SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Duluth

jimdahl

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are having a siouxperswing golf tourney today in sun lakes az... tim o'keefe, and so forth will be there..should be a good time and then its off to watch the sioux play tonight..go for the sweep!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!

Did you have to squash any lap runners? :blush:

The atmosphere sounded great at the DECC. Hopefully they will be able to cheer a bit more tomorrow. They were in the game until the 4th goal though. That shorty was a killer, as the Dogs seemed to be gathering momentum at that point.

One Sioux guy tried running a lap. He didn't get too far before the cop took him out. I think he was let back in after a little lecture. He didn't make it to the student section unfortunately.

The atmosphere wasn't that great. The first goal really took the wind out of the sails. There were TONS of UND fans there. How they got that many tickets I will never know. More Sioux fans last night than UMTC has ever had here...

Hopefully a different outcome tonight - first goal will be key again.

How did I get tickets? I bought 'em in October, because I thought the title wold come down to this weekend..... Can't speak for the other 400-600 Sioux fans there tho.

The atmosphere at the DECC was great for the first 40 minutes. The last 20, it was if you are a Sioux fan. Got quiet after Lundbohm scored the 4th Sioux goal.

Nice to see the DECC full again, like it should be.

How did I get tickets? I bought 'em in October, because I thought the title wold come down to this weekend..... Can't speak for the other 400-600 Sioux fans there tho.

The atmosphere at the DECC was great for the first 40 minutes. The last 20, it was if you are a Sioux fan. Got quiet after Lundbohm scored the 4th Sioux goal.

Nice to see the DECC full again, like it should be.

Well I expect diehards like yourself to get tickets, but not that many people. :blush:

I'd say there were over 1,000 Sioux fans.... There will be a few less tonight since there are more Bulldog season ticket holders on Saturdays...

Met some nice UND folks last night.

Time to tap the keg. :0

Well I expect diehards like yourself to get tickets, but not that many people. :blush:

I'd say there were over 1,000 Sioux fans.... There will be a few less tonight since there are more Bulldog season ticket holders on Saturdays...

They give you the option of buying only Sat tickets?

Maybe the Vikings could do that with their #$%^& pre-season games!

They give you the option of buying only Sat tickets?

Maybe the Vikings could do that with their #$%^& pre-season games!

Yeah, you can buy Friday only, Saturday only or both. Since a large chunk of the tUMD crowd is out of towners, many just purchase the Saturday package.

Yeah, you can buy Friday only, Saturday only or both. Since a large chunk of the tUMD crowd is out of towners, many just purchase the Saturday package.

So, does it work?

By that I mean, does Saturday sell out?

What's the difference between Fri & Sat attendance 200? 300? 500?

If you don't know beersong, don't worry about it, I am just curious.

So, does it work?

By that I mean, does Saturday sell out?

What's the difference between Fri & Sat attendance 200? 300? 500?

If you don't know beersong, don't worry about it, I am just curious.

Yeah it works... I'd say there are probably about 500 more season ticket holders there on Saturday. I think most of the Friday holders have both nights... Saturday attendence is always much higher regardless of opponent... I don't know if that can all be attributed to the Sat season ticket holders but its a large chunk..

Tapping the keg is just fine by me.

Tapping the Caig is another matter entirely.

Bought mine in October as well because it's always nice to go to Duluth with the family for a weekend and Sioux hockey is just a bonus.

Thanks for the good time! :p

Yes, the Sioux "runner" did come back in the game a little later. I think Sioux fans were mostly behaved. Glad Friday ticket holders aren't always there on Saturday because the gal I sat next to (and her man-friend frankly) were horrible to sit next to. I got quite an education on penalty calls. Turns out there is one almost every 15 seconds that gets missed. I've got to start paying a LOT closer attention to the refs in the future.

DECC is a great place to watch a game. Crowd really got into it when the Dogs would score.

Pleased to see all the Sioux fans in attendance, and they made themselves heard.

ction unfortunately.

The atmosphere wasn't that great. The first goal really took the wind out of the sails.

While I agree that the large roar after the Sioux scored in the first minute was a bit disheartening, the Dogs fans stayed in the game until the fourth goal. At least that's the way it sounded on the radio.. :p

Glad Friday ticket holders aren't always there on Saturday because the gal I sat next to (and her man-friend frankly) were horrible to sit next to. I got quite an education on penalty calls. Turns out there is one almost every 15 seconds that gets missed. I've got to start paying a LOT closer attention to the refs in the future.

Must have been related to the people I sat by.......I think Duluth had 3 or 4 pp's to UND's 1, and this guy kept saying "how cheap UND was".....and was so pissed that NO penalties were being called on UND......it's also when I was "reminded" that ALL of the UND players were from Canada!

Sounded kinda jealous to me!

Friday.....I sat by 4 awesome Duluth fans though! That was "FUN" talking hockey, and actually UNDERSTANDING the game how it was being played!

what the heck you smokin'? That place is a PIT! Pass me the bowl! :p

WPOS

Hey, it's not the prettiest arena but it's great to watch a game in I think. The fans are so close to the ice you have good views all over. We sat in one corner (still on a side) but because we were so close to the ice we could still see most of what was happening down the near boards on the far end. I like it there.

Since they put up nets on each end, the dangerous end seats are no longer dangerous. Those people are RIGHT on the action.

still a pit!

obstructed views with the stupid nets and HUGE cables hangigng down....

WPoS

The only obstructed views are down in the lower seating area, where you have to look through the glass.....or were you sitting behind DHG!! :p