SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. ST. CLOUD STATE - Fri @ 4:08

The Exiled One

So no one can post anything negative? Especially when the squad played terrible?

No I don't care about posting some negative stuff but the typical playoff effort and we have no chance to win a championship now and stuff like that is just ridiculous. The squad wasn't terrible at all today either they dominated puck possession and had a bad last minute of the 1st period. They needed to get more shots on net and play more aggressive to get to the middle of the ice more but it wasn't the horrible nobody showed up effort some people are making it out to be.

• Upvote 1

No I don't care about posting some negative stuff but the typical playoff effort and we have no chance to win a championship now and stuff like that is just ridiculous. The squad wasn't terrible at all today either they dominated puck possession and had a bad last minute of the 1st period. They needed to get more shots on net and play more aggressive to get to the middle of the ice more but it wasn't the horrible nobody showed up effort some people are making it out to be.

I question what game you watched. The guys played very bad today. It it what it is. But let's be honest.

Outcoached is not the correct word.  We had our chances and missed a couple of open net opportunities.  I'm sure Poolman is still kicking himself for his whiff. 

That said, this team got scored on late in the first and it seems they failed to heed the lesson of many Sioux teams past...if the clock is tickin' there's still time to score.  It's high time we turn that trend around and start shoving in last second goals of our own.

I question what game you watched. The guys played very bad today. It it what it is. But let's be honest.

I guess we must have watched a different game than. I thought the effort was fine today except on the powerplay where I did think the guys got kinda lazy on those opportunities. The connection was a little bit off today and we were a little sloppy at times and a big part of that was due to the crappy ice conditions but that went for both teams. Biggest issue was not getting the puck to the net we dominated puck possession and we were the better team most of the game.

Brainstorming here.... but everyone I ask agrees...the nchc should opt out of our shifty target center contract and move this tournament to Denver. Thoughts?

I agree on getting out of Target Center but wouldn't move it to Denver. Ideally the NCHC and Xcel would get together but if that wasn't available I would probably opt for a rotation between Grand Forks, Omaha, and Denver since those arenas probably could handle the crowds the best.

I agree on getting out of Target Center but wouldn't move it to Denver. Ideally the NCHC and Xcel would get together but if that wasn't available I would probably opt for a rotation between Grand Forks, Omaha, and Denver since those arenas probably could handle the crowds the best.

Colorado College has a bigger arena. Doesn't Omaha host a NCAA regional every year for basketball?

Colorado College has a bigger arena. Doesn't Omaha host a NCAA regional every year for basketball?

That would be Olympic ice though so I don't know if they would want to do that or not. Seems like Omaha does host a couple rounds quite often would the new arena be big enough to host there?

Brainstorming here.... but everyone I ask agrees...the nchc should opt out of our shifty target center contract and move this tournament to Denver. Thoughts?

The Kroenke's own the Pepsi Center and own the two team that play there (Avs and Nuggets).

This is just stupid - what the f ()ch r u talking about. The ice had absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of this ice hockey game

The ice was horrible but it didn't factor in like on only one horrible game deciding bounce for either team it was just bad all around for the whole game and both teams.

Mmmm. Bs. We got beat by a simple trap.

We got beat because we didn't get enough pucks to the net despite plenty of zone time, a bad minute or so at the end of the 1st period, and not being able to capitalize on some very good chances like Johnson walking in alone and Poolman not being able to finish when Lindgren got caught out of the net.