SiouxSports.com Forum

Super Bowl XLIX

The Sicatoka

If Cliff Avril doesn't get injured, Seattle wins that game. Their defense was not the same after he left the game.

If 86 doesn't botch the onside kick vs SEA,  ARog is in Disney World today.....................

• Upvote 2

Has anyone else seen this "greatest Super Bowl catches ever" that they've been showing since last night on ESPN? #5 Butch Johnson of the Cowboys against the Broncos in Super Bowl XII...just wow. He holds the ball for a millisecond and it's a TD. Unreal.

An NBA player can tell if a hoop is "too tight" or there isn't any give to it...an MLB ballplayer can tell if a bat is one ounce lighter or heavier than his usual bat..but I'm supposed to believe that a guy who has thrown a football since he was 5 years old can't tell the difference between 13.5 PSI vs 11.5? C'mon!

1 ball was at that level. Do we even know if that ball was ever put in play? they have 12 and I don't think they rotate them in to use them all. How about the 2-3 refs that handle the ball on every down.....Not a Patriots fan but this whole thing was blown way out of proportion with half facts and most of the information not researched before ESPN had to "break" the story.

• Upvote 2

If 86 doesn't botch the onside kick vs SEA, ARog is in Disney World today.....................

Seattle STILL had to score a touchdown after that...by driving 50 or so yards. We're talking 3 chances to score a TD from about a foot out. Hell, Goon should gotten a carry on 2nd down before that pass should have been attempted.

Hey the Super Bowl XLIX MVP got a Chevy truck to drive.

Guess who's driving it .... :D  .... what'd I say ...   ;)

As MVP, Brady also received a shiny new Chevy truck. While he didn’t hand his MVP trophy to Malcolm Butler, the quarterback is doing the next best thing: He’s giving (Butler) the truck.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/02/03/patriots-tom-brady-gives-super-bowl-mvp-truck-to-malcolm-butler/ 

Hey the Super Bowl XLIX MVP got a Chevy truck to drive.

Guess who's driving it .... :D  .... what'd I say ...   ;)

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/02/03/patriots-tom-brady-gives-super-bowl-mvp-truck-to-malcolm-butler/ 

This is why Brady is the leader he is.  This is how you endear your teammates to you.  Johnny Football, are you listening?

This is why Brady is the leader he is. This is how you endear your teammates to you. Johnny Football, are you listening?

Multi-millionaire married to a supermodel gives away car that he "owned" for all of fifteen minutes. Gee, stop the presses, fs4l, that's quite a story!

• Upvote 2

I rewatched the end of SB XLIX on NFL Network last night. 

NE 21 (Butler) was spectacular during the last SEA possession:

- pass breakup (against Kearse?) at about the 20 just a play or two before

- being situation-aware enough to make the tackle after the "are you kidding me" catch at the 5

- The Pick 

About the only thing NE 21 didn't do is tackle BeastMode on the first and goal play from the 5. 

Yes, Brady won it, but there is a strong case to be made for someone other than "GLA". 

The final SEA drive:

S.Gostkowski kicks 65 yards from NE 35 to end zone, Touchback. 28 24
1st and 10 at SEA 20 (2:02) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass deep left to M.Lynch to NE 49 for 31 yards (J.Collins).
  Two-Minute Warning
1st and 10 at NE 49 (1:55) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass incomplete deep right to J.Kearse (M.Butler).
  Timeout #1 by SEA at 01:50.
2nd and 10 at NE 49 (1:50) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass incomplete deep right to C.Matthews (B.Browner).
3rd and 10 at NE 49 (1:41) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass short right to R.Lockette to NE 38 for 11 yards (L.Ryan).
1st and 10 at NE 38 (1:14) (No Huddle, Shotgun) R.Wilson pass deep right to J.Kearse pushed ob at NE 5 for 33 yards (M.Butler).
  Timeout #2 by SEA at 01:06.
1st and 5 at NE 5 (1:06) M.Lynch left tackle to NE 1 for 4 yards (D.Hightower).
2nd and 1 at NE 1 (:26) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass short right intended for R.Lockette INTERCEPTED by M.Butler at NE -1. M.Butler to NE 2 for 3 yards (R.Lockette). PENALTY on NE, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, 1 yard, enforced at NE 2.
  Timeout #2 by NE at 00:20.

I rewatched the end of SB XLIX on NFL Network last night. 

NE 21 (Butler) was spectacular during the last SEA possession:

- pass breakup (against Kearse?) at about the 20 just a play or two before

- being situation-aware enough to make the tackle after the "are you kidding me" catch at the 5

- The Pick 

About the only thing NE 21 didn't do is tackle BeastMode on the first and goal play from the 5. 

Yes, Brady won it, but there is a strong case to be made for someone other than "GLA". 

The final SEA drive:

I've re-watched the game too and Malcum Butler still didn't do anything to garner MVP honors...like I've said before; three tackles and an INT (when they shouldn't have been in that position anyway) does not garner MVP honors. Tom Brady was 37-50, 328 yards, 4 TDS 2 INT and a 101 QB rating; that is a little more important than 3 tackles and 1 pick. Love him or hate him (seems like most hate him) Tom Brady was the Right choice and you really can't argue that fact because the stats do not lie.

I've re-watched the game too and Malcum Butler still didn't do anything to garner MVP honors...like I've said before; three tackles and an INT (when they shouldn't have been in that position anyway) does not garner MVP honors. Tom Brady was 37-50, 328 yards, 4 TDS 2 INT and a 101 QB rating; that is a little more important than 3 tackles and 1 pick. Love him or hate him (seems like most hate him) Tom Brady was the Right choice and you really can't argue that fact because the stats do not lie.

Not arguing for or against Brady or for or against Butler.  But whether or not they should have been in that position is irrelevant.  The fact of the matter is they were in that position and the kid stepped up and made a play that closed it out and won them the Super Bowl.

Not arguing for or against Brady or for or against Butler.  But whether or not they should have been in that position is irrelevant.  The fact of the matter is they were in that position and the kid stepped up and made a play that closed it out and won them the Super Bowl.

Good point. Same case could be made for Brady, they were down by 10 in the 4th quarter and he brought them back to get them in a position where that INT happens. Without Brady's last two TD's, Seattle kneels on the ball and wins and Russell Wilson is probably the MVP.

Good point. Same case could be made for Brady, they were down by 10 in the 4th quarter and he brought them back to get them in a position where that INT happens. Without Brady's last two TD's, Seattle kneels on the ball and wins and Russell Wilson is probably the MVP.

But Brady didn't do enough to win me any money in my Playoff Fantasy Football pool, so I can't accept the position you're taking! :p

• Upvote 1