SiouxSports.com Forum

MSU UND Rivalry aka Bakken/Power Bowl

KWCAT

15 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

The guys close to the Griz program were told they were resting a bunch of players when we took them to the wire in the Alerus.  Griz don't respect our program.....

They don't respect a single FCS program. They think they're the best; they even criticized NDSU's program after they lost to them in the playoffs.

I will probably be taken as a smart ass here, but I don't mean it that way...

You guys should start a series with MSU.  It should be called the "BRAWL OF THE PRAIRIE" - much more permanent than any boom.  The trophy should be a large bronze meadow muffin, an apt counterpoint to the pile o'!@#$ trophy great divide between MSU & UM.  This is where that smart ass factor comes into play, but really, there can be a competitive factor and a sense of humor at the same time - have you looked at the UM/MSU trophy !?

On other notes, while counting your 2016 chickens, watch out for Cal Poly.  And, while some UM fans feel you guys play dirty, I think that is a hangover from what ZooTowners felt were some cheap shots a number of years ago.  The Griz fans I hang out with see you guys as a program on the rise.

I want to see a Big Sky with a high level of play across the board, and one of us being the division champs every year.

5 minutes ago, brootgrizr said:

You guys should start a series with MSU.  It should be called the "BRAWL OF THE PRAIRIE" - much more permanent than any boom.  The trophy should be a large bronze meadow muffin, an apt counterpoint to the pile o'!@#$ trophy great divide between MSU & UM.  This is where that smart ass factor comes into play, but really, there can be a competitive factor and a sense of humor at the same time - have you looked at the UM/MSU trophy !?

On other notes, while counting your 2016 chickens, watch out for Cal Poly.  And, while some UM fans feel you guys play dirty, I think that is a hangover from what ZooTowners felt were some cheap shots a number of years ago.  The Griz fans I hang out with see you guys as a program on the rise.

I want to see a Big Sky with a high level of play across the board, and one of us being the division champs every year.

Great Divide Trophy [ edit ]

This thing? Good lord! Whose bright idea was to design this!

1 hour ago, brootgrizr said:

I do like the idea of a rivalry with MSU. I suppose it is 2 hours closer than UM. Thank you for taking an objective approach in regard to our players being dirty. I may have missed something but it appeared to me that nothing dirty was done against UM, or any other teams for that matter. Also, I am fairly certain our new staff will not tolerate that kind of play.

Next year I am happy we play Poly at the Alerus as they should be a decent team. Even though we don't play UM next year I would say there is a good chance we would meet in the playoffs if we both make the field. Hopefully they do away with regionalization. 

10 minutes ago, dakota said:

Historically, don't these things start with frays?

The Montana State half of the trophy could be Prokup crying at the podium.  And you could take it 2 ways 1) crying after a loss to UND 2) saying farewell to his teammates.  (we need to start a fray, right)