SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 NCAA Tournament: The General’s Bracket of Revenge

goalieheckler

One of the great leaders in Sioux hockey history will go down as the last captain to have played in a Sioux jersey. While Stephane Pattyn's time in the green and white is drawing to a close, the General’s legacy will live on. His last chance at a national title is here and now. This is his year. His revenge against his rivals starts tomorrow in my dream bracket, The General’s Bracket of Revenge.

Regional Semifinal: UND has not played Quinnipiac since 2006. The General has never seen a Bobcat. We’ll circle back to Round 1. I promise it’s worth it.

Regional Final: SCSU stole the first Penrose Cup from UND on the last night of the 2013-14 season and knocked UND from the NCHC tournament just a week ago. The General shall have his revenge over SCSU, his WCHA and NCHC “conference rival.”

Semifinal: Yale and Minnesota have knocked UND out of the NCAAs each of The General’s three years at UND. We could play either of them in our semifinal, but let’s face it, “.6” still rings in our ears. In his swan song, give us the Gophers and give The General his revenge.

Final: Denver won last year’s NCHC Tournament title and arguably serves as UND’s second biggest rival. They also kicked us while we were down last weekend in the NCHC consolation game. The winner of this championship game would move past the other for second all-time in NCAA hockey championships. (The Gophers are tied for fifth.) The General shall have his greatest revenge, take home college hockey’s biggest prize, and leave UND with a bright future.

So, how does The General's Revenge start in the Regional Semifinal? In 2011, Quinnipiac captain Matthew Peca was captain of the Pembroke (ON) Lumber Kings who won the national Junior ‘A’ RBC Cup in Canada. Even though they lost in the preliminary round to the Portage (MB) Terriers and were tied in the round robin standings, the Lumber Kings advanced to the next round on an uncommon tie breaker. The ousted Terriers’ captain and MVP: The General. Quinnipiac captain Peca ended The General’s Junior career. The General’s revenge starts with Quinnipiac, ending Peca’s college career.

*Thanks to Al Gore for inventing the internet, where hockey stats live forever.

*Eat your heart out, Dave Starman.

Best post I've seen on SS.com in a long while. Well played sir! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I25Wp6ZLk7Y

"My name is General Stephane Pattyn,
commander of the Hockey Army of the North,
General of the North Dakota Hockey Legions,
loyal servant to the true hockey empire, North Dakota.

Mentor to relentless teammates,
husband to a murdered logo.

And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." 
  • Upvote 3

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather crush BC in the final. But that doesn't fit with the General's Revenge :(

No but reminding bu of 1997 and the banishing the demons of last years non conference schedule will be a nice consolation.

Hopefully Kevan shea is no where near Boston

http://thehockeywriters.com/the-off-side/video-brendan-odonnell-slashing-penalty/