NORTH DAKOTA vs. Manitoba - Exh Sat 7:07

AZSIOUX

Let the lineup speculation begin:

Cagguila Schmaltz Pogo

Johnson Boeser Chyzyk

Simonson Gersich Janatuinen

Wilkie Olson Gardner

Sanderson

Not even gonna try with D since I'd have to look up righty or lefty for everyone, but if I recall correctly it's not a 4/4 split

Caggs - Schmaltz - Pogo

Chyz - Johnson - Boeser

Gersich - Simo - Olson

Janatuinen - Rhett G. (will be St. Clair) - Wilkie

Sanderson

Ladue - Thompson

Stecher - Ausmus

Poolman - Wolanin

Shaw

PP1

Caggs  - Schmaltz - Boeser

Ladue - Thompson

PP2

Pogo - Johnson - Wilkie (I could see Simo or Gersich fit in here somewhere)

Stecher - Poolman

I'm thinking Boeser will start with Schmaltz to see if they have chemistry.  Interested to see where Janatuinen fits into the lineup.  Could he be one that Schlossman said may surprise some people, or will he be fighting to get ice time with Gornall, Sanderson and possibly Gardner?

Edited by tnt
  • Upvote 2

Freashman typically take half a year to develop and the staff is loyal to upperclassmen..

caggula  Schmaltz  LJ

Pogo   Simo  Olson

Chyzk   St Clair   Boeser

Wilkie   Gersich  Juntinen

The Brad Berry era has begun 

look forward to seeing all new guys and styles 

vs. Manitoba, Saturday 7:07 @theralph

I'm thinking Boeser will start with Schmaltz to see if they have chemistry.  Interested to see where Janatuinen fits into the lineup.  Could he be one that Schlossman said may surprise some people, or will he be fighting to get ice time with Gornall, Sanderson and possibly Gardner?

I think you're right, they should put Schmaltz with Boeser, playmaker with scorer. Dont know about the other lines but that first line should be Schmaltz Caggiula and Boeser if Boeser is as good as we're all hoping

GO SIOUX!!!

I agree. I don't think we can pass on seeing Boeser and Schmaltz together. Especially in an exhibition. 

I say we load up that top line... Drake-Schmaltz-Boeser.

I'll completely understand if we move Drake off that line to get more scoring depth, but I think Schmaltz and Boeser have to start together just on potential alone.

I agree. I don't think we can pass on seeing Boeser and Schmaltz together. Especially in an exhibition. 

I say we load up that top line... Drake-Schmaltz-Boeser.

I'll completely understand if we move Drake off that line to get more scoring depth, but I think Schmaltz and Boeser have to start together just on potential alone.

I get it and I wouldn't be shocked if boeser and schmaltz were together. My thought process was that this year more than other years these guys need to be very responsible in their own end. Drake is solid defensively and has been around a while, Boeser is also known to play good in his own end. I was more trying to split those two up. There has to be at least two guys on each of the top two lines that can be responsible defensively. Schmaltz has never been a stud when it comes to playing defense so that has to be covered up. I would have put Wilkie higher but I've heard the same things with him, he doesn't care too much about the other side of the game. We'll see. Loading up the top line is fun to watch and they definitely will on the PP however those other three lines better be dang good for them to be able to do that.

Edited by scpa0305

Blais wasn't UND blood either.  Every now and again the gene pool needs some new chromosomes.  

Not too sure that gfhockey is going to understand this, as I'm pretty sure his family tree doesn't branch out at all...it goes straight up.  And since the Shaw hiring caught him and his boys completely off guard, he's going to find any and all excuses to make Shaw his scapegoat.

• Upvote 1

I can see why they got all new banners in 2001 when the Ralph opened.  The logo was brand new and they wanted to show it off.  But I always thought it would be pretty sweet to display the logo that the hockey team used at the time they won the championship being displayed.  Especially now since there will be a lonely interlocking ND among the others displayed.  

yeah, it looks uniform with all of the Brien logos... It would be cool to see that, however it might look a little hodge podge with all different logos. They did that at the Betty and it doesn't look very good...

yeah, it looks uniform with all of the Brien logos... It would be cool to see that, however it might look a little hodge podge with all different logos. They did that at the Betty and it doesn't look very good...

Guessing that is partially because it looks like they used some of the original banners instead of creating new, uniform ones with that had the different logos. 

• Upvote 1

Let the lineup speculation begin:

Cagguila Schmaltz Pogo

Johnson Boeser Chyzyk

Simonson Gersich Janatuinen

Wilkie Olson Gardner

Sanderson

Not even gonna try with D since I'd have to look up righty or lefty for everyone, but if I recall correctly it's not a 4/4 split

Gersich-Caggiula-Johnson
Chyzk-Schmaltz-Boeser
Janatuinen/Gardner-St.Clair-Poganski
Wilkie-Simonson-Olson

Ausmus-Stecher
Thompson-LaDue
Shaw/Wolanin-Poolman

Johnson
Tomek
Hrynkiw

EX:Sanderson, Gornall, Chartrand

Gersich-Caggiula-JohnsonChyzk-Schmaltz-Boeser
Wilkie-Simonson-Olson

Ausmus-Stecher
Thompson-LaDue
Shaw/Wolanin-Poolman

Johnson
Tomek
Hrynkiw

Think you got the defence down

Forwards i would go:

Schmaltz-Caggiula-Boeser

Gersich-LJ-Pogo

Wilkie-Simonson-Chyzyk

Janatuinen/Gardner-St.Clair-Olson

Wasnt really thinking about shooting left or right so i could be wrong

Think you got the defence down

Forwards i would go:

Schmaltz-Caggiula-Boeser

Gersich-LJ-Pogo

Wilkie-Simonson-Chyzyk

Janatuinen/Gardner-St.Clair-Olson

Wasnt really thinking about shooting left or right so i could be wrong

those first two look great on paper! Gersich has some speed from few times I saw him play on TV.  Is Gersich a possibility for wjt with nice first half. He was in the program. Or just Boeser, schmaltz and Tomek?

