SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber State: Gut Check Week

SWSiouxMN

Im a true UND football fan my intenion is not to offend anyone on the blog or second guess the coaching staff. I dont think that its anything wrong with me wanting to see what all the corners bring. The CB position is one that i know very well and i think in due time from what ive seen all the corners will do good things.

I'll bite. I guess im surprised chris carter hasn't seen the field more considering the pass defense struggles, considering his playing time last year and how highly touted he was coming in.

i would say to anyone who has not seen chris carter compete at practice or in a game . U dont know what your missing . Each cb brings something different. I like jamming wr at the line.

If Carter had shown any playmaking ability to this point he would be playing.  That much is obvious after last weekend.  The coaches must not have seen enough through 2 fall camps and a spring ball session.

i think if they felt that way he wouldn't have played last year

If Carter had shown any playmaking ability to this point he would be playing.  That much is obvious after last weekend.  The coaches must not have seen enough through 2 fall camps and a spring ball session.

i think if they felt that way he wouldn't have played last year

The staff also obviously thought more talent was needed at position by looking at the recruiting and who they were looking at for transfers/JuCo's. They also had a full off-season to evaluate workouts and abilities.

The staff also obviously thought more talent was needed at position by looking at the recruiting and who they were looking at for transfers/JuCo's. They also had a full off-season to evaluate workouts and abilities.

I don't know the kid and don't care either way. I just agree with the comeback teacher that we should be able to see what everyone can do. I read his bio and he seems to have played well in High school and here prior to an Injury. As it relates to recruting the same can be said about every position! 

I don't know the kid and don't care either way. I just agree with the comeback teacher that we should be able to see what everyone can do. I read his bio and he seems to have played well in High school and here prior to an Injury. As it relates to recruting the same can be said about every position! 

i agree with NuffSaid chris was recruited by this staff. So they must have saw something in him. I would have a hard time believing that he can't compete.  From what i hear he's very competitive . But like i said we have to trust our coaches. And it could be they are developing him .

Edited by the cornerback teacher

I am almost in agreement with siouxfan512...sounds like "CB Teacher" and "Nuffsaid" might be one in the same or have an axe to grind because of a special relationship with a kid that's not seen much playing time. It always makes me smile when people hide behind fake monikers to snipe others, and in this case kids on the UND team. There is more ball to be played and injuries, defections may present opportunities for kids to play. However, those that have gone through spring, summer and fall camp have determined their place on the depth chart. That's not accomplished on message boards. I know most of the DBs on the team and think highly of all of them (all have strengths and things they can improve upon).

• Downvote 1

I am almost in agreement with siouxfan512...sounds like "CB Teacher" and "Nuffsaid" might be one in the same or have an axe to grind because of a special relationship with a kid that's not seen much playing time. It always makes me smile when people hide behind fake monikers to snipe others, and in this case kids on the UND team. There is more ball to be played and injuries, defections may present opportunities for kids to play. However, those that have gone through spring, summer and fall camp have determined their place on the depth chart. That's not accomplished on message boards. I know most of the DBs on the team and think highly of all of them (all have strengths and things they can improve upon).

After the comment about new posters, clutch. 1 post ever.

For the record I have spent months reading the board for info and entertainment purposes just to see whats going on with the UND football team. Some points are valid but some seem to have emotion tied to them, and while I may not always agree with a comment or thought, I do respect it. I just decided to chim in for the first time as I sit in my office at home hoping the injured can get back on the field and the team can find a way to get back in the win column. I don't come on to slander posters or players. I root for all kids on the roster. While I am at it, I honestly think Bartels played well after being thrust into action, last weekend, but I hope Studsrud is able to go real soon. I think we will need all hands on deck in going forward.

• Upvote 1

like to debate but thats a good answer j dub. 

Sad that a few guys on here over look that i agreed with them. And over looks nuffsaid saying harris and t carter would be the one to step up. A coupe of you has call chris carter out by name. So if im the one whos not pointing out the bad thing. I well your opinion on all the cb good and bad. And dont forget me saying that all the cb will do good. So please dont take my words out of content.  And at 50 years old i dont have any axe to grind . I said and always said i trust the coaches pick for any position. With that said please respect me wanting to see what everyone has to bring. And not just at Cb. I truly beleive in the coaching staff between all of them its probably more then a 100 years experience. And im not that qualified. 

