SiouxSports.com Forum

When/If Fighting Hawks win since that is what is rigged to happen...

01grad

Just curious, for those who view Nodaks as a slur because Minnesotans say "f*@&ing Nodaks" when they see a car with ND plates, have you never said "f@*&ing Minnesotans" when you see a car with MN plates doing something dumb?

I don't look at plates first; I'm just anti-Buicks. Don't trust any of them. Only thing worse? Buick with "blue plates" (Minnesota). :D 

Edited by The Sicatoka

I don't look at plates first; I'm just anti-Buicks. Don't trust any of them. Only thing worse? Buick with "blue plates" (Minnesota). :D 

You must still be driving your grandfather's Buick.....................

This is true of any building, no matter how nice or ugly it is. And don't think we cannot have down years; look at what is happening in Madison right now. It can and will happen, as much as I wish it would not.

And before the new REA, UND was at a disadvantage regarding facilities when compared to Minnesota and some other schools. And that didn't stop us from winning championships and putting winning teams on the ice. Facilities are important, and at some point we would have had to upgrade our home arena, but they are not necessarily more important than coaching, recruiting, community support, fundraising and so on.

My point is that after being in both buildings, the Old REA had much more intensity than the new REA. I know we can't go back in time and I accept that, but I was just pointing it out.

I will agree, the old REA was much more intense than the new place. The corporate structure of the new arena has taken all the "love" out of Fighting Sioux hockey which makes it tough to watch. Also, the fact that students are not as heavily involved like they used to makes it much more painful to watch. I remember when I was a student, it was hard to watch a game because the lady with a $500 purse and $1000 fur coat on couldn't "see" when we wanted to stand up and cheer. I'm not dogging the new arena but it may be first class facilities but it treats its real fans as 2nd class citizens when it comes to the atmosphere that we came to enjoy over the years.   

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I will agree, the old REA was much more intense than the new place. The corporate structure of the new arena has taken all the "love" out of Fighting Sioux hockey which makes it tough to watch. Also, the fact that students are not as heavily involved like they used to makes it much more painful to watch. I remember when I was a student, it was hard to watch a game because the lady with a $500 purse and $1000 fur coat on couldn't "see" when we wanted to stand up and cheer. I'm not dogging the new arena but it may be first class facilities but it treats its real fans as 2nd class citizens when it comes to the atmosphere that we came to enjoy over the years.   

LOL For being a real fan, you sure have a lot of conditions.  Sounds like you might be better off taking a seat in front of your TV for the games.

• Downvote 2

It is obvious that some of our fans think any criticism of the new REA is just not justified no matter how true it is. That is considered blasphemy on this forum.

• Upvote 1

Is this where I agree to disagree, or disagree to agree? 

You must refuse to accept a position which is diametrically unopposed to any view inconsistent with that of one which presents the logical contrapositive of the converse of my own view.

Still dont understand why the students are not behind the opposing goalie for 2 periods where they can stand and scream at him, like basically every other arena in the country.....that was one area where they got it wrong. Guessing the people that have tickets behind the net there put up too big of a stink or something. Still makes zero sense to have the students at center ice IMO.

Still dont understand why the students are not behind the opposing goalie for 2 periods where they can stand and scream at him, like basically every other arena in the country.....that was one area where they got it wrong. Guessing the people that have tickets behind the net there put up too big of a stink or something. Still makes zero sense to have the students at center ice IMO.

Completely agree....should have been that way from the start.

I have 4 season tickets behind the goal where UND shoots twice and I'd gladly trade spots with the student section.  They're at center ice!

I have 4 season tickets behind the goal where UND shoots twice and I'd gladly trade spots with the student section.  They're at center ice!

Yup im right next to the student section,110, it sucked when they stood but I never complained, and I actually love the atmosphere next to them, I bet its like a funeral on the other side of the ice compared to where I am at. But that's literally the only thing I can come up with as to why they arent behind the net. Makes no sense whatsoever for where they are located right now...

It was my understanding the Students lobbied for the center ice seats.  Maybe so they could be by the penalty box?  Maybe because it was that way at the old Ralph?  Don't really know for sure.  I do agree students should be behind the opposing goalie for two periods so they can heckle him.

Hey. That's where my tickets are.:D

It was my understanding the Students lobbied for the center ice seats.  Maybe so they could be by the penalty box?  Maybe because it was that way at the old Ralph?  Don't really know for sure.  I do agree students should be behind the opposing goalie for two periods so they can heckle him.

And Stand and Cheer, there is a reason every other arena does it. Stupid move but O well. Bet they would reconsider now if they could stand on the end.....I do remember that now how they wanted those seats at the time, didnt turn out to be wise IMO