Haven't seen janatuinen anyone know what type of game the kid has? I know he can score along with Boeser Wilkie and Gersich form last years ushl stats.

Edited by AZSIOUX

Gersich-Caggiula-JohnsonChyzk-Schmaltz-Boeser
Wilkie-Simonson-Olson

Ausmus-Stecher
Thompson-LaDue
Shaw/Wolanin-Poolman

Johnson
Tomek
Hrynkiw

Defense is locked down.  I actually like that top 6 you have.  I would probably move Simo up to center the third line and st. clair center the 4th.  Olson may beat out the Finnish kid too but you never know.  I also think Pogo may push for a top 6 role this year, we'll see.  On this flip side, Pogo with Simo and Olson may be a dang good third line.  The fourth would then be Joel-St. Clair-Wilkie.  There you go :)

Edited by scpa0305

Cagguila-Johnson-Wilkie

Boeser-Schmaltz-Poganski

Chyzyk-St. Clair-Gersich

Janatuinen-Olson-Simo

Poolman-Stetcher

Thompson-Ladue

Ausmus-Shaw

Reasoning:

1st line- I like the thought of pairing 2 of our known commodities with an incoming frosh in Wilkie.  From the reports I've seen on Wilkie it seems like he has a ton of talent to match with speed.  His one knock is inconsistent effort level.  I think we match him up with the two solid vets and they don't allow him to do anything except go all out.

2nd line- My favorite line as it has a little bit of everything.  Boeser is the shooter, Schmaltz is the playmaker, Poganski adds a bit of grit and has no qualms about going hard to the net and cleaning up some of the shots Boeser will be ripping.

3rd line- Chyzyk and St. Clair developed some good chemistry together.  I see no reason to break the two apart.  Throw in some scoring from Gersich and we have ourselves a strong effort line with some playmaking ability.

4th line- Honestly, just see what happens.

1st D Pairing- Love the thought of Poolman and Stetcher together.  Could be one of the most dangerous pairing in the nation.

2nd Pairing- See 1st pairing.  

3rd Pairing- Ausmus is a solid defender and el capitan.  Pair him with a freshman to mitigate some risk.

I get it and I wouldn't be shocked if boeser and schmaltz were together. My thought process was that this year more than other years these guys need to be very responsible in their own end. Drake is solid defensively and has been around a while, Boeser is also known to play good in his own end. I was more trying to split those two up. There has to be at least two guys on each of the top two lines that can be responsible defensively. Schmaltz has never been a stud when it comes to playing defense so that has to be covered up. I would have put Wilkie higher but I've heard the same things with him, he doesn't care too much about the other side of the game. We'll see. Loading up the top line is fun to watch and they definitely will on the PP however those other three lines better be dang good for them to be able to do that.

I don't disagree with anything you said, honestly. One thing is that I think we have a good enough D corps to make up for a lack of forward defense.

• Upvote 1

Cagguila-Johnson-Wilkie

Boeser-Schmaltz-Poganski

Chyzyk-St. Clair-Gersich

Janatuinen-Olson-Simo

Poolman-Stetcher

Thompson-Ladue

Ausmus-Shaw

Reasoning:

1st line- I like the thought of pairing 2 of our known commodities with an incoming frosh in Wilkie.  From the reports I've seen on Wilkie it seems like he has a ton of talent to match with speed.  His one knock is inconsistent effort level.  I think we match him up with the two solid vets and they don't allow him to do anything except go all out.

2nd line- My favorite line as it has a little bit of everything.  Boeser is the shooter, Schmaltz is the playmaker, Poganski adds a bit of grit and has no qualms about going hard to the net and cleaning up some of the shots Boeser will be ripping.

3rd line- Chyzyk and St. Clair developed some good chemistry together.  I see no reason to break the two apart.  Throw in some scoring from Gersich and we have ourselves a strong effort line with some playmaking ability.

4th line- Honestly, just see what happens.

1st D Pairing- Love the thought of Poolman and Stetcher together.  Could be one of the most dangerous pairing in the nation.

2nd Pairing- See 1st pairing.  

3rd Pairing- Ausmus is a solid defender and el capitan.  Pair him with a freshman to mitigate some risk.

I like your forward lines too. Wilkie's D game would be masked while playing with caggs and Johnson. the second line would be pretty lethal and pogo and boeser would keep things pretty locked down defensively. Nice work, your bottom six is really solid too. Ship these off to Bubs.

not sure on the D lines, stech and ausmus were awesome last year. Well see though. I would guess Wolanin starts out the year.

Edited by scpa0305