SiouxSports.com Forum

GO WILD

Fetch

3 hours ago, Goon said:

And their season ends this week. What I am saying is, the Wild have a lot of work to do if they’re going to get to the level where they’re a Cup contender. Look what Vegas did to the Avs. You could make the argument they’re not even to the Islanders level. 

...and this Vegas team has their hands full with a team that has some old castoffs, that plays a defensive system and are in the mix for a cup.  They and the Islanders are Cup contenders if they’ve come this far. 

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, sioux rube said:

This was all agent driven 

Please, please, PLEASE dont be the still naive MN sports fan?... 

You should know better, everyone should know better.

NO, the russian kid does not want to be in MN, nobody wants to be in MN. 

He didnt come until he could do a short entry level, he signed this contract to get out after five miseable years of futile failure... but really four and a half cause he'll get a trade to a contender then.

Of course its an Agent driven deal, he's got a decent agent, who will get him out of MN asap.

5 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Please, please, PLEASE dont be the still naive MN sports fan?... 

You should know better, everyone should know better.

NO, the russian kid does not want to be in MN, nobody wants to be in MN. 

He didnt come until he could do a short entry level, he signed this contract to get out after five miseable years of futile failure... but really four and a half cause he'll get a trade to a contender then.

Of course its an Agent driven deal, he's got a decent agent, who will get him out of MN asap.

So you hate the Wild I take it 

4 hours ago, sioux rube said:

So you hate the Wild I take it 

My eyes were opened to the perpetual disease that is MN sports many years ago, it was like a giant light was shown as to what it was... years of blindness suddenly gone and I could see..

I have no hate, just a desire to preach to those still afflicted with their eternal damnation of unrealizable hope. 

8 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

My eyes were opened to the perpetual disease that is MN sports many years ago, it was like a giant light was shown as to what it was... years of blindness suddenly gone and I could see..

I have no hate, just a desire to preach to those still afflicted with their eternal damnation of unrealizable hope. 

Believe me being a Minnesota pro sports fan my entire life I know the pain but like  many of us I still support the teams minus the t pups. NBA doesn’t exist in our house. No doubt Minnesota is loserville USA 

2 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Believe me being a Minnesota pro sports fan my entire life I know the pain but like  many of us I still support the teams minus the t pups. NBA doesn’t exist in our house. No doubt Minnesota is loserville USA 

There is hope for you yet! I will preach the gospel of redemption...

Denying the existence of the t-dogs is step one. Its easy to do, nobody. ares and they've always been crap.

I'll admit it gets difficult from there... just stop paying attention to the summer team, its tough, keep that comfortable TC hat for now, its ok to just hang onto it, but dont stop at the nightly drubbing on tv and keep them off the radio too, tougher If you farm, its easy to tune in and listen to something thats even more pathetic than the drought stricken crops in front of you. Stop paying attention awhile and you find yourself not knowing who any of them are not as interested. It takes time, the TC hat will be the last thing to go.

The football team, this takes help and understanding the pain of the past, why it happenes and the breakthrough comes when you know it will happen again. Then you start hearing the excuses that others make and realizing you had been making them yourself. You dont want to live like that anymore. So you need to take up fall hiking or hunting or anything that keeps you away from the TV.  As you get back to reality or turn on the radio you find out the fumbled and lost or of course, missed the fg... you smirk and laugh inside with the comfort knowing rhat the old you would have been gnashing teeth in anguish.

You are almost free now, you have more time on weekends, your relationships are better, you save money on purple gear. It is an existential experience once you know you are free.

After this the hockey team is easy to see through and the only interest you have is who they play or the former Sioux passing through the roster, whichbis easier ad they have never drafted Sioux commit or alum.

Now its time to remeber and realize you dont care about the twinkies anymore and you find yourself not even reaching for that comfortable old TC hat.

You are free. Rejoice...

Now..... if you had ever been invested in the any of the UMtc teams..... well none of this applies, you're too stupid to save and there is no hope. Good luck in your life.

20 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

After this the hockey team is easy to see through and the only interest you have is who they play or the former Sioux passing through the roster, whichbis easier ad they have never drafted Sioux commit or alum..

They just did this year - Nate Benoit.
The previous incarnation of the North Stars had one or two but that was obviously a long time ago.

23 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

There is hope for you yet! I will preach the gospel of redemption...

Denying the existence of the t-dogs is step one. Its easy to do, nobody. ares and they've always been crap.

I'll admit it gets difficult from there... just stop paying attention to the summer team, its tough, keep that comfortable TC hat for now, its ok to just hang onto it, but dont stop at the nightly drubbing on tv and keep them off the radio too, tougher If you farm, its easy to tune in and listen to something thats even more pathetic than the drought stricken crops in front of you. Stop paying attention awhile and you find yourself not knowing who any of them are not as interested. It takes time, the TC hat will be the last thing to go.

The football team, this takes help and understanding the pain of the past, why it happenes and the breakthrough comes when you know it will happen again. Then you start hearing the excuses that others make and realizing you had been making them yourself. You dont want to live like that anymore. So you need to take up fall hiking or hunting or anything that keeps you away from the TV.  As you get back to reality or turn on the radio you find out the fumbled and lost or of course, missed the fg... you smirk and laugh inside with the comfort knowing rhat the old you would have been gnashing teeth in anguish.

You are almost free now, you have more time on weekends, your relationships are better, you save money on purple gear. It is an existential experience once you know you are free.

After this the hockey team is easy to see through and the only interest you have is who they play or the former Sioux passing through the roster, whichbis easier ad they have never drafted Sioux commit or alum.

Now its time to remeber and realize you dont care about the twinkies anymore and you find yourself not even reaching for that comfortable old TC hat.

You are free. Rejoice...

Now..... if you had ever been invested in the any of the UMtc teams..... well none of this applies, you're too stupid to save and there is no hope. Good luck in your life.

Let you in on something. I don’t take the results of a sporting event to seriously like I did in my younger years. Not good for my health in my later years. I still coach hockey and have for nearly 40 years now and kids I coached way back then would not believe how I’ve mellowed now 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Let you in on something. I don’t take the results of a sporting event to seriously like I did in my younger years. Not good for my health in my later years. I still coach hockey and have for nearly 40 years now and kids I coached way back then would not believe how I’ve mellowed now 

Isnt that the truth!

Crazy to look back and realize how much effort was wasted on worrying about sports results.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Make that 6 wins in a row for the Wild and ending the Leafs 5 game winning streak with a 4-3 shootout win

Great game to be at last night.  I really thought the Wild were in trouble after not converting on the 1:45 5x3 advantage.  Great win.