SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

21 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Stuuuuuuupid.....how do they let that happen?  Ohh, let's let Minnesota use one of there few decent starters before the rain comes.......

So two games tomorrow and we literally don't have an actual starting pitcher..........

Hope for a split. 

They knew exactly what they were doing. Now I really hope the boys can somehow win a couple this weekend. Bush league move 

• Upvote 1

Okay, it is what it is......control what you control.

Pitchers to pitch with tie or lead:  Littell, Dobnak, Thorpe, Graterol, May, Romo, Rodgers, Duffy, Romero, Stashak.  

Screw it we lost:  Harper, Stewart, Smeltzer, Hildy.

If they get down big in one game I'd let Stewart throw until his arm falls off....gonna be his last time pitching for the Twins anyways.  

10 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Stuuuuuuupid.....how do they let that happen?  Ohh, let's let Minnesota use one of there few decent starters before the rain comes.......

So two games tomorrow and we literally don't have an actual starting pitcher..........

Hope for a split. 

I think it was stupid to start but I don't really mind it. Yes the Twins lose a starter who has been pretty good against Cleveland this year, but now instead of facing the Indians top 3 starters the Twins still have to face their top 2 guys but get a Cleveland bullpen that has been up and down in the 2nd half. I think the Twins bullpen has been better than the Indians lately and with the key being for the Twins to get at least 1 win this weekend I like their chances in a bullpen battle.I think the Indians are using Clevinger for game 1 and I'd use two of Dobnak/Thorpe/Smeltzer in the matchup to get through 5 today and if you are leading or tied than you can go to the reliable guys. If you are losing you piece it together and load up with your top arms for the other game. Graterol, Romero, Littell, May, Duffy, Romo, Rogers.

16 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Looks like they will have Alcala today as well.

i wouldn’t be shocked if a starter is used as their bullpen session.  I’d consider this, outside of Berrios, an “all staff” day 

I'd love to see Alcala up was hoping they'd bring him up when they did Graterol. Never a bad thing to have another big arm strikeout guy out in the pen.

• Upvote 1