SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Quinnipiac - NCAA national championship edition

AZSIOUX

48 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Watched this last night. Man was that a good game. Haven't watched it since it was played. Kinda forgot how good we were, Karl especially.  I also miss the hitting we used to do but the game has changed. My biggest take away from watching this was how fast and hard we always played. Tonight we need that type of fire and attack aditude. 

Just watched the first period. For a 0-0 finish it was really exciting play. 

29 minutes ago, jk said:

I haven't re watched it since that night.  My recollection is that Panzer was everywhere, setting up chances left and right.  It'll be interesting to see if that holds up to a new viewing.

My recollection was that Karl misplayed the puck behind the net setting up the first BC goal.  Unfortunate, but it happens.  And one could argue that goal made the difference in the game, but it really didn't.  We couldn't score 5x5 on that team, and needed extra attackers to get it done.  If the score is 1-0 in the third (instead of 2-0 as it was), Blais would have still needed to pull the goalie to get it to OT.  (My opinion).  And Kolanos in OT made quite the move, and Karl missed his poke check. It was an exciting game to watch.