SiouxSports.com Forum

in Zane we trust

Fetch

Agreed.  The guy is a brick when his team plays well in front of him.  Capable of keeping us in any tight contest and flat out stealing one here and there.

Cortez and Pizarro burned their ships because they had guns and armor that the natives didn't have.  That gave them confidence and made the difference.

This team has Zano-Insano.

'Nuff said.

Agreed. The guy is a brick when his team plays well in front of him. Capable of keeping us in any tight contest and flat out stealing one here and there.

Cortez and Pizarro burned their ships because they had guns and armor that the natives didn't have. That gave them confidence and made the difference.

This team has Zano-Insano.

'Nuff said.

I really do believe we have yet to see the final level Zane can go to at UND. Special, special player. Last year's regional final was the start of something special and this year continued that. This tournament will be his legacy.

I've known Zane since he was a kid, coaching him in little league baseball. He's just a great person and has always worked harder than everyone around him. He's loved the Sioux since the day he picked up a hockey stick. It's in his blood. Cheers, bud. If this really is your last go in the Green and White, it's surely been a pleasure. Put this team on your back and take them to the promise land, young man!

I really do believe we have yet to see the final level Zane can go to at UND. Special, special player. Last year's regional final was the start of something special and this year continued that. This tournament will be his legacy.

I've known Zane since he was a kid, coaching him in little league baseball. He's just a great person and has always worked harder than everyone around him. Cheers, bud. If this really is your last go in the Green and White, it's surely been a pleasure. Put this team on your back and take them to the promise land, young man!

Zane, and the rest of the team. need to rediscover their mojo, after last weekend.  I'm not doubting that they can do it, exactly.  Certainly, the ability is there.  But, not many teams can just "Flip the switch" after bad performances.  That was what was so disturbing about last weekend.

Having said that, I hope the team can "dial it in" and play some inspired, energetic hockey from here on out.  They have been taught that they are not special unless they do exactly that.  Let's hope the lesson is learned, and the inspiration is back.

I've known Zane since he was a kid, coaching him in little league baseball. He's just a great person and has always worked harder than everyone around him. He's loved the Sioux since the day he picked up a hockey stick. It's in his blood. Cheers, bud. If this really is your last go in the Green and White, it's surely been a pleasure. Put this team on your back and take them to the promise land, young man!

If this is his final year, I'd love to see him post four straight shut outs.

• Upvote 1

Zane, and the rest of the team. need to rediscover their mojo, after last weekend. I'm not doubting that they can do it, exactly. Certainly, the ability is there. But, not many teams can just "Flip the switch" after bad performances. That was what was so disturbing about last weekend.

Having said that, I hope the team can "dial it in" and play some inspired, energetic hockey from here on out. They have been taught that they are not special unless they do exactly that. Let's hope the lesson is learned, and the inspiration is back.

I expect it with Zane being the catalyst. They're only one week removed from a good win on Friday and a gritty, dramatic sweep on Saturday. I have the faith that the boys will find it. Can't wait til Friday.

Hey I'm not saying goodbye I hope he returns big-time - if he wins it all & gets a big offer who can blame him - I do feel like he will be in the Show someday

I think he will, too. NHL goalies need to be good at two things, IMO ... Positioning and shot/rebound control. Zane is great at both. I hope he stays one more year so can become a UFA and NEVER play for Boston :p... Gonna be a treat to see this kid move on. Hopefully with a couple green banners in the rafters behind him :)

Remember its not just a "best player" award.

Exactly, it's also  a character award. Don't know anything about Eichel personally, but it's hard to imagine him beating Zane in this category. That's what cost Frattin the Hobey in 2011. Unquestionably the best player in the country, but too much baggage.

Unfortunately, I don't know if a video of Jack clearly drinking a Bud Light will even hinder the voters from giving him it.  Zane has done so much for the community and that elementary class that he visits.  But East coast bias may win out.  Lets just hope that Zane just sets up a brick wall and shuts out BU for the heck of it.