SiouxSports.com Forum

University of north dakota fighting nodaks

fightingsioux08

37 minutes ago, moser53 said:

Join  the movement Darell. Keep an open mind. Let's see where this goes. Call me 

UND didn’t waste a lot of money putting logos on uniforms, buildings, and merchandise to say “let’s scrap it all and have nothing for a nickname”. You want to be involved, sign up to be fitted for the Fighting Hawk mascot outfit. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

UND didn’t waste a lot of money putting logos on uniforms, buildings, and merchandise to say “let’s scrap it all and have nothing for a nickname”. You want to be involved, sign up to be fitted for the Fighting Hawk mascot outfit. 

Not there $ they could care less. The group  from ND that went to the NCAA to try and keep the nickname. You mean the group that went there to make sure the nickname was history. Fight back now! 

2 hours ago, moser53 said:

Not there $ they could care less. The group  from ND that went to the NCAA to try and keep the nickname. You mean the group that went there to make sure the nickname was history. Fight back now! 

1. NCAA has a Native American nickname policy.

2. UND settled a lawsuit with the NCAA

3. Standing Rock voted against use of the nickname

4. SBoHE told UND to retire the name in lieu of failing to acquire TWO tribal approveals as required in the lawsuit.

5. North Dakota voters approved the removal of the state law requiring UND to remain the Fighting Sioux. 

6. UND retired the name and will acquire a new one in 3 years (2015)

7. UND chooses Fighting Hawks from a group of nicknames sumitted.

8. Ed Shafer chooses Fighting Hawk logo in 2016.

Fight is over. 8 rounds of this sh*t is enough. I and others have moved on. 

27 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

4. SBoHE told UND to retire the name in lieu of failing to acquire TWO tribal approveals as required in the lawsuit.

5. North Dakota voters approved the removal of the state law requiring UND to remain the Fighting Sioux. 

So what are you saying D76?  :D

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Yeah, can't argue with any of that. Although I think it's fair to say Kelley butchered step 7 and Schafer chocked on 8. Some people will always say that Kupucella, Kelley and Faison could have fought harder and that may be true but nonetheless we are stuck with a PC name probably forever.

However, I look forward to the day that a wise future UND president let's a student redesign the logo.

6 hours ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

Yeah, can't argue with any of that. Although I think it's fair to say Kelley butchered step 7 and Schafer chocked on 8. Some people will always say that Kupucella, Kelley and Faison could have fought harder and that may be true but nonetheless we are stuck with a PC name probably forever.

However, I look forward to the day that a wise future UND president let's a student redesign the logo.

Why was no nickname not an option? The student movement in Florida does say 1 thing. If you yell loud enough the politicians will hear you. We UND supporter have taken every cut at this school from these guys and acted like they were the smartest people in the world. There good guys just doing what's right for the ND people.

is it wrong to question there motives? I believe there plan is to make NDSU a 25000 FBS U and UND an 8000 distant cousin. We'll soon see if I'm right. Hope I'm wrong.

13 hours ago, darell1976 said:

#2.5 should be "Spirit Lake voted 2 to 1 to keep the nickname and logo".

#3 should be amended to "Standing Rock couldn't even get it on the ballot because of the political oppression of their own tribal council".

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, moser53 said:

Why was no nickname not an option? The student movement in Florida does say 1 thing. If you yell loud enough the politicians will hear you. We UND supporter have taken every cut at this school from these guys and acted like they were the smartest people in the world. There good guys just doing what's right for the ND people.

is it wrong to question there motives? I believe there plan is to make NDSU a 25000 FBS U and UND an 8000 distant cousin. We'll soon see if I'm right. Hope I'm wrong.

Spoiler alert- 

you're wrong. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, moser53 said:

I thought my displeasure at the lack of "No nickname" was apparent when I said Kelley butchered step 7. That and the exclusion of any name that was actually interesting, unique or traditional. 

31 minutes ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

I thought my displeasure at the lack of "No nickname" was apparent when I said Kelley butchered step 7. That and the exclusion of any name that was actually interesting, unique or traditional. 

Like what?

14 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Spoiler alert- 

you're wrong. 

All the signs are there. Prior to 1940 nobody believed Germany would do what they did.  Enrollment  growth new buildings everywhere.NDSUs campus.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Teeder11 said:

Like what?

Are you serious? Most of the consideration list was better than the final 10. There was blizzard, aviators, bombadiers, Norse and roughnecks comes to mind. Nokata as well but that was on the non-consideration list.

13 minutes ago, moser53 said:

All the signs are there. Prior to 1940 nobody believed Germany would do what they did.  Enrollment  growth new buildings everywhere.NDSUs campus.

Far from an NDSU fan, but comparing them to the NAZI’s before WWI is rather rich and overboard, to say the least.  None of their athletic teams except fb even win now.

10 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Far from an NDSU fan, but comparing them to the NAZI’s before WWI is rather rich and overboard, to say the least.  None of their athletic teams except fb even win now.

Not a SU fan if you say so. Ccmparing Germany's buildup to NDSUs buildup is to the point and on the mark. Winning is what the Fargo SU wants and does. There down now in some sports but they will fix it. Pride 

• UNDBIZ locked this topic