SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Duluth

jimdahl

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope your fans have learned not to be stupid enough to disrespect someones tradition by trying to run in our arena.

And just so you know, the guy was not getting kicked out for RUNNING the lap. Once again, the cop went over because he was getting blocked by other adults and he was getting close to the Penalty Box. The cop, from what he told me later that night, said "Please sit down, we don't want an incident with the student section." Who at the time was starting to set up a blockade. HE then tried to push the cop out of the way, the cop pointed for him to go back to his seat, and he then punched the cop in the chest. ARRESTED.

The cop was not telling him he couldn't run, just please don't do it, they don't want a fight.

I am not to worried, I am a very nice fan these days and don't swear and respect the visitors. But here is your warning, this is a big weekend, the Penalty Box will be WASTED, and if you try to run and get near myself and the Box, it will come to fists. I am sick of the disrespect by other fans. I have this weekend and the home playoffs left, I am not worried about being kicked out. So if you value your face, don't run.

Someone explain to me how running a victory lap is disrespectful.

While you are at it, tell me why I had to sit in the first row of the upper deck while a couple of hundred of your fans ran right on the walkway in front of me and my kid while the game was going on yet THAT wasn't disrespectful.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really care that you run the lap. But if you want to say if we run a lap that somehow we're peeing on your statue.......

Give me a break.

Tell me if you have some cheers we can't copy too.

If people see that as a challenge, then good luck to them. I hope they like eating fists.

Next time I come to the Ralph, maybe I'll pee all over the Ralph statue and see how you like it.

OK, if Sioux fans oh-me-oh-my shouldn't do a lap, maybe they should take a cue from this guy ....

and pee on him instead. :)

I really hope your fans have learned not to be stupid enough to disrespect someones tradition by trying to run in our arena.

I hope your stupid players don't ruin our tradition of beating you this year. :)

I agree though. UND fans should be more creative in their cheers this weekend. There should be a good turnout and with the smaller arena, they can be more intimidating by being louder.

Someone explain to me how running a victory lap is disrespectful.

Because it is a tradition of ours.

Go ahead and do it, I don't care because whoever does it will meet a messy fate and probably be booted from the arena. One less Sioux fan is A.O.K with me.

I equate it to when Terrell Owens ran to the center of Dallas' stadium and spiked the ball on their big star. Don't be Terrell guys.

Bulldog Hockey: Undefeated in 2004

HEY>>>>>>>>>

You forgot that silly game called Beer Darts!!!

;);):0:0:silly::silly::silly:

hey now, don't get TOOO personal there buddy! :D

Have no fear I have it well documented where and WHOM originated that! :)

Silly Packer fans have already tried to steal it! :)

Just to chime in onthe whole Gophre fan/cop incident. I was RIGHT there up about 12 rows from it. The cop was pretty agressive towards the guy, but the guy did push back and shove the cop, so he pretty much got what he deserved. But the cop could have been a bit less "enthusiastic" about the approach. DHG and tPB are more than welcome in my eyes do do what they want IN THEIR OWN ARENA. A few years ago I thought about trying a lap, but then reason kicked in and I knew if I tried it tPB would absolutely destroy anyone who tried. While the guy ended up in jail for the night it would be much better there than the hospital. Sufice to say, while I may not like the lap as a Gopher fan I LOVE it as a college hockey fan.

One thing I WILL steal from tPB is this: "win or lose, we booze!" ;):p:D

WPoS

Because it is a tradition of ours.

Go ahead and do it, I don't care because whoever does it will meet a messy fate and probably be booted from the arena. One less Sioux fan is A.O.K with me.

I equate it to when Terrell Owens ran to the center of Dallas' stadium and spiked the ball on their big star. Don't be Terrell guys.

Bulldog Hockey: Undefeated in 2004

I'm assuming you guys stand up and cheer when you score too.

Can we do that?

I don't understand what the big deal is. Just like peeing on a statue isn't the same as running a lap around an opposing arena; running a lap around the opposing arena isn't the same as clapping. You wouldn't want it to happen at REA, would you? So why do it at tDECC? Don't purposely be a jerk in an opposing arena, it isn't going to work out for you.

I don't understand what the big deal is. Just like peeing on a statue isn't the same as running a lap around an opposing arena; running a lap around the opposing arena isn't the same as clapping. You wouldn't want it to happen at REA, would you? So why do it at tDECC? Don't purposely be a jerk in an opposing arena, it isn't going to work out for you.

I would never even think about running a lap around the DECC, but didn't really appreciate someone coming on here and warning us not to do it. I guess I'm just a little sensitive with all the threats and warnings we have received the last couple of weeks form Kupchella, RT, and the ralph.

I would never even think about running a lap around the DECC, but didn't really appreciate someone coming on here and warning us not to do it. I guess I'm just a little sensitive with all the threats and warnings we have received the last couple of weeks form Kupchella, RT, and the ralph.

Sorry, my original intent was just to warn not to do it because people (students, cops, and even adults) have begun taking it more seriously and the last 3 people that have tried it have been tossed from the arena. While they may not have meant any harm, they were still tossed. Just giving a heads up.

Sorry, my original intent was just to warn not to do it because people (students, cops, and even adults) have begun taking it more seriously and the last 3 people that have tried it have been tossed from the arena. While they may not have meant any harm, they were still tossed. Just giving a heads up.

beersong

Thanks for the heads up, but it would have never even crossed my mind to do such a thing in a visitor's arena. I wouldn't advise a fan from an opposing team to perform such a stunt in the Ralph either.

Let them! The Ralph is constructed in such a way that the goal lap wouldn't be seen from inside the arena, as they would have to run around the concourse where all the crowds are to buy beer, food, etc.

Really?? I guess I didn't know that is how the arena was constructed. :);)

I was talking about performing any kind of stunt that would cause such an uproar in the Ralph.