SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Duluth

jimdahl

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am actually with beersong and DHG on the goal lap issue. It's obvious that they see it as an insult to them for opposing fans to do it, so don't do it. Sioux fans have been warned, so if they still do it...they get what they deserve (provided they read this board).

Fedorov...no we weren't with the group that tried to do the lap. We were up in the nosebleeds at about center ice opposite end that the bench was on (The same side McMahon whooped some Bulldog :0 )

And UND does come up with all the traditions...and everyone else steals them.

One thing I WILL steal from tPB is this: "win or lose, we booze!" :silly:  ;)  :)

Sign for next week? We could credit it to tPB....you know, to not p*ss them off. :0;)

Let's see ... DECC is a publicly funded arena. DECC officials and the police let one group express themselves under the First Amendment, but prohibit another group for doing the same thing, and may expel those opposing fans under color of law. 1983 ... Hmmm ... :)

Which brings me to another point, given the relative small size of the DECC rink and the concourse, why does it take those retarded fatasses so long to complete a lap? Do they stop for a beer and a smoke? ;);)

Which brings me to another point, given the relative small size of the DECC rink and the concourse, why does it take those retarded fatasses so long to complete a lap? Do they stop for a beer and a smoke? ;):)

yes they do...they stop for a beer, hot dog, smoke, hi-five some fans, and beat the crap out of visitors who try to stop them.

Plus the Superfan is a big guy...he gets winded ;)

Sorry, my original intent was just to warn not to do it because people (students, cops, and even adults) have begun taking it more seriously and the last 3 people that have tried it have been tossed from the arena. While they may not have meant any harm, they were still tossed. Just giving a heads up.

Is it ok to run to the can or is that going to get me tossed out as well? Perhaps I should pee on the cops leg or the person trying to kick my a$$!

But here is your warning, this is a big weekend, the Penalty Box will be WASTED, and if you try to run and get near myself and the Box, it will come to fists. I am sick of the disrespect by other fans. I have this weekend and the home playoffs left, I am not worried about being kicked out. So if you value your face, don't run.

Hokey dokey, sheriff. :) Kinda sensitive & territorial about that junior h.s.-level tradition, ain't ya?

Parise you guys act like a bunch of kids. I just tried warning Sioux fans and somehow I turned into the bad guy. Whatever. Do the lap - watch the rest of the game from Grandma's. It's your choice...

Oh c'mon beersong. I can understand if this is a tradition that you guys really get in to. I'm all for that.

But the idea that if someone else chooses to copy your cheers or traditions, or for that matter mock them (in a way that is not vulgar or obscene) they would be asked to discontinue that by the security is absurd.

I've got no problem if you think opposing fans that go for a run in your own building jerks, or use it as an emotional justification for increasing the rivalry between the fans/teams. No issue there at all.

But I just find it hard to accept that security should squash such a thing if it happened. And DHG threatening to bring out the can of whoop-butt if it happens. O boy.

It's a hockey game. We do get emotional about our teams. But I'm not sure this qualifies as "sacred".

Don't worry though. I'm more interested in this argument than I am in running around the DECC. Frankly, I think I'd get a little too tired this weekend to enjoy the games, if you see where I'm coming from. ;)

On another note, I really enjoyed my last trip to the DECC 2 yrs ago. The Sat night game I was there without the kid and sat in the middle of a bunch of old folks. They were all great in their own way. Some were friendly, and a couple down right ornery. :) One old lady (seriously, she had to be 75+) told me in no uncertain terms that I WOULD NOT be cheering for my team if I knew what was good for me. And I believed her. She was serious. She did not take kindly to the idea that the enemy was close by. The fans that I sat around really seemed to know their hockey and I definitely appreciate that.

I agree with you dagies. There have been message board threats from Bulldog fans on USCHO that if, any opponent fans try to run around with a flag, they'll get beat on when they pass the Dog student section. I'd guess that is the reason security stops opponent flags from entering the arena, or gets in the way of an opponent fan who tries to make the trip around.

On the other hand, with message board threats being read as much as they have, there will be an occasion in the future when some drunk opponent fans jump the Dog fans making there way around the arena, and a brawl in the stands will occur. Security will have to deal with it sooner or later. By stifling opponent fans, security has only solved half the problem. I'd guess when it happens the fans of both teams will be spending the night in jail, or watching from Grandma's.

Do whatever you want. Be the classless fans that we met with the GREAT HOSPITALITY in Grand Forks this year. The only nice people we met were diggler and one other guy. Other than that, we got nothing but threats to be beat up, and one guy got arrested for punching our buddy. Then he was there the next night and we had to have a police officer watching us to make sure the guy didn't do anything.

So do what you like, but we have decided as a group that we will show you folks the same hospitality your rich, leather jacket wearing sioux supporters were showing us in Grand Forks. I can't wait to get the kid who tries to run. One punch for every National Title you have.

Biggest reason I have grown to like Minnesota fans more: Because they didn't try to JUSTIFY that is is OK to do someone's tradition in their arena. They agreed their fan was an idiot. :)

I won't be there, and wouldn't be obnoxious to Dog fans if I were, nor would I run around the arena. Sounds like you insist on matching the "classless" you found at GF. In my book, that makes you no better than those you accuse.

Very true. I'm sure he's joking...

Hugs not drugs.

Edit: Guess he's serious. :);)

All that I ask is that DHG is videotaped laying a beatdown down. Will you take requests? Will you do the old Nasty Boys move, where they rub the guys face into one of their armpits? That would be sweet. Also stab someone with your flag. Thanks. :)

PS - For the love of Zach, please keep your shirt on. Please. ;)

All that I ask is that DHG is videotaped laying a beatdown down. Will you take requests? Will you do the old Nasty Boys move, where they rub the guys face into one of their armpits? That would be sweet. Also stab someone with your flag. Thanks. ;)

PS - For the love of Zach, please keep your shirt on. Please. ;)

I second that. Then they can play it when were waiting to watch the MTU beatdown next Friday.

LMFAO :)

Seriously, if this is a tradition they hold as sacred as they appear to...don't f*ck with it.

Thanks for explaining your stance dagies. Much appreciated. "The Lap" is something we take pretty seriously up there. Still hope no one tries it.

Will you be out for a beer or five after the game, or can't you since the little guy is along?

The kids are with on Friday night (there are 3 of us guys) and just the guys on Sat. What our plans are yet are not established. We're staying at the Hawthorn Suites.

Lap...No lap...What a bunch of CRAP!

It may be disrespectful but if the Bulldog fans can do it then the visiting fans can do it. If the visitors get attacked for doing something that is allowed then it is assult, plain and simple. You may not like it but this is a free country.

Lighten up Francis.

LAP CRAP! LAP CRAP! LAP CRAP!

This whole thing is dumb. I personally don't do disrespectfull things when I'm in a visiting teams building. But, with you Penalty Box guys warning/threatening people, you're more likely to have someone try it. If beating up other fans is what you guys want to do, then maybe the DECC needs to look into relocating your seats.

Drunk Hockey Guy, your threats do not scare anyone. I would never do this in an opposing arena. However if someone from the opposing teams fan base does it so be it. There is no law on the books stating you cannot run around the DECC in Duluth. If that person is as you say "beaten up" the one doing the assaulting will be the one who goes to jail. No one is going to be scared by the threats you put on this board if that is your purpose. This is an internet message board, it is pretty timid to threaten anyone on here. What if the person who runs around the rink is 6' 6" and 300 pounds is he going to get beat up, I DON'T THINK SO!!@