SiouxSports.com Forum

AHL Exhibition at the Ralph, October 2

NoiseInsideMyHead

I'm serious where has this been advertised? 

It blew up on Twitter shortly after it was announced (right around when tix went on sale in early August).  If you were on Ticketmaster and searched GF or the Ralph, you would have seen it.  It got a brief mention on here (mis-classified in the UND Sports - Other forum, as I recall).  And it's been prominently featured at theralph.com.

But in light of the crappy ticket sales, I would agree with anyone who says that the REA has taken a dump on marketing.

Anyone have a link to this ?

http://www.theralph.com/events/detail/ahl-preseason-game

Sorry been trying to log in all afternoon, i always browse but never post as I had forgotten my password and didn't use the Forgot password link till now.

I bought my tickets for row 2 along Wild double attack blueline at student rate. There has been very little promotion for this and there is no reason this game shouldn't atleast have the lower bowl full. Glass seats are only $30 for students and I believe everyone.

WPG v. MIN would sell.

MAN v. IOWA ... not so much. There may be a better game on that same ice the next night ... ;) 

And then you realize that you live in Fly Speck, USA -- the gazillionth largest media market in the country, and people who book events actually pay attention to these things, and entertainment opportunities will continue to pass you by.  This is Grand Forks' fate, some of which is self-imposed.  People need to turn out for stuff, period.

And then you realize that you live in Fly Speck, USA -- the gazillionth largest media market in the country, and people who book events actually pay attention to these things, and entertainment opportunities will continue to pass you by.  This is Grand Forks' fate, some of which is self-imposed.  People need to turn out for stuff, period.

Dramatic

• Upvote 1

I'm actually going to the game in Fargo on Saturday night.  Will be a number of guys on the ice who are going to spend plenty of time in the NHL, and I'm anxious to watch.  Bought the same seats as I have for the Force, so the difference in the game should be very interesting!

I get that a lot of people will go to HS football on Friday when this game is at the Ralph, and people like me will take the opportunity to see it locally instead of dropping an extra $80 (gas and dinner) to go to GF, but I would still have expected there to be a decent turnout for this caliber of game. :shrug:

REA has announced its first ever Green-Out for Friday night.  According to General Manager Jody Hodgson, "Our number one sellers at the Sioux Shop this week have been officially licensed plain, dark green shirts and pants. We're really excited about Friday's exhibition game, and we know that our leather-clad hockey fans are, too. I can't wait to see them pack the arena."

Updated seat map:  http://www.ticketmaster.com/manitoba-moose-vs-iowa-wild-grand-forks-north-dakota-10-02-2015/event/06004EFF84522E37?artistid=806590&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=9&tm_link=search_msg-0_06004EFF84522E37

How many seats have been sold for the AHL game at Scheels?    When you've had professional games here in the past, it is kind of tough to get up for an AHL game.  Even the NHL teams don't play their stars much, unless they were tied to the region.  

I think they expected more fans to want to go to these if they had 2 games within an hour of each other. Smarter move may have been Grand Forks, and Sioux Falls. That way there was more reason to attend Fridays game as people wouldn't be able to drive an hour on saturday to see them. Instead Friday night will be High School football for many fans. That and even the social media posts haven't gotten very far in promoting. I follow both rinks, as well as IA and MN wild pages and don't even see anything on my news feed except from Scheels Arena sponsored post.

The Radio also didn't cover it much from what I hear, the one I spoke to said its hard to promote games if there isn't anything to give away. Giveaways make promotions fun and more than just a paid Ad is what I was told.

I attended this game with my daughter and sat next to Sprig, it was a lot of fun to get out of the house and see some hockey. Scored some tickets from my buddy who's firm has a suite. I would be nice to see them do a two game event in the future.