SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS @ UMD Bulldogs - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

UND going for 6 in a row before a 3 week break for the holidays and world juniors for a couple of guys.

7:07 puck drop from amsoil 

***CAM has entered the top 5 in nation in a couple stats

0.947 save % 4th nation 

1.341 GAA% 3rd nation 

***DRAKE 2nd nation 13 goals, 3rd nation pim 46, 3rd nation in points 26. leader at 32.

***NICK 2nd nation 22 assists. Leader at 23. 4th nation points 25.

***BROCK tied for 3rd nation in goals 12. UNH poturalski is leader with 16.

Edited by AZSIOUX
  • Upvote 1

Three more huge points on the line tonight, up for grabs.  Sixty minutes of 100% effort ought to get it done.

GO SIOUX!!!

I was really surprised by the UMD crowd. Lots of empty seats , they weren't very vocal or into the game and an overall lack of atmosphere. Really a shame for a team that good. 

UND had a great turnout with lots of green evident in the stands and the bars. 

Edited by Siouxman

A win tonight would be incredible! This is such a fun team to watch. I was concerned Cam was injured in the third last night. Hopefully it is what people were saying and it was fatigue/dehydration and he can get the fluids and rest he needs to be good to go tonight. 

UND going for 6 in a row before a 3 week break for the holidays and world juniors for a couple of guys.

7:07 puck drop from amsoil 

***CAM has entered the top 5 in nation in a couple stats

0.947 save % 4th nation 

1.341 GAA% 3rd nation 

***DRAKE 2nd nation 13 goals, 3rd nation pim 46, 3rd nation in points 26. leader at 32.

***NICK 2nd nation 22 assists. Leader at 23. 4th nation points 25.

***BROCK tied for 3rd nation in goals 12. UNH poturalski is leader with 16.

Thanks, AZ.  I wonder how CBS ranks with other top lines on plus minus.  

I was really surprised by the UMD crowd. Lots of empty seats , they weren't very vocal or into the game and an overall lack of atmosphere. Really a shame for a team that good. 

Empty seats are annoying but they had zero to cheer about. That will happen when you get shutout

Thanks, AZ.  I wonder how CBS ranks with other top lines on plus minus.  

no prob,guessing they blow any line out of the water. Their plus minus going into the game was absurd. UNH relies on one line but doesn't have near the depth or d core/overall D. You see only the UNH two above the CBS guys in main categories 

Edited by AZSIOUX

Empty seats are annoying but they had zero to cheer about. That will happen when you get shutout

They were probably drinking beers down in the basement. In the lounge. What the heck was the name of that place again? It was like a two-mile walk from my seat.

That is a fickle crowd, for sure.  Some nights that arena fills up, other nights you think it's a DIII school arena.  The students are usually a pretty rowdy crowd, and the band does a decent job. 

I was surprised at the ice last night.  It looked as soft as a slushie.  I could almost see Scotty having his team practice on soft ice all week just to take a visiting team off their game on Friday night.  Hope to see a faster game tonight. 

For a while last night our blueliners were clicking and keeping UMD out of our zone entirely, but the Dogs found a way through after a few minutes and started getting shots again.  All forwards and blue liners blocked a ton of shots last night.  Really gives Cam a reason to stay calm and play big.

Looking for the sweep tonight! 

GO SIOUX!!!

The fan apathy at your arena was incredibly surprising, and troubling.  A very large number of empty seats, no real atmosphere other than what the fans in green provided.  Embarrassing.  Maybe tonight will be different, I hope not.