SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameday Thread

Dustin

What people watch is their own prerogative.  I also care about FCS football, which is lower level football.  NDSU's lower level football success is not comparable to UND's division 1 hockey success.  That is all.

not quite sure what success you are talking about. They haven't won anything since when again? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

That mentality hasn't stopped UND from having success against NDSU in football.  62-46-3.

That mentality, to a very large degree, did not exist until NDSU moved up and had sucess.

Congrats on the head to head record.      12 national championships to 1. That mentality is also the reason for that gigantic disparity, which at the end of the day, is the only thing that matters.

• Downvote 1

That mentality, to a very large degree, did not exist until NDSU moved up and had sucess.

Congrats on the head to head record.      12 national championships to 1. That mentality is also the reason for that gigantic disparity, which at the end of the day, is the only thing that matters.

Ohio State are the national champions.  Nice try though.

• Downvote 4

Hey UND fans, hope those of you that made the game had an enjoyable experience in Fargo. I mentioned that I would return and congratulate you if you were able to get a victory in the game yesterday, but we all know how things turned out. On that note, I will say that your run defense played pretty well yesterday, and I was really impressed with your linebackers Rich and Ratelle. I couldn't get over the physique of Ratelle, kid is built like a D tackle but runs like a safety...very good player. As far as things I'd discuss about the game have probably already been talked about a plenty so I won't add anything of my own. I feel pretty badly for the young man that got hurt, and as a Bison fan I really hope it wasn't an intention of the player to hurt him. I never played football but I've watched a lot of it and sometimes in the process of making a play things just don't go as planned and maybe you hit a guy where you weren't trying to. 

Not sure why 2011Bison feels the need to come over here and pile on. He really makes it tough for any Bison fan to come here and have genuine conversation and not be labeled as a troll. I had a UND fan and good friend of mine make a comment to me on Facebook this last week about sounding over confident in regards to the game, and I said it comes with the territory. I know that sounds cocky and arrogant, but how can you guys not relate at all to that, or understand that sort of attitude? I've said before that I pull for UND in hockey and have been to multiple Final 5's, road series in Duluth, and a lot of games at the Ralph. I understand the swagger you guys have with your hockey program, 7 time national champions, and that feeling that you'll be the best or at least a top 5 hockey team every year and that you're going to win every game you lace up the skates for. I'm not trying to argue or "spend to much time spouting off on a rival board on a Sunday", but I really wish sometimes that UND fans would quit confusing that confidence we have for our football team for anything other than just that. Anyway, I don't want to overstay my welcome and have said everything I wanted to. 

• Upvote 1

Hey UND fans, hope those of you that made the game had an enjoyable experience in Fargo. I mentioned that I would return and congratulate you if you were able to get a victory in the game yesterday, but we all know how things turned out. On that note, I will say that your run defense played pretty well yesterday, and I was really impressed with your linebackers Rich and Ratelle. I couldn't get over the physique of Ratelle, kid is built like a D tackle but runs like a safety...very good player. As far as things I'd discuss about the game have probably already been talked about a plenty so I won't add anything of my own. I feel pretty badly for the young man that got hurt, and as a Bison fan I really hope it wasn't an intention of the player to hurt him. I never played football but I've watched a lot of it and sometimes in the process of making a play things just don't go as planned and maybe you hit a guy where you weren't trying to. 

Not sure why 2011Bison feels the need to come over here and pile on. He really makes it tough for any Bison fan to come here and have genuine conversation and not be labeled as a troll. I had a UND fan and good friend of mine make a comment to me on Facebook this last week about sounding over confident in regards to the game, and I said it comes with the territory. I know that sounds cocky and arrogant, but how can you guys not relate at all to that, or understand that sort of attitude? I've said before that I pull for UND in hockey and have been to multiple Final 5's, road series in Duluth, and a lot of games at the Ralph. I understand the swagger you guys have with your hockey program, 7 time national champions, and that feeling that you'll be the best or at least a top 5 hockey team every year and that you're going to win every game you lace up the skates for. I'm not trying to argue or "spend to much time spouting off on a rival board on a Sunday", but I really wish sometimes that UND fans would quit confusing that confidence we have for our football team for anything other than just that. Anyway, I don't want to overstay my welcome and have said everything I wanted to. 

Good post.

It was Bison fans who started bringing up hockey in this thread, not me.  I'm sorry, but any time I hear Bison fans mock UND hockey relative to NDSU football, especially when they've raised the issue, I'm going to point out the fact that NDSU football, and even UND football for that matter, can and will never be able to compete with the elite competition (FBS)  in football whereas UND hockey has reached the pinnacle of competing against the elite competition (Division 1) in hockey on seven occasions. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Found the picture on twitter of the ZA injury:

CPXfvks_Us_AA_ZH.jpg

Also, went to Bisonville to see if they had any comments yet.  They are laughing it off.  Unreal.  

