SiouxSports.com Forum

EARLY Departures 2015

AZSIOUX

Grimaldi deserves most of the blame.  He loses the face-off and then didn't take out the trailing Holl.  

I'm getting tired of people saying it was such a fluky goal when in reality it was a very typical hockey goal.  What we just saw in Boston is a fluke goal.  Rau won the face-off cleanly, no fluke there.  Skjei is first to the puck and makes a nice play by chipping it ahead off the boards to Holl. Holl immediately rushes up the ice and gets it to Rau who's eventual shot was blocked and it came to Holl.  I'm assuming this is the part you guys say is a fluke, the fact that the puck found Holl.  But watch it again.  It's not like the puck just found Holl's stick, in fact he made a great play by playing it off his skate to his stick in order to get a shot off as quickly as he could.  It was a very slick play by him.  Shots are blocked or deflected and bounce to open players all the time in every single game so I'm not sure how that constitutes a fluke. They won the face-off, got up the ice quickly, and managed to get 2 shots off. The end result of the play was made due to a series of good plays leading up to it. 

Grimaldi deserves most of the blame.  He loses the face-off and then didn't take out the trailing Holl.  

I'm getting tired of people saying it was such a fluky goal when in reality it was a very typical hockey goal.  What we just saw in Boston is a fluke goal.  Rau won the face-off cleanly, no fluke there.  Skjei is first to the puck and makes a nice play by chipping it ahead off the boards to Holl. Holl immediately rushes up the ice and gets it to Rau who's eventual shot was blocked and it came to Holl.  I'm assuming this is the part you guys say is a fluke, the fact that the puck found Holl.  But watch it again.  It's not like the puck just found Holl's stick, in fact he made a great play by playing it off his skate to his stick in order to get a shot off as quickly as he could.  It was a very slick play by him.  Shots are blocked or deflected and bounce to open players all the time in every single game so I'm not sure how that constitutes a fluke. They won the face-off, got up the ice quickly, and managed to get 2 shots off. The end result of the play was made due to a series of good plays leading up to it. 

Nah, he simply lost one draw.  He actually won a lot of draws playing center for us.  The biggest factor was simply the lack of effort on the ice getting back (the forward group and D).  It was fluky because there should be no way in heck they score that goal with that amount of time left.....not 5x5.  It was a hockey goal (most are kind of fluky).  If the boys were buzzing they wouldn't even got it in our zone in that amount of time.

Grimaldi deserves most of the blame. He loses the face-off and then didn't take out the trailing Holl.

I'm getting tired of people saying it was such a fluky goal when in reality it was a very typical hockey goal. What we just saw in Boston is a fluke goal. Rau won the face-off cleanly, no fluke there. Skjei is first to the puck and makes a nice play by chipping it ahead off the boards to Holl. Holl immediately rushes up the ice and gets it to Rau who's eventual shot was blocked and it came to Holl. I'm assuming this is the part you guys say is a fluke, the fact that the puck found Holl. But watch it again. It's not like the puck just found Holl's stick, in fact he made a great play by playing it off his skate to his stick in order to get a shot off as quickly as he could. It was a very slick play by him. Shots are blocked or deflected and bounce to open players all the time in every single game so I'm not sure how that constitutes a fluke. They won the face-off, got up the ice quickly, and managed to get 2 shots off. The end result of the play was made due to a series of good plays leading up to it.

I dont think the goal happens had our boys not thought the period was over

Your looking in the right direction but your moron colored glasses have you missing the number one aspect of the play.

Grimaldi was out of position.....why...

Watch the play, he was high sticked in the face coming into the zone by Holl with the ref of course looking directly at it.

If Grimaldi hadn't had his head slashed he would have had position no shot. OT

The high stick was aggressive and blatant and should have drawn a 2:00 PP.

But it didn't so you and all the other skimahs could take the win and riot your campus down.

• Upvote 1

Your looking in the right direction but your moron colored glasses have you missing the number one aspect of the play.

Grimaldi was out of position.....why...

Watch the play, he was high sticked in the face coming into the zone by Holl with the ref of course looking directly at it.

Grimaldi's head snaps back after the stick to the cage. In that split-second, he loses sight of Holl, then looks the wrong way in trying to find him, just as Holl finds the puck on his stick. .6 is a myth!

Grimaldi's head snaps back after the stick to the cage. In that split-second, he loses sight of Holl, then looks the wrong way in trying to find him, just as Holl finds the puck on his stick. .6 is a myth!

Im sure the ref was not going to make the call because time was near up and didnt have the fortitude to make the call with 2 secs to go going into overtime.

Then .6 happens and he cant go back and rectify his monumental eff up.

But its no myth, the puck snuck by Zane and its history. All part of the epic saga of Sioux gopher hockey lore.....

Itnis what it is. A game result that was agian effected by a series of errors.

Faceoff

Defenseman

Ref

Goalie

Dinkytown Rioters

I'm a big Rocco fan, but if he wouldn't have acted like Holls stick was the Hindenberg, and played through it all, it may be the difference. Either way, its a game of quirks and bounces. Wish the good guys had won...

bigskyvikes - gfhockey is a mild amusement in the big ol interweb, don't get why get riled up over him

smileys ---- cereal- they are not available in my comment box :sad:

I'm a big Rocco fan, but if he wouldn't have acted like Holls stick was the Hindenberg, and played through it all, it may be the difference. Either way, its a game of quirks and bounces. Wish the good guys had won...

bigskyvikes - gfhockey is a mild amusement in the big ol interweb, don't get why get riled up over him

smileys ---- cereal- they are not available in my comment box :sad:

Sorry dude, but I have no idea what you are talking about with the Smiley's and now your comment box???

Sorry dude, but I have no idea what you are talking about with the Smiley's and now your comment box???

when I am typing in the comment box, the upper area where you can change font, colors, stuff like that is locked out, I click and nothing happens. But I do know how to type colon parenthesis, so I can smile or frown. Bums me out cause sometimes I like to giggle

when I am typing in the comment box, the upper area where you can change font, colors, stuff like that is locked out, I click and nothing happens. But I do know how to type colon parenthesis, so I can smile or frown. Bums me out cause sometimes I like to giggle

I was lost because I always use my phone, none of them features are on the mobile ap....??

Caggiula-Schmaltz-Boeser

Gersich-Johnson-Wilkie

Chyzyk-Gardner-Murphy

Janatuinen-St. Clair-Olson

Stecher-Ausmus

Shaw-LaDue

Thompson-Poolman

Tomek

Johnson

If Schmaltz stays, I don't see how Poolman doesn't play forward next year.