SiouxSports.com Forum

GO WILD

Fetch

53 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I want to go to a professional hockey game sometime. Looks like a lot of fun. Not a cheap experience though

It’s worth the experience, IMO. 
Tips: 

Go to a rivalry game or a Playoff game. (Went to a Wild vs Blackhawks game a while back.  It was loud.)
Get your favorite seats in the house.  
Look at resale, with buyer protections.  Or if you’re a student, watch for same day rush sales. 

Consider midweek as more season ticket holders sell off midweek games. 

Go early for warmups and you may get someone to flip you a puck. Plus watching the skill drills is also fun. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I want to go to a professional hockey game sometime. Looks like a lot of fun. Not a cheap experience though

There’s nothing like it in my book. Yes it can be a bit spendy but to me it’s well worth it. I’ve probably been to 50 or so pro games. Definitely need to get to St Paul this season once my coaching duties are done 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

There’s nothing like it in my book. Yes it can be a bit spendy but to me it’s well worth it. I’ve probably been to 50 or so pro games. Definitely need to get to St Paul this season once my coaching duties are done 

Other than the obvious fact that the seating capacity is more then the Ralph, and you’re in St. Paul - I felt it to be an underwhelming experience overall compared to game day in Grand Forks/The Ralph. Idk. 

2 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

Other than the obvious fact that the seating capacity is more then the Ralph, and you’re in St. Paul - I felt it to be an underwhelming experience overall compared to game day in Grand Forks/The Ralph. Idk. 

No doubt I’ve been to some snoozers just like at the Ralph on occasion 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Folks were wondering why SEA wasn't doing like VGK did at their expansion draft and collect picks like seashells on the beach. 

Seems SEA was just biding their time. 

They have 32 picks over the next three drafts (normal is 21). They have FOUR second rounders in the 2022 draft right now. 

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/kraken 

CHI: 2022 2nd round pick (MIN) [Conditional]*
*Conditions: The pick upgrades to a 2022 1st if Minnesota reaches the Western Conference Final and Fleury has at least 4 wins in first two rounds.

MIN: MAF for $3.5M (CHI retains $3.5M) 

https://www.capfriendly.com/trades 

Fleury has been traded at basement rates for a HOF'er twice in a year. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Somebody may want to tell the Wild it’s a 60 minute game not 40. If they do bow out in the first round I can see Guerin dealing Dumba, Fiala, and possibly Spurgeon this off season and bringing up the young guys since Parise’s and Suter’s contract will once again go against the cap