SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. DU - 3:30 Gameday

AZSIOUX

Cool story about the ships and all but wish it would have remained a team thing as it loses something when it gets in the hand of the masses. Just as likely to be fuel for the competition at this point. Sort of like the over the hill ladies with the .06 shirts, didn't look so awesome when Union was trying to skate around on the confetti

LOL...you can't poke fun of .6 t-shirts when I still see Holy Cross jerseys being worn around. That 15 minutes was up a LONG time ago.

withing 24 hours of the sioux losing this weekend or the next hadju will release his annual knicked up/broken/bruised hak excuse list....FIRCA be damed...

Hadju needs to learn that both teams play on bad ice.  All teams have injuries this time of year.  I understand that he is the SID, but I don't think his last name is Hartman, so quit being such a homer.  I had comments in this last weekends live chat about Zane not playing his best right now and that this isn't the time of the year for a goalie to go cold.  He was actually delusional about how Zane is performing.  Look at it, he gave up 5 goals against DU?  He has given up the odd angle goals which a goalie in the correct position doesn't give up.  Zane has been the glue for this team this year, but according to Hadju, he is the least of our concerns.  I am concerned.  

Hadju needs to learn that both teams play on bad ice. All teams have injuries this time of year. I understand that he is the SID, but I don't think his last name is Hartman, so quit being such a homer. I had comments in this last weekends live chat about Zane not playing his best right now and that this isn't the time of the year for a goalie to go cold. He was actually delusional about how Zane is performing. Look at it, he gave up 5 goals against DU? He has given up the odd angle goals which a goalie in the correct position doesn't give up. Zane has been the glue for this team this year, but according to Hadju, he is the least of our concerns. I am concerned.

Just curious... which of the 5 goals that Zane let in vs DU did you have an issue with?

Are you saying Hakstol isnt very good at motivating players?

Not at all.  I was simply saying that it appeared to me the team couldn't successfully execute basic hockey skills consistently.  Passes were slow and off the mark.  When passes were good they weren't being caught cleanly.  Shots were whiffed on.  Just basic execution skills were not being done.  If those aren't done you can't even get to doing the strategy part properly.  That is all I was saying.

There were also mental frequent mental errors.  Some of those may be motivational issues, I don't know.

Not at all.  I was simply saying that it appeared to me the team couldn't successfully execute basic hockey skills consistently.  Passes were slow and off the mark.  When passes were good they weren't being caught cleanly.  Shots were whiffed on.  Just basic execution skills were not being done.  If those aren't done you can't even get to doing the strategy part properly.  That is all I was saying.

There were also mental frequent mental errors.  Some of those may be motivational issues, I don't know.

Shouldn't these guys be able to execute basic hockey skills at the college level?  Isn't that something they teach in grade school?  And if all of the problems you pointed out are accurate (which I believe they are), then that means whatever they did in the week of practice leading up to the Frozen Faceoff didn't work.  If they had done what they did last year (rebound after a bad performance) I would feel better about this team right now.  But this is the absolute worst time of the year to start tanking it as a team.  I guess the proof will be in the pudding this weekend in Fargo.

LOL...you can't poke fun of .6 t-shirts when I still see Holy Cross jerseys being worn around. That 15 minutes was up a LONG time ago.

Losing to the #15 overall seed in a tournament that you expect to perform in on an annual basis is still way more significant than winning a game on a lucky one-in-a-million shot (this is the ONLY Frozen Four loss I will contribute to an "unlucky" bounce) with .6 seconds left in regulation.  Even if it was 9 years ago.

Just curious... which of the 5 goals that Zane let in vs DU did you have an issue with?

I had issue with goal number 4, I believe that was one that he was not far enough out of the net to cut the angle from the slot.  He is starting to play to deep in the net. Getting bigger is a huge part of the game.

I had issue with goal number 4, I believe that was one that he was not far enough out of the net to cut the angle from the slot. He is starting to play to deep in the net. Getting bigger is a huge part of the game.

