SiouxSports.com Forum

Thanks Hockey coaches

Fetch

For having this team ready to play this new season 

I'm tired of slow starts & hope u can keep the team developing all season

It would be wonderful to have a season where we start strong & get better till the end

I think this team can do that

We need a azz kicking year

• Upvote 1

For having this team ready to play this new season 

I'm tired of slow starts & hope u can keep the team developing all season

It would be wonderful to have a season where we start strong & get better till the end

I think this team can do that

We need a azz kicking year

To be fair, they got off to a pretty good start last year, which propelled them to a #1 seed.  I think with so many freshmen and an unproven goalie situation, it may be a lot more difficult this year.  Hope it doesn't become the kind of circumstance where you don't have any room for error the second half, which has happened to us a few times, because you don't know if you have the character you had in the past.  Time will tell. 

Before we run off counting chickens, what about that 6-1 drubbing Bemidji laid on Manitoba Saturday?  

We sweep the next 4 games, I'll start counting chickens...at least the first 4.  :-)

Not trying to be Donnie Downer, but rather, a realist.  Consider the competition.

Edited by 808287

Before we run off counting chickens, what about that 6-1 drubbing Bemidji laid on Manitoba Saturday?  

We sweep the next 4 games, I'll start counting chickens...at least the first 4.  :-)

Not trying to be Donnie Downer, but rather, a realist.  Consider the competition.

to me, it's not about comparing our score vs Bemidji's. We haven't dominated Manitoba like that in a looong time.

Last year, we won a lot of games, but let's be honest. How many times can we say we flat out dominated an opponent? I remember a lot of 1 goal games we pulled out. So if this game is a preview of what is to come, that is something to look forward to. 

All I have to say about your comment is....56 shots on net!

All I have to say about your comment is....56 shots on net!

I really like Shaw's new direction for the power play based on getting as many shots to the net as possible.  I'm sure there are stipulations to that, but if they can get it done I think you see more shots per game and hopefully more goals. Call it the Brandon Bochenski/Zach Parise philosophy.  I'm sure those two playing together helped confirm its effectiveness.

Edited by tnt

to me, it's not about comparing our score vs Bemidji's. We haven't dominated Manitoba like that in a looong time.

Last year, we won a lot of games, but let's be honest. How many times can we say we flat out dominated an opponent? I remember a lot of 1 goal games we pulled out. So if this game is a preview of what is to come, that is something to look forward to. 

I remember one specifically where we dominated the 2015 National Champoins 6-1 :)

If u can't see the differences in this team then u have not been paying attention the last several if not more years

Oh, I see differences. I see a big question mark in the blue paint. That's a massive difference. I see lots of freshman forwards who've played one, no pressure game together versus a team full of experienced upperclassmen who knew how to get to the post-season. That's a difference. I see a team willing to put up 56 shots ... in an exhibition. (Note: Hak's team put up 51 in the Oct 2008 exhibition and 49 in the Oct 2005 exhibition.) 

The same would be a mobile, jump into the offense, yet responsible in their own end defensive group. 

I guess I'd like a little more run time on this group before anointing them. Their first test is Maine in Alfond. That's not a nice place to play if you're not wearing Black Bear blue. 

Oh, I see differences. I see a big question mark in the blue paint. That's a massive difference. I see lots of freshman forwards who've played one, no pressure game together versus a team full of experienced upperclassmen who knew how to get to the post-season. That's a difference. I see a team willing to put up 56 shots ... in an exhibition. (Note: Hak's team put up 51 in the Oct 2008 exhibition and 49 in the Oct 2005 exhibition.) 

The same would be a mobile, jump into the offense, yet responsible in their own end defensive group. 

I guess I'd like a little more run time on this group before anointing them. Their first test is Maine in Cumberland County Civic Center (Portland) .  That's not a nice place to play if you're not wearing Black Bear blue. 

FYP, they're playing in Portland, ME, not Alfond. http://collegehockeyinc.com/ice-breaker But you make an excellent point.

I guess I'd like a little more run time on this group before anointing them. Their first test is Maine in Alfond. That's not a nice place to play if you're not wearing Black Bear blue. 

We'll see how he responds at the slightest poor performance.