan in general) for a long, long time, and perhaps because of my age I don't get too bent out of shape by these games.  But I had a short, strange dream that woke me up this morning.  It wasn't about hockey or UND or about anything, really--just a thing.   An eightball.  A black eightball. 

So the Sioux are going to win their 8th national title in their black jerseys? I can live with that!

• Upvote 2

Watched this last night. Man was that a good game. Haven't watched it since it was played. Kinda forgot how good we were, Karl especially.  I also miss the hitting we used to do but the game has changed. My biggest take away from watching this was how fast and hard we always played. Tonight we need that type of fire and attack aditude. 

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Watched this last night. Man was that a good game. Haven't watched it since it was played. Kinda forgot how good we were, Karl especially.  I also miss the hitting we used to do but the game has changed. My biggest take away from watching this was how fast and hard we always played. Tonight we need that type of fire and attack aditude. 

I think that the refs for tonight's game will have a lot to do with how hard this game can be played.  Knowing UND's luck, we get Todd Anderson tonight.  Hope I am wrong.  If UND can play the way they did in Cincinnati, they are going to be just fine.  If the refs make this a non hard check game, UND will be in for a tougher game. 

18 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I haven't re watched it since that night.  My recollection is that Panzer was everywhere, setting up chances left and right.  It'll be interesting to see if that holds up to a new viewing.