SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Duluth

jimdahl

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have they restocked the brooms in Duluth yet? I had a co-worker up in Duluth for the MN series and she said her sister went all over town looking to buy a broom on that saturday and couldn't find any. True story.

I got a shipment of them in from the Phillipines. Got my Ford LTD Squire loaded to the gills with brooms and beer. Gonna be selling the brooms on the streetcorners of Duluth. $10 on Friday, $20 on Saturday. Selling to all comers, fans of either team. Got my street vendor's license and police protection all lined up.

Have they restocked the brooms in Duluth yet? I had a co-worker up in Duluth for the MN series and she said her sister went all over town looking to buy a broom on that saturday and couldn't find any. True story.

Both Dollar Stores and Walmart sold out of them. Our group of 4 bought one Dollar Store out of them - about 40 brooms worth. They weren't too happy. :)

There will be plenty of full size brooms this weekend since we can't bring them into the DECC, but IF tUMD wins Friday, it'll be tough finding a whisk broom in Duluth! ;)

Both Dollar Stores and Walmart sold out of them. Our group of 4 bought one Dollar Store out of them - about 40 brooms worth. They weren't too happy. :glare:

They sold out of something and made money, but weren't too happy? :0 I would think they weren't too happy because they didn't have more brooms to sell to you idiots. :p

They sold out of something and made money, but weren't too happy? :0 I would think they weren't too happy because they didn't have more brooms to sell to you idiots. :p

No, they weren't happy because they were held to charging just a dollar when, if they weren't at a dollar store, they could have jacked up the price to make more profit.

It isn't a reflection on UMD as much as it is a reflection on Sheperd. I chose Lessard because he's arguably the best offensive player on the Bulldogs and I chose Geisler because he's the best defensive player on the Bulldogs.

Whether Prpich is a goon or not, I thought penalties are decided on the ice, not by what has happened during the season with the exception of Game DQs and misconducts.

That's why Greene got so many penalties last year. Half were because he made stupid mistakes and the other half was because the ref knew that he had a tendency to make stupid mistakes.

I just want an equally officiated contest where neither side gets the benefit of the officiating. We get penalties because we deserve it and vice versa. No makeup calls or equalizers. Consistency prevails. If that happens and UMD still wins, then UMD really won because they played better than us and not because the ref was trying to be a part of the game.

Thank you for the clarification. I was hoping you weren't belittling Geisler or Lessard by insinuating that they have somehow been the benificiaries of biased officiating, and that their accomplishments this season and in seasons past were somehow aided by officials.

I also want excellent and fair officiating this weekend. That way there will be no way the Sioux fans can say they are still better than UMD after we sweep you. :0

Less than 24 hours until game time !!!

Both Dollar Stores and Walmart sold out of them. Our group of 4 bought one Dollar Store out of them - about 40 brooms worth. They weren't too happy. :glare:

There will be plenty of full size brooms this weekend since we can't bring them into the DECC, but IF tUMD wins Friday, it'll be tough finding a whisk broom in Duluth! :p

Beersong . . . .

What? You all ain't got enough confidence in the Boyz to buy your whisk brooms early? Too cheap to buy one now, figuring you can always use it to sweep the cobwebs for the corner of your Pfeiffer-soaked mind it the Boyz do not take two?

I love you Duluth fans. You are good folk. Why do you paint the rest of your cohorts of at the DECC-adent as such degenerates? Beer-soakings. Muggings. Beatings. Blood. I don't believe a second of it. One Boyz fan look sideways at me and they'll be in for an evening.

Hey, does the DECC have one of those HANDGUNS NOT WELCOMED ON THESE PREMISES?

Not to worry about me. I'm afraid of guns, especially when they's on my trigger finger.

The way some of these posts read, I'm a bit worried that some off-centered Bulldogs fan might be packing.

I love Duluth. We'll be there tomorrow. Selling brooms.

The pressure's in your corner, according to Blais. A snippet from Todd D. Milewski's weekly WCHA piece on USCHO:

"It's maybe the first time all year that we've gone in as an underdog," North Dakota coach Dean Blais told The Associated Press. "Being first wears on you. It means getting the other team's best performance."

Ah, the classic Blais psyching of the opponent. This isn't the first time the Sioux coach has tried to put all the pressure in the other team's corner.

But he does have a point, and he should know. It was an event for most of the season when the top-ranked and WCHA-leading Sioux came to town. Now, with the MacNaughton Cup in the building and waiting to be presented to the Bulldogs if they wrap things up, there is a ton of pressure on UMD.

The eyes of the WCHA, and of a good portion of the college hockey world, are on the DECC this weekend to see if the upstart (can we still call them that?) Bulldogs can hold off the challenge of sure-to-be-charging UND."

Friday is finally here. Hooray. Everyone have a safe trip to Duluth, and we'll see you there!

Remember: "Win or Lose, We Booze"

This is why the majority of Duluth fans rule. For those Sioux fans lucky enough to be in Duluth this weekend, win or lose hook up with the Duluth fans after the game, a good time will be had. Duluth seems to produce fun drunks, not like SCSU, Minny and Kato that only seem to produce violent drunks. :glare:

Homer: "Son, when you participate in sporting events, its not whether you win or loose, its how drunk you get."

This is why the majority of Duluth fans rule. For those Sioux fans lucky enough to be in Duluth this weekend, win or lose hook up with the Duluth fans after the game, a good time will be had. Duluth seems to produce fun drunks, not like SCSU, Minny and Kato that only seem to produce violent drunks. :glare:

Homer: "Son, when you participate in sporting events, its not whether you win or loose, its how drunk you get."

hey now, I take offense to that. tPB can confirm, we are much of a fun drunk as the next guy. I think you confuse the idiots with the real Gopher fans...

WPoS

Did you have to squash any lap runners? :blush:

The atmosphere sounded great at the DECC. Hopefully they will be able to cheer a bit more tomorrow. They were in the game until the 4th goal though. That shorty was a killer, as the Dogs seemed to be gathering momentum at that point.