SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Duluth

jimdahl

Drunk Hockey Guy, your threats do not scare anyone. I would never do this in an opposing arena. However if someone from the opposing teams fan base does it so be it. There is no law on the books stating you cannot run around the DECC in Duluth. If that person is as you say "beaten up" the one doing the assaulting will be the one who goes to jail. No one is going to be scared by the threats you put on this board if that is your purpose. This is an internet message board, it is pretty timid to threaten anyone on here. What if the person who runs around the rink is 6' 6" and 300 pounds is he going to get beat up, I DON'T THINK SO!!@

I do. :)

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to chalk all this "run a lap at the DECC and we'll dogpile you" nonsense up to pre-game hype and rhetoric. At least, that's what I hope it is. Wouldn't that look pretty on TV? Duluth fans attacking Sioux fans like soccer hooligans! I have to believe you guys are better than that.

I'm going to chalk all this "run a lap at the DECC and we'll dogpile you" nonsense up to pre-game hype and rhetoric. At least, that's what I hope it is. Wouldn't that look pretty on TV? Duluth fans attacking Sioux fans like soccer hooligans! I have to believe you guys are better than that.

And I'd like to think Sioux fans are better than to be that disrespectful... Hope this is all much ado about nothing.

Ask the UMTC fan from last year if he liked being bloodied up by the students. He tackled our Bulldog mascot right in front of the student section. Not the smartest move. A couple haymakers later he was bleeding from his ear and being led out in handcuffs. :););)

And I'd like to think Sioux fans are better than to be that disrespectful... Hope this is all much ado about nothing.

Ask the UMTC fan from last year if he liked being bloodied up by the students. He tackled our Bulldog mascot right in front of the student section. Not the smartest move. A couple haymakers later he was bleeding from his ear and being led out in handcuffs. :););)

But there's a difference between being physically violent and running around the DECC.

Beersong: And, because the Gopher fan acted stupidly, a GROUP of big, brave Duluth fans were justified in beating him up? What, you couldn't let paid security handle it, because your honor had been stained? Don't wait for any applause from me for that.

No wonder our society is going to hell in a handbasket. I weep for the future.

Hmmmmm... Is there also a hockey game (or two) this weekend?

I am OK with UMDs traditions, they are just a little different than ours. They run laps, we win National Championships. This weekend could be a great springboard to #8.

But of course, respect the lap, or else...

The only tradition UMD fans can talk about is some antics and cheers by their fans. They don't have much of a hockey tradition to stand behind. Maybe the UMD players pay to much attention to the stuff going on in the stands rather than concentrate on the ice. Maybe that is why they are still stuck on ZERO! Focus on the game Dogz fans, you guys have a good team.

UMD does have a good team and I expect some outstanding games.

Duluth should really be aided by having the last change. This means the Sioux D will need to step up against the UMD #1 line. Smaby can't let anyone walk in alone on goal.

If the score stays close and ND can role four lines I expect that Duluth can be worn down. If Duluth scores early look for a repeat of the Gophers series.

10-4 Siouxnami . . . .

This territorial bs over local arena rituals is pure bs, especially when diced up with threats of physical violence. The only reason Dog fans do the lap at the DECC is because their rink is 10-15 feet shorter in length than most rinks. If it were a regulation rink, these clowns would probably collapse before completing the lap.

I do not take well to stories of threats and intimidation. My kids and I go all over the league, and meet with class fans, and fans who let us cheer hard and respectful while still having fun, at every arena that we have visited.

This will be our first trip to the DECC. If any Dog fan wants to try and intimidate us into sitting down or shutting up, then let them try. Only their team might have a chance of doing that. Dog fans should spend less time worrying about what visiting fans are doing, and more time cheering their boys on the ice.

Old ladies. Struggling students. Drunken jerks. Middle-aged balding fat guys. Don't waste your time or breath on us. We will cheer as we see fit, always cleverly and reasonably respectfully. We are looking forward to meeting the solid UMD fan base. I am sure that there is a fine and knowledgeable one.

As for the rest of them, they can just live with the BROWN & YELLOW and the BEAT THE TRAFFIC chants. Maybe even an OVER RATED one to boot.

DHG. You listening? Or having somebody read this to you?

Parise, you guys need to settle down. For the love of Zach I hope you guys cheer your lungs out this weekend - that's what being a great fan is all about. The whole lap talk has been exhausted. I don't expect anyone to do it, and I expect no problems... Let's move on....

Someone made the comment about the Sioux rolling 4 lines and wearing the Dogs down. tUMD also rolls all 4 lines regularly and the 4th line has provided a huge scoring boost this season. I think the depth of the two teams is nearly equal.

10-4 Siouxnami . . . .

This territorial bs over local arena rituals is pure bs, especially when diced up with threats of physical violence. The only reason Dog fans do the lap at the DECC is because their rink is 10-15 feet shorter in length than most rinks. If it were a regulation rink, these clowns would probably collapse before completing the lap.

I do not take well to stories of threats and intimidation. My kids and I go all over the league, and meet with class fans, and fans who let us cheer hard and respectful while still having fun, at every arena that we have visited.

This will be our first trip to the DECC. If any Dog fan wants to try and intimidate us into sitting down or shutting up, then let them try. Only their team might have a chance of doing that. Dog fans should spend less time worrying about what visiting fans are doing, and more time cheering their boys on the ice.

Old ladies. Struggling students. Drunken jerks. Middle-aged balding fat guys. Don't waste your time or breath on us. We will cheer as we see fit, always cleverly and reasonably respectfully. We are looking forward to meeting the solid UMD fan base. I am sure that there is a fine and knowledgeable one.