Pathetic Bush League play.  Cheap and dirty are being too kind.

• Upvote 1

And your HC whining in the paper this morning about how he got sick of hearing about UND's defense, which is way better than what it was two years ago, during the week leading up to the game was real low-class. So the media doesn't talk about the Bison 24/7/365 and totally ignore the team they are playing? Get over it! Is he going to do that during the MVFC season too ("I am really sick of hearing about what Northern Iowa brings to the table")? 

What quote of Klieman's are you referring to as low class?  If you're gonna be a sore loser, just re-read Schlossman and Miller's articles in the Herald from last week.  They will make you feel all warm inside

Edited by 2TRU4U

UND has a total of 29.........I'll repeat that TWENTY NINE....yards rushing in the last 2 games. Bubba Ball this is not. If this team can't manage a minimum of 75-80 ypg rushing in the BSC they have zero chance to win. The Cats ran 104 plays yesterday and gained 700+ yards............and LOST to EWU. The Griz will run 90+ plays every game. UND has to move the ball on the ground occasionally and get an occasional first down. This team shows limited ability to make plays thru the air. The UND D is decent....good for the BSC but no D can weather the storm of 80+ plays and 35+ minutes on the field every game. This offense for the last 2 seasons to date under Rudolph has been nothing less than a Sh*t Show and frankly that is being kind. Again someone rewatch the game yesterday and tell me how many different "plays" UND ran outside of switching some formations.

And to those beating their chests about supporting this team and calling out "fair weather fans"...........stop. This product called UND FB is so painful to watch in its current state, and for the last 8+ years, that if someone has something else that is at a minimum as important as supporting UND FB why wouldn't you pass on driving miles to GF to continue to watch this. Irish has seen more UND FB than me and to say in 40+ year this offense has produced the worst halves of FB he has seen say something.........say a lot. Bubba needs to grab the rest of this season by the nuts before it is completely lost and IMO that start with the play calling.  

It's only 6:45 am and I'm popping Lisinopril like Pez I'm so worked up typing this and I still have almost 11 hours til GB/SEA kick off............

Good post.

It was Bison fans who started bringing up hockey in this thread, not me.  I'm sorry, but any time I hear Bison fans mock UND hockey relative to NDSU football, especially when they've raised the issue, I'm going to point out the fact that NDSU football, and even UND football for that matter, can and will never be able to compete with the elite competition (FBS)  in football whereas UND hockey has reached the pinnacle of competing against the elite competition (Division 1) in hockey on seven occasions. 

I really don't like engaging in this discussion, UND hockey versus NDSU football, but since you quoted me I'll respond. I think you've misunderstood my post a bit. I simply brought up hockey because both of our fan bases have similarities in regards to confidence in the programs we support, and how sometimes that can be misconstrued as arrogance or cockiness. I was in no way implying that UND hockey and their championships are more of an achievement than any of the championships NDSU has won. We can agree to disagree on that subject and I won't continue to discuss it, because frankly it's a waste of time and energy, and the rest of the people reading this forum grow weary of it including me. 

What quote of Klieman's are you referring to as low class?  If you're gonna be a sore loser, just re-read Schlossman and Miller's articles in the Herald from last week.  They will make you feel all warm inside

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-football/3843011-college-football-ndsu-rolls-past-und-34-9-rival-game

You asked for it, you got it.

“We wanted to prove that we were the best defense out there and we sure as heck did that,” NDSU coach Chris Klieman said.

If dominating an inept offense with a leaky O-line and very young players at key skill positions makes Klieman all warm and fuzzy inside, then so be it. But you should have been dominant against our offense and you were. This remark was more about the media chatter about UND's defense, which actually has some talent and toughness on it after years of being Charmin-soft. If Klieman feels that insecure about the media not focusing entirely on his team, then he better brace himself for when the Bison play other playoff-caliber teams this season.

And as for feeling "all warm inside", you should feel that way if you read Wayne Nelson's column this morning:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-football/3843114-wayne-nelson-bring-bison-again

But Bubba would like a chance to measure his program’s progress every year against UND’s rival, which happens to be the king of the FCS -- a ruler that won’t be giving up power any time soon.

Based on this perspective, we might as well throw in the towel right now because the mighty Bison will be ruling the roost forever and a day. But the fact is nothing lasts forever and the day is coming when NDSU loses to UND in the playoffs. And I'll be enjoying every minute.