The team hung him out to dry all game, one out of 5 goals does not concern me. What concerns me is allowing 20 shots in an opening period and expecting your goalie to stand on his head repeatedly.

Zane is not this team's issue, not even remotely. Best goalie statistically in UND history and per the hobey baker one of the top 10 players in the country. If we make a run at #8, it will be on the back of his performance similar to last year.

And the screws keep getting turned tighter, listen to the "through these doors" segments, these guys feel the fan pressure, are we the Toronto of cawledge hawkey? a grown man screaming at the players as they leave the ice is over the top ridiculous. Does a player perform better when they are playing with personal and team passion or for the dreams of someone that never laced up after HS? I wonder what the greatest fan base in cawledge hockey would be whining about if we hung one every other year?

• Upvote 2

withing 24 hours of the sioux losing this weekend or the next hadju will release his annual knicked up/broken/bruised hak excuse list....FIRCA be damed...

You're just making bulls*it up, at this point. It's AGAINST THE LAW to release any kind of "injury list"... that's never happened and it never will .... this nonsense has got to stop. We are essentially blaming the SID here. What are we doing?!

This stuff is just getting old.

And the screws keep getting turned tighter, listen to the "through these doors" segments, these guys feel the fan pressure, are we the Toronto of cawledge hawkey? a grown man screaming at the players as they leave the ice is over the top ridiculous. Does a player perform better when they are playing with personal and team passion or for the dreams of someone that never laced up after HS? I wonder what the greatest fan base in cawledge hockey would be whining about if we hung one every other year?

A+

The team hung him out to dry all game, one out of 5 goals does not concern me. What concerns me is allowing 20 shots in an opening period and expecting your goalie to stand on his head repeatedly.

Zane is not this team's issue, not even remotely. Best goalie statistically in UND history and per the hobey baker one of the top 10 players in the country. If we make a run at #8, it will be on the back of his performance similar to last year.

Written from obviously a true hockey mind!

Nice...

• Upvote 1

Losing to the #15 overall seed in a tournament that you expect to perform in on an annual basis is still way more significant than winning a game on a lucky one-in-a-million shot (this is the ONLY Frozen Four loss I will contribute to an "unlucky" bounce) with .6 seconds left in regulation.  Even if it was 9 years ago.

The difference is that .6 directly involved the Gophers beating UND while Holy Cross did not.   

Seth-Ambroz-Minnesota-Golden-Gophers-and

Holy Cross, while not vs the Sioux, took place in the REA, in front of a packed pro-sioux anti-gopher crowd. A venue that Lucia was quoted as saying, "a place where the gophers were comfortable playing". A venue that gopher fans still referred to as Marriuci West. Not to mention the multitude of online gopher fans warning us to not overlook Michigan if we intended to meet the gophers in the regional championship. Whoops. Being in that madhouse in person when the gophers lost was special and unforgettable to those of us there. The Sioux loss to BC a week later paled in comparison.
  • Upvote 2

You're just making bulls*it up, at this point. It's AGAINST THE LAW to release any kind of "injury list"... that's never happened and it never will .... this nonsense has got to stop. We are essentially blaming the SID here. What are we doing?!

This stuff is just getting old.

just saying that hajdu is such a hak apoligist that when hak's teams flame out he is the first person in line to say that this guy was playing with a seperated shoulder for two months, this guy had a broken hand for the last five games, and this guy had two torn acl's in his left knee.....

least he could do is just say we ran into a "hot goalie" again?

• Upvote 2

just saying that hajdu is such a hak apoligist that when hak's teams flame out he is the first person in line to say that this guy was playing with a seperated shoulder for two months, this guy had a broken hand for the last five games, and this guy had two torn acl's in his left knee.....

least he could do is just say we ran into a "hot goalie" again?

I believe the injury stuff usually comes from Schlossman not Hajdu and that is part of his job. I don't look at as an excuse and I'm always very interested to see what exactly guys have been playing through.