SiouxSports.com Forum

Playoffs or bust

Nodak78

Yea all 150 of them will be missed. 

A little frustration from my son on this account.  He was at all of the games and checked in to all but they somehow missed him for the $1500 drawing.  He wasn't aware that they were calling all of the people who were in the drawing because they didn't announce the process.  He didn't know he was missed until they called the people onto the field for the drawing.

He went into the Nodak Nation office today and they told him they know he was there for all of the games because they recognized him.  They said their scanner must not have worked for his card at homecoming and were sorry but obviously it's too late now.  On homecoming he went down and hung up the Sack City sign and then went up and had his card scanned after the first offensive series.  

There were only about 15 people in the drawing so his chances really would have been pretty good.   I know not many kids go to the games but they don't follow through for the ones that do.

A little frustration from my son on this account.  He was at all of the games and checked in to all but they somehow missed him for the $1500 drawing.  He wasn't aware that they were calling all of the people who were in the drawing because they didn't announce the process.  He didn't know he was missed until they called the people onto the field for the drawing.

He went into the Nodak Nation office today and they told him they know he was there for all of the games because they recognized him.  They said their scanner must not have worked for his card at homecoming and were sorry but obviously it's too late now.  On homecoming he went down and hung up the Sack City sign and then went up and had his card scanned after the first offensive series.  

There were only about 15 people in the drawing so his chances really would have been pretty good.   I know not many kids go to the games but they don't follow through for the ones that do.

but for hockey they would have triple checked that...... 

zero excuse on Nodak Nations part.  

Edited by SWSiouxMN

I would also like to see PSU and MSU win. 

MSU just destroyed an ISU team that Montana beat only because ISU crapped their drawers. I know these comparisons dont mean much but it adds some perspective.

Montana and Montana St.  is quite a rivalry and anything can happen.  We know about rivalries with NDSU.  I hope Prokup has a huge day maybe player of the week. 

• Upvote 1

SFI said yesterday we were prepping a bid. Any news on what it ended up being ??

I hope it is big!. Assuming we make it to 7-4, I will be up in Nodak over Thanksgiving weekend and the family (less my bison rube brother) will all go to the game if we host. My fingers are crossed.

The  No. Arizona/So Utah. game is interesting.  They each have a D2 win I believe and both have 3 losses already.   Is that right?   We never played either  one of them so there is no head to head.    If we win they would both be eliminated wouldn't they.    We just need to win and we should be in for sure if Big Sky gets 4 teams   If Montana St. or Portland State win we should for sure be in  ( whether the Big Sky  gets  4 teams or not )   if we WIN.    Just win.

I would also like to see PSU and MSU win. 

MSU just destroyed an ISU team that Montana beat only because ISU crapped their drawers. I know these comparisons dont mean much but it adds some perspective.

Luckily the game is in Bozeman this weekend or the Cats would have more to worry about. Wondering if Gustafson starts this week

The  No. Arizona/So Utah. game is interesting.  They each have a D2 win I believe and both have 3 losses already.   Is that right?   We never played either  one of them so there is no head to head.    If we win they would both be eliminated wouldn't they.    We just need to win and we should be in for sure if Big Sky gets 4 teams   If Montana St. or Portland State win we should for sure be in  ( whether the Big Sky  gets  4 teams or not )   if we WIN.    Just win.

If SUU wins they are conference champs.  It would be best if they beat NAU.  Also a Portland St win would be huge for us.

• Upvote 1

Gustafson started last week so I would believe he does.

Upon further review that's correct, I had heard it was questionable. With Gustafson at QB against a sloppy MT State  defense it looks to be a tough one for the cats. Only hope is that it is the biggest game in Montana.

Thanks for the insight.  The standings are a mess.  If Northern Arizona wins it could potentially eliminate both those teams.  The bottom line it would seem that there is fairly good chance if we win we would make the playoffs  (unless ALL bad scenarios  happen).    

Thanks for the insight.  The standings are a mess.  If Northern Arizona wins it could potentially eliminate both those teams.  The bottom line it would seem that there is fairly good chance if we win we would make the playoffs  (unless ALL bad scenarios  happen).    

No better for SUU to win.  NAU would have 8 wins one of them would be a DII but still 8 wins.

To me, the winner of SUU and NAU is in the playoffs and the other is not.  Montana is in with a win.  Portland State is in no matter what happens, but if they beat EWU then the Eagles are out for sure (bubble if they win).  While I'd like to say UND is in with a win, we definitely want MSU and PSU to win this weekend.  If both EWU and Montana win, UND would probably be fifth in line from the Big Sky for a playoff birth if we beat Poly.

I think we should be ahead of EWU if the win.  If EWU beats PSU, that win would be the only team above .500.   Plus our wins on the road against Wyoming and PSU are huge in the WL record.

Dont disagree, but name recognition and recent history may be a factor as crappy as that is.