As for the rest of them, they can just live with the BROWN & YELLOW and the BEAT THE TRAFFIC chants. Maybe even an OVER RATED one to boot.

DHG. You listening? Or having somebody read this to you?

Boy, that post just reeks of how much smarter you are than me. I should just die. :) What a waste of space I am. The sad thing, your town is a bigger waste of space. I am not to worried about what a Sioux fan thinks of me, if I did care, I would have went to school there. ;)

I am not to worried about what a Sioux fan thinks of me, if I did care, I would have went to school there. ;)

If you don't care, why are you writing on a forum for Sioux fans? :)

Your threat was dumb. People calling you out were dumb. Your last post was dumb. Do we really need to continue the cycle kids?

I don't see us wearing down the Bulldogs. I think this is going to be run and gun hockey all night long. I do think the Sioux are bigger and maybe we can outphysical the Dogs but that remains to be seen.

I think Blais needs to have a 4th line he can feel good about putting on the ice and roll it because I don't think we can afford to tire out the top 3 lines. And we can't tire our our penalty killers either.

Roll 4 lines, play physical, and don't let the skilled Dog forwards get into a flow. If we do that we have a shot.

DHG, Beersong....I'm looking forward to seeing you guys dropping some serious weight this weekend!! :)

UND will need stellar goaltending and defensive zone play in order to beat the Dogs. UMD will need to continue to break out of the zone with speed and efficiency, and capitalize on PP opportunities.

The whole lap talk has been exhausted.  I don't expect anyone to do it, and I expect no problems... Let's move on....

My twelve-year old daughter, a huge fan, also thinks that this "take a lap and we'll beat you up" stuff is really stupid as well. Let's play, and talk, hockey, eh?

She is thinking about taking the lap after the fifth Sioux goal of the evening.

Any tough Bulldog fans willing to take down a twelve year old just because she is caught up in the exhiliaration of a BIG Sioux sweep?

Bring the brooms Sioux fans. This is going to be one great series, and the Sioux have too much firepower for the Dogs.

Their run is over. Besides, they know that we have beaten them silly three times already.

True, however I was just providing my quick "Keys to the Game". UMD usually gets great goaltending, so it didn't stick out as a point of focus.

Edit: This is directed at MNS, but NDH snuck a post in-between.

NDH: Talk is cheap. I'm sure UMD fans will be bringing brooms as well. Perhaps an umbrella would be better equiptment, because the forecast calls for a 25% chance of "broom shaped precipitation" inside the DECC Saturday night!! :)

I would say something about how brooms are not allowed in the DECC anymore but I'd probably be labeled as threatening Sioux fans not to bring them or something.... :););)

Shepard is reffing this weekend. It will come down to tUMD's PP vs. UND's PK and it's anyone's guess which one will come out ahead.

Shepard is reffing this weekend.  It will come down to tUMD's PP vs. UND's PK and it's anyone's guess which one will come out ahead.

While it is true that UMD does not take many penalties, I think that this weekend will play out one of two ways. It will either be very physical, yet cautious, as neither team wants to end up in the box...or if an incident like the late hit by Vanek happens, it could be a penalty filled slug-fest. I think that the first option is the most likely.

Think it will come down to the PK of both teams. Whichever does a better job, that team will come out on top.

No brooms at the DECC?? A result of the "premature discharge" vs. Minnesota I take it. :)

Are you kiddin' me? Most of the PB is DATING 12 year olds. It's the only way they can claim their girlfriend is under 150 pounds!

:)

If I didn't know any better, I might be worried. She has more class than drooling over some clown panting around a bandbox arena concourse.

She is a Sioux fan, for life. As are we all.

Bring da brooms. Penalty Box crowd is gonna look like the clientele up on 7th Floor of Saint Paul Ramsey come Saturday night around nine o'clock. Drooling. Incoherent. Shocked back to reality, but still wanting to fight it anyway.

Oh yeah! SHeperd!

If I were both teams this is what I would do: Immediately following the National Anthem, I'd put UMD's PP unit on the ice and send Greene immediately to the box before the intial faceoff. That way, when Sheperd manufactures the first penalty of the game, he'll go "Penalty on Number 2... oh wait, he's in the box. Nevermind, no penalty."

Expect Geisler to be able to mug Parise at will without a call. Prpich (heck ANY Sioux player) touches Lessard and UMD is on the PP for 2.

The closest UND will come to PP this weekend will be equalizer 4x4s.

Thank Zach our PK is good.

Oh yeah! SHeperd!

If I were both teams this is what I would do: Immediately following the National Anthem, I'd put UMD's PP unit on the ice and send Greene immediately to the box before the intial faceoff. That way, when Sheperd manufactures the first penalty of the game, he'll go "Penalty on Number 2... oh wait, he's in the box. Nevermind, no penalty."

Expect Geisler to be able to mug Parise at will without a call. Prpich (heck ANY Sioux player) touches Lessard and UMD is on the PP for 2.

The closest UND will come to PP this weekend will be equalizer 4x4s.

Thank Zach our PK is good.

Excuses already?

Good thing Mapletoft doesn't play for the Sioux anymore or the Dogs wouldn't stand a chance... :)

Expect Geisler to be able to mug Parise at will without a call.  Prpich (heck ANY Sioux player) touches Lessard and UMD is on the PP for 2.

Why would you say that? I've never seen Lessard get any special treatment... ;)

Geisler is a solid D-man, so there will be no need for him to mug anyone. Unless taking someone into the boards hard is mugging, you will see nothing of the sort from Geisler this weekend.

Prpich touches Lessard and UMD is on the PP for 2.

Maybe because Prpich known as a goon... :)