As I sit here drinking my coffee and reading the blog, I am truly astonished at what I am reading.

Unless the Cornerback Teacher is a 59 year male named Andre Blast was fortunate enough to retire and relocate to Minnesota from Alexandria Virginia a little over 3 year ago because his wife was transferred, we are not the same person!  I became a UND fan because of my neighbors. One attended North Dakota State and the other the University of North Dakota.  I picked UND because they were the underdogs and I like pulling for the underdog.   

I find it really unfortunate that because I agree with someone that we have to be one in the same person or “have an axe to grind because of a special relationship with a kid that's not seen much playing time”. I agree with AFMSGT that there seems to emotion here but it’s not from me at least with regards to who plays or not. I don’t think that there are any standouts on team with the exception of the Kicker (who seems to nail it every time).

I have read this board for a while without bothering to sign up or chime in but the one time I do, it appears to be an issue (guess because I didn’t chime in prior my post are not creditable). I have read you guys go back and forth about which QB should play or which WR should get time, who should be in what position and how bad the secondary looked in the Idaho game but I guess because I’m new posting here, there has to be a motive behind my opinion REPREHENSIBLE!  I’m wondering at this point is there an ax to grind on that end? While I’m on my rant I think that if Reyes isn’t back, Flowers should get a chance as it appears that the Safety’s didn’t do too well in last game according to the statements posted. Having said that, don’t worry about me saying anything else since a difference of opinion is not excepted unless you’re a long time blogger.  Hope the rest of season pans out. I will still be watching the bad feed of the game and I’ll still root for you SILENTLY!

• Upvote 2

As I sit here drinking my coffee and reading the blog, I am truly astonished at what I am reading.

Unless the Cornerback Teacher is a 59 year male named Andre Blast was fortunate enough to retire and relocate to Minnesota from Alexandria Virginia a little over 3 year ago because his wife was transferred, we are not the same person!  I became a UND fan because of my neighbors. One attended North Dakota State and the other the University of North Dakota.  I picked UND because they were the underdogs and I like pulling for the underdog.   

I find it really unfortunate that because I agree with someone that we have to be one in the same person or “have an axe to grind because of a special relationship with a kid that's not seen much playing time”. I agree with AFMSGT that there seems to emotion here but it’s not from me at least with regards to who plays or not. I don’t think that there are any standouts on team with the exception of the Kicker (who seems to nail it every time).

I have read this board for a while without bothering to sign up or chime in but the one time I do, it appears to be an issue (guess because I didn’t chime in prior my post are not creditable). I have read you guys go back and forth about which QB should play or which WR should get time, who should be in what position and how bad the secondary looked in the Idaho game but I guess because I’m new posting here, there has to be a motive behind my opinion REPREHENSIBLE!  I’m wondering at this point is there an ax to grind on that end? While I’m on my rant I think that if Reyes isn’t back, Flowers should get a chance as it appears that the Safety’s didn’t do too well in last game according to the statements posted. Having said that, don’t worry about me saying anything else since a difference of opinion is not excepted unless you’re a long time blogger.  Hope the rest of season pans out. I will still be watching the bad feed of the game and I’ll still root for you SILENTLY!

Please feel free to keep posting. There will be haters everywhere. 

• Upvote 1

Take it easy, bro.  The similarities between the posts were uncanny and we have had a problem in the past with "relatives" coming on here and questioning why Little Junior isn't playing more.  

It's a message board about sports, nothing more.  Dumb sh*t is going to be said all the time.

I think an emphasis on getting to the QB will be critical on helping out our secondary situation in the coming weeks. As we know last week we got exposed, but to ISU's credit they did a great job of protecting the QB. I think we'll see ourselves getting back to Sack City really soon, and in turn helping out the coverage. Looking at Weber I really hope the guys took it to heart that last year they stomped on us at the Al and we return the favor this year in Ogden. It is a favorable matchup for UND and I want to see a bounce back game for us and pick the momentum back up in the UND faithful as we make a run at this damn thing!

What is this . . . my second post I think?  Let's all just agree that nothing on this board will be (or should be) taken into consideration by anyone of importance.  Good god, and if it were, what kind of coaching staff would that make for!!??

Anyway, I think UND shows up for games better on the road for some reason.  Maybe they concentrate and focus just a bit more before the games without all of the "family in town, girlfriend, party the night before" distractions.

I have a feeling UND will put up the good fight this weekend at Weber State.