SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Northeastern - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Just now, bigskyvikes said:

Lol, I can't believe you're serious...

At the Target Center they only had 3 man shoveling crews. They only shoveled from the dots down. Their shovels were full after 1 trip across the ice. Soft ice. I don't know if you get to games at the Ralph or not,but it has been an issue the last two years. Tumbling, rolling pucks that won't lay down are a sign of soft ice. It seemed better the end of the season. Last year and early this season was bad. In my opinion the building is too warm. Noticeably warmer than previous years. I think the new types of freon they have to use now are part of it, the new stuff isn't as cold as the old. Again,ask Schlossman or the players. UND or the Ralph certainly aren't going to admit it.

3 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

At the Target Center they only had 3 man shoveling crews. They only shoveled from the dots down. Their shovels were full after 1 trip across the ice. Soft ice. I don't know if you get to games at the Ralph or not,but it has been an issue the last two years. Tumbling, rolling pucks that won't lay down are a sign of soft ice. It seemed better the end of the season. Last year and early this season was bad. In my opinion the building is too warm. Noticeably warmer than previous years. I think the new types of freon they have to use now are part of it, the new stuff isn't as cold as the old. Again,ask Schlossman or the players. UND or the Ralph certainly aren't going to admit it.

OK, I was in the negotiating room for Bobcat of GF to clean the ice. I can guarantee you it was NOT the REA trying find someone to clean the ice. It was a company that paid a ton of money to get to shovel the ice. It happens at every NHL game and it is a money maker, not an indicator of "soft ice"...

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

OK, I was in the negotiating room for Bobcat of GF to clean the ice. I can guarantee you it was NOT the REA trying find someone to clean the ice. It was a company that paid a ton of money to get to shovel the ice. It happens at every NHL game and it is a money maker, not an indicator of "soft ice"...

Nice story. What it has to do with the bad ice at the Ralph the last 2 years,I don't know.

31 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

Do ya think? Why do you get a lot of snow on the ice? Soft ice.

I'd say it's not that soft. Ice looked pretty good. There wasn't a lot of bouncing pucks. 

34 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Goon, Goon, Goon.....

Yessssss. 

2 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

Nice story. What it has to do with the bad ice at the Ralph the last 2 years,I don't know.

Well OK, you said the ice shovelers are there because of "bad ice" I said they are there because of big league marketing, sorry but you're wrong. I'm done.

Let's get a Best Ice in the NCHC award going...UND near the bottom. That leaves 4 teams at least with better ice. Even though UND had (one of the most) recent Cooling system in place (before the REA had the cooling system replaced it musta been damn near liquid water)?

UNO#1

Du 2

Cloud 3

Duluth 4

?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Let's get a Best Ice in the NCHC award going...UND near the bottom. That leaves 4 teams at least with better ice. Even though UND had (the most) recent Cooling system in place?

UNO#1

Du 2

Cloud 3

Duluth 4

?

Lol, this is silly. Only the most, or one of the most, state of the art rink in hockey. Softer the ice, to a point the faster it is though. Fine line there....

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Lol, this is silly. Only the most, or one of the most, state of the art rink in hockey. Softer the ice, to a point the faster it is though. Fine line there....

Pretty subjective objective. Sometimes I wonder if UND fans actually know it's common for the puck to "bounce around" or players fall on any type of ice. Let alone make judgement calls based on tv..:lol:

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Maybe we have sharper skates than anyone else.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, burd said:

I like to think UND fans usually rise above showing that kind of arrogance, crb.  If this tournament hasn't humbled you in the last 15 years, you haven't been paying attention.

I still have nightmares of '11 Michigan game. Thought that was an easy championship. .6, still makes me want to burn Dinkytown to the ground myself.