SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament

Hard to believe Bo Ryan didn't get a division I coaching job until he was 51.

So Big 10 Wisconsin has the guts to hire a guy whose success was primarily at UW-Platteville (along with two seasons at UW-Milwaukee) but North Dakota shouldn't be remotely interested in some guy from Moorhead to take over for Brian Jones because of a lack of D1 experience? 

• Upvote 1

So Big 10 Wisconsin has the guts to hire a guy whose success was primarily at UW-Platteville (along with two seasons at UW-Milwaukee) but North Dakota shouldn't be remotely interested in some guy from Moorhead to take over for Brian Jones because of a lack of D1 experience? 

Welcome to Faisonland! ???  :crazy:  :angry:

So Big 10 Wisconsin has the guts to hire a guy whose success was primarily at UW-Platteville (along with two seasons at UW-Milwaukee) but North Dakota shouldn't be remotely interested in some guy from Moorhead to take over for Brian Jones because of a lack of D1 experience?

Honest question, who has said UND isn't interested?

Is it possible they are interested and haven't told anyone? Yes.

Is it very likely? No.

I think that is what MafiaMan was getting at.

Well it'd be pretty dumb to publicly acknowledge you're have interest interest in another coach if you are bringing back your current head coach but it doesn't mean you aren't paying attention to what's out there, especially 75 miles away. You're talking about two separate arguments. I'd guess if someone ponied up the cash to buyout Jones, Walthall would be on the short list. Just because that didn't happen doesn't mean UND has no interest if the job were to come open, say next year. .

A rematch from December 2nd. Duke shot 65% from last the field and won by 10.

Frank vs Okafor

Dekker vs Winslow

K gets his 5th. Duke by 7

Winslow is the best talent I have seen play in this whole tournament. If...oops...when he gets another double double on Monday Duke is the NC.

...........and I can't stand Duke.

http://deadspin.com/kentuckys-andrew-harrison-on-frank-kaminsky-!@#$-that-1695776906

Oh boy. Anyone else expect Kentucky's school president to expel Andrew Harrison from school first thing Monday morning?

Yea, me either.

Will any of the half dozen or so players expected to declare for the NBA show up on campus again this year?

On another note, Kentucky high school basketball must not be very good, since despite having a population of 4.4 million, none are apparently good enough to see the floor for Calipari. I think Pitino only had one at Louisville.

I've been in awe of Kaminsky ever since watching him destroyed UND from the inside and outside last season.

He might be the most improved player I've ever seen from what he was when he arrived at Wisconsin, to what he's been the past two years. Ryan seems to have a way of finding/developing under-the-radar types into stars.

He might be the most improved player I've ever seen from what he was when he arrived at Wisconsin, to what he's been the past two years. Ryan seems to have a way of finding/developing under-the-radar types into stars.

He coaches fundamental basketball. Something missing from most teams in today's game.

He coaches fundamental basketball. Something missing from most teams in today's game.

THIS^^^^

That and he values every possession. However, they have become a more up-tempo team to go along with their great defense.

They have become a fun team to watch, I hate to admit.  Duke vs Wisconsin, my worst nightmare. Here's hoping for another good game Monday.

THIS^^^^

That and he values every possession. However, they have become a more up-tempo team to go along with their great defense.

They have become a fun team to watch, I hate to admit.  Duke vs Wisconsin, my worst nightmare. Here's hoping for another good game Monday.

Duke vs Wisconsin...I think I'll just root for the arena to implode on Monday night. 

• Upvote 1

THIS^^^^

I thought I saw Wis averaged like 7.5 turnovers per game this season (incredibly had just 1 in a game vs Iowa), which is very disciplined hoops.  And to think Bo Ryan did not start coaching at D-1 level (was at D-II I think for many years) until he was 51.  

ESPN's Sports Reporters spent 5 minutes on Indiana's new state law today and nary a word was said about Harrison's comment. I guarantee you that had Kentucky won and Frank Kaminsky said the exact same comment about Harrison, we'd be looking at wall-to-wall coverage about the incident on every channel.

ESPN's Sports Reporters spent 5 minutes on Indiana's new state law today and nary a word was said about Harrison's comment. I guarantee you that had Kentucky won and Frank Kaminsky said the exact same comment about Harrison, we'd be looking at wall-to-wall coverage about the incident on every channel.

And Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would be on their way to 'da Annapolis'...

The nonsense numbers and trends

Duke under coach K is 4-4 in national title games (but 0-3 when facing a 1)

Duke has won all their national titles under K in towns that end in apolis (Minneapolis in 1992 and 2001, Indinapolis in 1991 and 2010).

When two teams are meeting a second time in the season, the trend is that the team who won the first match up typically has won the second time around (Duke beat Wisconsin, in Wisconsin on December 2nd)

Bo Ryan is undefeated in national title games, (he won 4 at the d-3 level)

If Wisconsin wins tonight, they would have faced the toughest road to the championship a team could face (8 Oregon, 4 UNC, 2 Arizona, 1 Kentucky, 1 Duke)

Experience edge goes to Wisconsin, talent favors Duke. 

Guard play favors Duke

Post play favors Wisconsin

Key matchup that decides who wins:  Dekker vs Winslow

My prediction:

Wisconsin has all the tool to win this game, but so does Duke.  When these two teams met in December, Duke was porous defensively and Wisconsin didn't have a full health team with Dekker still recovering.   I think Duke's D and Winslow do just enough to get K his 5th.

Duke 74

Wisco 67

MOP: Winslow