SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

2 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

Perez with a clunker tonight. 5-0 Nats after 2 1/2.   

Brother in law is a big Braves fan hoping for Nats losses and asked what to expect from Perez tonight.  I said five innings and five runs likely.....and whattya know.....

Gibby.....just five innings.....just five.....two runs or less......please?

Okay, bullpen game coming up this weekend on Saturday against the Tribe.  You're the manager, what would you do?  My idea: 

1st-2nd:  Graterol.  Show them high octane right away.  

3rd-5th:  Thorpe or Smeltz,  maybe Hildy 2nd time through for change of pace.  

6th: Duffy

7th:  May

8th: Romo

9th: Rodgers 

Got to win one in Cleveland.  If you have to mix and match the entire game fricken do it.  

35 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Okay, bullpen game coming up this weekend on Saturday against the Tribe.  You're the manager, what would you do?  My idea: 

1st-2nd:  Graterol.  Show them high octane right away.  

3rd-5th:  Thorpe or Smeltz,  maybe Hildy 2nd time through for change of pace.  

6th: Duffy

7th:  May

8th: Romo

9th: Rodgers 

Got to win one in Cleveland.  If you have to mix and match the entire game fricken do it.  

I suppose it all depends on what happens to the bullpen tonight and tomorrow. If Gibby and Odo struggle.....all heck could break loose.

Dobnak did well as the opener in Boston, not as well against Cleveland on Sunday. Although I guess it was just the one inning against Boston and they pieced the rest together.

No matter what you plan to do with the bullpen day, the Twins really need to hope Odo can go 7 strong and give the bullpen some rest tomorrow. With really no idea what you're going to get from Gibby start to start, and especially coming back from the IL......we'll see, but I'm not hopeful.

18 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

You are more confident than me. I’ll be happy with 1 win. Anything else is gravy 

Yeah, I'm in the same boat.  Find a way to just win one.  With the injuries piling up and the starting pitching where it is making the postseason is very much a question again.

3 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I hate that the guy has the entire stadium chanting his name in big spots and thinks he has to hit one 500 feet.  The quality of his AB's is terrible because his approach is terrible.  Good hitters like Arraez make the adjustments.  Eddie seems okay going ofer.  

They can't make a push without him.  A key key cog in the lineup.  

12 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Too late....

I'm guessing this is about the time I turned it off.:D Got too depressed watching Gibby be Gibby and that spring training-esque lineup yesterday.....oof.

Hopefully Odo is on tonight. Stashak only threw three pitches last night and I don't see the other two guys getting used in Cleveland unless things get out of hand. If Odo can go 6-7 tonight the Twins should be set up ok for the bullpen day Saturday. (Although Saturday is probably a throwaway game with twitchy Clevinger on the mound for the Tribe)

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I hate that the guy has the entire stadium chanting his name in big spots and thinks he has to hit one 500 feet.  The quality of his AB's is terrible because his approach is terrible.  Good hitters like Arraez make the adjustments.  Eddie seems okay going ofer.  

They can't make a push without him.  A key key cog in the lineup.  

They need Eddie to go on one of his patented hot streaks now. It's been awhile

55 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So they tried to get the game in

only to get 3 innings in and then called it.....

double header tomorrow 

Stuuuuuuupid.....how do they let that happen?  Ohh, let's let Minnesota use one of there few decent starters before the rain comes.......

So two games tomorrow and we literally don't have an actual starting pitcher..........

Hope for a split. 

• Upvote 1