SiouxSports.com Forum

EARLY Departures 2015

AZSIOUX

The University of North Dakota attempted to get a game at the Ralph vs the Brandon Wheat Kings this upcoming season but the Wheat Kings would not agree to the terms.. Better??

Hopefully they can make an exhibition vs a whl team happen soon. Brandon, seattle, everett, Portland, Id like to see more than one! I've also wondered if the ncaa would now allow since ncaa players will be allowed stipends. Plus umd plays exhibitions against u Manitoba which is a team that has former whl players. Und has also played an exhibition vs the usa world junior team and that team had canadian junior players I'm pretty sure.

I really hope they can make some of these games happen soon. I think many will be surprised as to how these games go.

The University of North Dakota attempted to get a game at the Ralph vs the Brandon Wheat Kings this upcoming season but the Wheat Kings would not agree to the terms.. Better??

Depending on when the game is scheduled, it could be very interesting.  I have a feeling with the chatter back and forth between Major Junior and college programs, it could get quite contentious.  If we are in the middle of our season, we would have much more to lose, because fighting would mean sitting the next game as well. (See Andy Schneider vs. Manitoba).

Per Schloss: Poolman and Johnson had offers but stayed. Keaton has an offer from the Ducks and Jordon obv still yet to decide.

If Poolman doesn't play mostly forward last season KT is most likely the odd D-man out most nights.  IMO he has no business entertaining thoughts about going pro at this stage in his hockey career.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Depending on when the game is scheduled, it could be very interesting. I have a feeling with the chatter back and forth between Major Junior and college programs, it could get quite contentious. If we are in the middle of our season, we would have much more to lose, because fighting would mean sitting the next game as well. (See Andy Schneider vs. Manitoba).

I think an exhibition after the season is over...like right about now would work perfectly!

Depending on when the game is scheduled, it could be very interesting.  I have a feeling with the chatter back and forth between Major Junior and college programs, it could get quite contentious.  If we are in the middle of our season, we would have much more to lose, because fighting would mean sitting the next game as well. (See Andy Schneider vs. Manitoba).

The game would be scheduled as an exibition so I dont think anything would carry over.

The game would be scheduled as an exibition so I dont think anything would carry over.

So was the exhibition against Manitoba, when Schneider fought. He missed the first NCAA game that season, and had the one fight on his record for potential future fights.

Especially on the defense! We'll have to enjoy this next season... ;)

We say this not stop but the team is looking really good again this year with the returning players and recruits coming in, maybe better then last year so hopefully this is the year they win the Natty, and because i have a place to stay in Tampa to watch them!

Thompson justified the minutes the coaches gave him last year by really improving.  I think he's on his way to becoming a heck of a defenseman.  While I love the savvy and compete of LaDue and Stecher, Thompson has them beat athletically, with skating they can't match.  He was also younger than everyone on the roster last year but Poganski and Nick Schmaltz.

Because of his age, I think he should stay to mature physically and as a player.  His ceiling is way up there, though.

That fight was the very last game at the old Ralph....Schneider had to miss the 1st game at the new Ralph

So maybe ncaa rules wouldn't apply if this exhibition game was played in Canada?

Wouldn't a ncaa vs whl tourney in winnipeg be fun? Send und and bemidji up there with brandon and Regina!