SiouxSports.com Forum

EARLY Departures 2015

AZSIOUX

Stay become a free agent and sign with nick next year after bubba brings the big one back to gf. Then they will win a cup with taves

You are right on the them winning the big one, the part after that about signing with Nick, not so much.  Blackhawks are stacked at d.

You are right on the them winning the big one, the part after that about signing with Nick, not so much. Blackhawks are stacked at d.

They are? Last I checked, they were making a late-season trade for a 39 year old Flyer who is retiring when the season's over - and giving up two high draft picks to do so!

They are? Last I checked, they were making a late-season trade for a 39 year old Flyer who is retiring when the season's over - and giving up two high draft picks to do so!

But the reason they did that move was because of Cumiskey getting hurt.  They are 7 deep there

Dk who Strickland is

He's the guy that originally tweeted the news about Schmaltz.

Once you saw that on the Twitter-sphere, you came on here and reported the same news a few minutes later and tried to pass it off as your own.

It's ok, this whole day has you spiraling a bit...  :)

• Upvote 2

Question on this, 1st does the Strickland guy actually have a clue what hes talking about. Earlier tweeted Jordan was gone, now all of a sudden hes staying? Second, why would Hak leaving make Jordan want to stay all of a sudden, its not like Berry wasnt going to be there doing things anyways?? Find this odd

Question on this, 1st does the Strickland guy actually have a clue what hes talking about. Earlier tweeted Jordan was gone, now all of a sudden hes staying? Second, why would Hak leaving make Jordan want to stay all of a sudden, its not like Berry wasnt going to be there doing things anyways?? Find this odd

timing could just be coincidental based on who knows what kind of developments in the process. Information could be good, could be bad.  Hard to know how much stock to put in it.

Answer to your first, Strickland is a Kevin Gorg type of a guy who is a rink side reporter for the Blues.  He is trying to make a name for himself.  I really think he reads this site for quite a bit of information about UND recruits.  On the second question, I have a feeling it isn't an all of the sudden.  If he was going to leave, I feel he would have a month ago.  There are a lot of questions up in the air in St Louis and he may be thinking that UND is a more stable situation for himself.  

Don't know for sure but to me it seems like he really doesn't have an idea either way and is just trying to be 1st to report something. Maybe this guy does actually know and Hak leaving does influence Jordan's decision but that's kind of hard for me to believe. I'm not putting much stock into his reports and will wait for a report from someone a little more reliable.

Answer to your first, Strickland is a Kevin Gorg type of a guy who is a rink side reporter for the Blues. He is trying to make a name for himself. I really think he reads this site for quite a bit of information about UND recruits. On the second question, I have a feeling it isn't an all of the sudden. If he was going to leave, I feel he would have a month ago. There are a lot of questions up in the air in St Louis and he may be thinking that UND is a more stable situation for himself.

There are still whispers that Ken Hitchcock might be fired by the Blues if the club can somehow pry Mike Babcock away from Detroit. An unstable situation in St Louis, to be sure, and slightly amusing as the Blues might be trading one 'cock for another.

There are still whispers that Ken Hitchcock might be fired by the Blues if the club can somehow pry Mike Babcock away from Detroit. An unstable situation in St Louis, to be sure, and slightly amusing as the Blues might be trading one 'cock for another.

Cue gfcockey.

I can see Jordan staying another year to possibly head to Chicago with his brother.  Not only does playing with his brother become a possibility, but he ends up only a couple hours away from his home in Wisconsin in both Rockford (AHL) and Chicago (NHL).  Not only that, the Blackhawks are short on young, up-and-coming two-way d-men.  Plus, he joins a Stanley Cup capable team immediately.

Makes a ton of sense.