SiouxSports.com Forum

Super Bowl XLIX

The Sicatoka

Multi-millionaire married to a supermodel gives away car that he "owned" for all of fifteen minutes. Gee, stop the presses, fs4l, that's quite a story!

The point is, he didn't have to do it and he did it anyway.  A lot of guys would have said "Screw you, I'm keeping it because it's MINE."  But missing the point is a common habit on this forum, isn't it? :p

The point is, he didn't have to do it and he did it anyway. A lot of guys would have said "Screw you, I'm keeping it because it's MINE." But missing the point is a common habit on this forum, isn't it? :p

If I give you $10 just for the heck of it and you promptly turn around and drop it in the collection basket at St Michael's Church, does that make you a generous man?

If I give you $10 just for the heck of it and you promptly turn around and drop it in the collection basket at St Michael's Church, does that make you a generous man?

That truck may have been $10 to Brady, but it was pure 14K gold to an undrafted rookie free agent who is (probably) making the league minimum.  Brady was recognizing the fact that this kid clinched a world championship with his INT at the goal line, which is what a leader does.  Could you picture Terrell Owens doing this?  Or even Randy "That pot isn't mine" Moss?  No and no.

I'm a Vikings fan, but I really don't understand the hatred that Brady and the Patriots get from the rest of the football world.  And this was the case before spygate and deflategate.

I'm a Vikings fan, but I really don't understand the hatred that Brady and the Patriots get from the rest of the football world.  And this was the case before spygate and deflategate.

B9BtN6dIMAABdCm.jpg

Yea, sure is hard to understand all the hate for the Patriots - a class organization, from top to bottom.  :silly:

• Upvote 1

B9BtN6dIMAABdCm.jpg

Yea, sure is hard to understand all the hate for the Patriots - a class organization, from top to bottom.  :silly:

Is that Blount? He is such a POS, he shouldnt even have been on the Patriots roster and he never should be in the NFL. From his sucker punch in college to his whining and quitting on the Steelers in mid-season.

• Upvote 1

Richard_Sherman_Tom_Brady_Great_Player_U

Nobody seemed to care that Richard Sherman was practically the first player to chat with Tom Brady immediately following that crushing defeat...I guess it's far more newsworthy to show his shocked face on the Wilson INT...

If you run your mouth like Sherman, it's going to take a lot to undo the damage.  I can't tell you how many people I talked to who said they were "only cheering for the Pats because I don't want Richard Sherman and that 'I'm only here so I don't get fined' guy to win".  He could give $1MM to charity right now, and we'd still see his disbelief face in the article.

If you run your mouth like Sherman, it's going to take a lot to undo the damage. I can't tell you how many people I talked to who said they were "only cheering for the Pats because I don't want Richard Sherman and that 'I'm only here so I don't get fined' guy to win". He could give $1MM to charity right now, and we'd still see his disbelief face in the article.

Again, we see what the media wants us to see. There are even stories out there showing Sherman and the kneeling Brady saying that Sherman was "ignored" by Brady. That simply wasn't true at all. LeGarrette Blount is about as classless as they get. Same with Edelman for holding up his poster of Sherman and that now famous meme. And yet the Seahawks are the guys wearing the black hats.

Again, we see what the media wants us to see. There are even stories out there showing Sherman and the kneeling Brady saying that Sherman was "ignored" by Brady. That simply wasn't true at all. LeGarrette Blount is about as classless as they get. Same with Edelman for holding up his poster of Sherman and that now famous meme. And yet the Seahawks are the guys wearing the black hats.

Direct quote from Sherman: "I would love for a regular student, for just one semester, to have a student-athlete schedule during the season and show me how you balance that. Show me how you would schedule your classes when you can't schedule classes for 2 to 6 o'clock on any given day.

"Show me how you're going to get all your work done when you get out [of practice and meetings] at 7:30 or so and have a test the next day and you're dead tired from practice and you still have to study and get the same work done."

​I can't stand arrogance like this. How does he know what regular students go through? I worked 1 part-time job and worked on the farm my whole college career to pay for my education. I had trouble scheduling classes around my work schedule and there were days when I was working on the farm for 18 hours and went to class and still did my homework. You balance it by sucking it up and just doing it.  

Direct quote from Sherman: "I would love for a regular student, for just one semester, to have a student-athlete schedule during the season and show me how you balance that. Show me how you would schedule your classes when you can't schedule classes for 2 to 6 o'clock on any given day.

"Show me how you're going to get all your work done when you get out [of practice and meetings] at 7:30 or so and have a test the next day and you're dead tired from practice and you still have to study and get the same work done."

​I can't stand arrogance like this. How does he know what regular students go through? I worked 1 part-time job and worked on the farm my whole college career to pay for my education. I had trouble scheduling classes around my work schedule and there were days when I was working on the farm for 18 hours and went to class and still did my homework. You balance it by sucking it up and just doing it.

With all due respect, I don't think Sherman would consider you to be a "regular student" either.
  • Upvote 1

Again, we see what the media wants us to see.

I agree with you on the media.  Sherman just doesn't need to give them so much ammo.  From his hand gestures about Revis to his screaming matches with the 49ers and the following press conferences...  Guy just keeps doling out the ammo for people not to like him. 

Personally, I don't care much at all about him, and that lack of attention would probably bother him way more than if I hated him.